Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | 19/02/13 | SNET-P | 5:30PM |

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1208 replies to this topic

#1201 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Pretty disgusted with the refs overall. Not the reason we didn't win, but sure as hell didn't help.

I agree. The reffing has been just brutal the last few games. Have we been getting the same fools every game now? Since I've watched a lot of other games and the reffing there is never as bad.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

#1202 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,262 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Anyone blaming Schneider tonight just shows their true colors, zero credibility. They aren't ever going to change, zero ability to form a non-biased view.

Truer words couldn't have been spoken. Schneider was the reason we got a point tonight.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1203 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Uhhh did you watch the game? We had 3 breakaways against in the first period alone. Countless 2 on 1's and 3 on 2's.

Chicago did not need it's goaltending nearly as much as we did tonight. Just look at the scoring chances tonight, and you'll see that.

Our goalies have to play well, but lately for us to win they have to stand on their heads. And even that wasn't enough tonight.

So you agree then.

#1204 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

So you agree then.

How do you draw that conclusion?

Go check the shots on net, and scoring chance stats and then come back and tell me emery faced the same work schneider did tonight.

Without schneider this game could have easily gotten out of hand. How sad it is it, schneider is so hated hawks fans on other forums praise his performance more then our own fans.

#1205 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Not matter what the stats say, you never change goalies at the end because of a shootout. NEVER.

I know. I wonder why AV did not start Luongo for tonight's game.
Posted Image

#1206 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

With Schneider starting I don't like our chances, but Brent Seabrook and Crawford are out. We're going to have to open it up against these guys to beat them - play dirty, distract their stars with hits and penalties and score more than they do.

Schneider will probably let in 3ish goals against these superstar forwards who are on fire right now, but the twins are clicking as is Kesler, and with Booth back we've got a better matchup against their backup goalie and Seabrook-less defence.

I said 2-1 win with Luongo, but with Schneider hopefully we can open this game up. 6-3 Canucks.

:bigblush:

zackass.png

#1207 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

I am tired of seeing the canucks playing for the first 15 minutes, getting a lead, and then just coasting and not pressing hard until late in the third. 1 goal and 2 goal leads are not gonna last in this league today. Had to have been one of the worst defensive games they have played all year.

#1208 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,474 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Honestly, it's getting ridiculous that people argue after a game "SEE? We should have played ________ in net". As if that guarantees a better result. Both goaltenders will play lights out at times (thanks Schneids, you were great last night) and both goaltenders will let in goals that should have been saves.

It's ridiculous that we have this happening each game. You're not proving a point because that would require proof (that one goaltender would have outshone another). There is none and we should just let this die now and support whoever is in net.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#1209 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Honestly, it's getting ridiculous that people argue after a game "SEE? We should have played ________ in net". As if that guarantees a better result. Both goaltenders will play lights out at times (thanks Schneids, you were great last night) and both goaltenders will let in goals that should have been saves.

It's ridiculous that we have this happening each game. You're not proving a point because that would require proof (that one goaltender would have outshone another). There is none and we should just let this die now and support whoever is in net.

It is getting pretty ridiculous isn't it? Especially if it wasn't even the goalies fault for the loss.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.