The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | 19/02/13 | SNET-P | 5:30PM |

iCanucksLover

I hate to be pessimistic but ...

we still have a chance.

We need to play in their end a bit. I'd bet we'll see Booth on the second line. I would put Kass back out there too. Tonight was not the right time to break up the Speedy Gonzales Line.

We played completely different that game than this game, so you can't compare the two evenly.

Anyone who thinks this game is like this because of goaltending or officiating is not watching the same game.

The Canucks D has had downright dispicable coverage. And the team has been skating in quicksand all night. Bottom line is they weren't prepared to play yet again. Wonder what AV's excuse will be this time...

I think the whole coaching staff needs to go. Defence is playing WAY below their level. Special teams have been brutal (minus last game), and Vignault really knows how to take talent, and make it look average, while not having his team ready to play, or knowing when to adjust strategies.

My view on a couple things.

That goal was definitely not a goal as it was undetermined, so what the ref called on the ice stood.

Tanev is definitely the best defender again. Hamhuis and Bieksa are improving. Ballard was steady, Edler has been pretty bad. Garrison was doing well up until the third goal where he just let Hossa walk in and score.

Booth is doing well in a smaller role so far. Schroeder has been absolutely invisible haven't even noticed him yet.

And last without Schneider the game would be 7-1 easily. He has kept the team in it.

This team is not the group to makes a playoff run, too many guys play with their heads up their a#*es. ( Edler Ballard , Lap to name a few )

It was a fun 1st period but they decided to take it easy in the 2nd and we see the results , dumb penalties because their slow in their own end.

Whens the trade deadline cause these guys will not get it done.

I can't believe we crapped on a lead AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame we have a roster like this and come out with an effort like that in the second period with a measly 6 shots. Pathetic. Do we think we're facing the Blue Jackets? No, this is the Chicago Blackhawks. You know, the team that STILL hasn't lost in regulation yet and we put out an effort like that where we tried to sit on a friggin one goal lead. Our goalies may have bailed us out at the beginning of the season, but its not sustainable to expect them to play at a .950 save percentage and a 1.5 GAA forever. Leaning on Schneider or even Luongo on a one goal lead and expecting to win like that isn't a formula for success. When you have a one goal lead, you put your foot on the other team's neck instead of letting the foot off the gas and letting them back in the game (and please don't even get me started on the last Hossa goal).

Archived