49 replies to this topic

#1 verybcman

verybcman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

With Kesler back and him + Burrows in full force, is it just me, or are the diving and flopping antics back? There were evidence of those - methinks - in the last game.

As much as I hate it when they lose - and will continue to support them no matter what - I'd still want the team to play with integrity. Don't care if other teams are not.

#2 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I didn't notice it.

#3 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

POPULAR

Shut up.

Edited by Jordan Eberle, 19 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#4 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

POPULAR

If you're talking about right at the end of the game where the Canucks drew like 3 or 4 penalties .. those were all penalties. Kesler may have embellished a LITTLE bit on that boarding/hitting from behind call, but he was hit on the numbers with his face towards the boards so it was a penalty regardless.

#5 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,661 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I was looking for this all night from Kesler and I didnt see a dive

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,945 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I didn't notice it either. Are you talking about when Kesler drew those two penalties? They were legit hits that would put someone on the ice.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#7 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

If you're talking about right at the end of the game where the Canucks drew like 3 or 4 penalties .. those were all penalties. Kesler may have embellished a LITTLE bit on that boarding/hitting from behind call, but he was hit on the numbers with his face towards the boards so it was a penalty regardless.

I worried about the same hit when it first happened, but on the replay I didn't have an issue with it. He got hit when he was away from the boards and never looked up to see what the ref was doing about it. I didn't think there was any embellishment there at all.
Posted Image

#8 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,111 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Are you talking about the play where Shorty thought Burrows tried to draw a penalty? I didn't see a replay so can't say, but the penalites Kesler drew were obvious penalties.

#9 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, maybe a little bit of embellishment, but no more than most players would do.

Hopefully that side of Kelser is behind him.

#10 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

i didnt notice anything......maybe you were watching the wrong game?

#11 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,510 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

If the Canucks were diving, why is it that I saw more Blues on the ice than Canucks?

If the Canucks were diving, the refs would have called it - for the last 2 games the refs have been calling the Canucks for breathing on the opposition.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#12 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

POPULAR

For goodness sake! Enough of looking for faults in our own players.

There are plenty of journalists doing that for us. Let's stick together.
Kevin.jpg

#13 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I actually did notice a bit of a dive by Kesler, and I groaned. Its one of the many reasons why I am not a Kesler fan....I have to admit he is awesome on the team, but he pisses me right off.. He embarrasses the team too much.
Life is short, LIVE IT

#14 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I actually did notice a bit of a dive by Kesler, and I groaned. Its one of the many reasons why I am not a Kesler fan....I have to admit he is awesome on the team, but he pisses me right off.. He embarrasses the team too much.

I don't know what dive your talking about. I was at the game and their was no dive on either of the two penalties. He has dived in the past but not that night. They were legit penalties without any embellishment. He didn't even look at the ref after the hit and tried to get up as soon as possible to get back into the play. If getting hit into the boards from behind by someone who took several strides across the ice is considered a dive then every hockey player on skates is going to be considered a diver.

Edited by DooBie604, 19 February 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#15 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Shut up.

What he said.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#16 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

I think Burrows tried to draw a penalty (dive) near the end of the third period.

Given past years I'd like to personally not see any antics.

G4fSut.gif

#17 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

It's unfortunate but with the shoddy quality of reffing in the NHL these days, I can almost see why one would resort to embellishing.

I was watching the Ducks/Jackets game yesterday and one of the Ducks got poked in the face with a stick. It was definitely a high stick but not a vicious cut to the face, yet the player still grabbed his face like he was in a world of pain. I honestly didn't see someone who was being a baby, I saw someone who didn't trust the ref one bit to make the call on his own and took measures to make it visible to the ref that he had been hit in the face with a stick.

RE: the original post, I didn't see any of that last game. Just wanted to make that point.

#18 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

I've actually not seen a single dive from Kesler thus far.

Keep it up Kes, no more of that BS
Posted Image

#19 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Just because some haters claim it's a dive, they claim it every time a Canucks player goes down, that doesn't mean it's actually a dive, it's gamesmanship and propaganda, we can't buy into that narrative.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#20 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Shut up.

Agreed. I've actually loved what I've seen from Kes in his first two games back. Showing a return to his bullish power-forward style. So yes, do shut up.

#21 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Just an fyi for everyone else, you can get a boarding penatly without hitting a guy in the numbers as well. In fact the 'hitting in the numbers' term is no where mentionned in the rulebook.

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

#22 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Leo Komarov got called for diving twice in the same period.

Kesler isn't the diving king anymore.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#23 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

"Dives"? Well Burrows did a beauty. "Embellishment"? Oh yes, Lou for sure, Kes on both penalties (he went down like he'd been shot, laid still for just a moment and then shot right back up) and, yes, even Sedin went down really easily. They're back, no doubt about it. The problem? It got us a point.

Speaking of "gamesmanship" anybody else laugh at Kesler complaining about the ice in the shootout, trying to psych out the noob goalie. Didn't work very well did it?

Edited by thema, 19 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#24 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I find it ironic that we will complain about the refs 'fixing a game' by calling/not calling penalties, yet isn't diving and embellishing essentially the same thing? Using the refs to fix the game?

#25 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Oh, I noticed lots of bad calls in that game, but no diving by our players.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#26 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,006 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

No. Our players are just that soft.
Posted Image

#27 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Just an fyi for everyone else, you can get a boarding penatly without hitting a guy in the numbers as well. In fact the 'hitting in the numbers' term is no where mentionned in the rulebook.

41.1 Boarding Ė A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

Hitting the numbers also known as hitting or checking from behind.

43.1 Checking from Behind Ė A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#28 TigerWilliamsJr

TigerWilliamsJr

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Well I guess we should never get a PP again because every time one of our players hits the ice itís a "Dive" or "embellishment". I find it so pathetic that we seem to be the only team heavily scrutinized for this act, yet every team does it to some point or another. When someone from our team does do it I canít stand to watch it but to say that we are the only ones who are guilty is rather juvenile.

#29 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Can we bring back the minus please? And out of the five star voting system, why isn't there a 0 star vote? I was hesitant to even give this thread 1 star.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#30 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

So how about that Patrick Sharp, taking a stick and high-sticking himself... Bet nobody talks about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.