The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Would I do Lou for Gudbranson, Mueller and a 2knd? Sure.

For the moment I'm hoping the Canucks can hold the fort without Kess and Bieksa. I don't like Raymond's chances matching up against San Jose as a centre; too big! None of Garrison, Ballard, Edler nor Hamhuis have looked great playing right side, now two will be playing there all game.

I'd like MG to look at an actual realistic trade and FTR, we should have looked at Mueller in the off season. He was a cheap UFA pick up for Florida who could have helped us.

This trade has my vote.

Do you think Florida would do it?

Yzerman won the Gold Medal with Luongo so Yzerman has a connection with Luongo and beleives in him. I think MG is the problem... he knows Yzerman is smarter than him and doesn't want to come out looking stupid for trading away Luongo.Imagine if Luongo goes to Tampa and they win the Cup... MG will be face palming himself the rest of his life.

I over heard Luongo talking today. True story... apparently he bought 25% share in the team and is working on a trade

To Tampa

MG + Cory +

To van

Hedman + $ to hire someone to run strombone1 instagram and facebook account + steveeeeey y +++ more

And then another trade

To Dallas ...dan " lets give up an odd man rush or deflect pucks cuz luis in net" hamhuis and 2nd rounder

To van ... Rome + morrow

E5 folks

I over heard Luongo talking today. True story... apparently he bought 25% share in the team and is working on a trade

To Tampa

MG + Cory +

To van

Hedman + $ to hire someone to run strombone1 instagram and facebook account + steveeeeey y +++ more

And then another trade

To Dallas ...dan " lets give up an odd man rush or deflect pucks cuz luis in net" hamhuis and 2nd rounder

To van ... Rome + morrow

E5 folks

You twisted the words in my post. I don't want Luongo gone, I know he's being traded and have long since accepted that fact. Cory is staying and Lu is going. There's too much evidence to support that and the fact that you and CH101 continue to push those facts to the side and refuse to believe they are real is pretty sad.

I think Cory's skill set is on par with luongo now, luongo may be better at something's and Cory at others. I think I speak for pretty much every Schneider supporter when I say it's not a question of who's better right now, they're pretty much equal. It's a question of who will still be on top in 6 years. Maybe neither of them will be but my money is on Schneider if I'm betting. Either of them right now have a chance of getting hot in the playoffs over the next six years and when they're hot they're damn near impossible to beat. With that in mind it's pretty safe to say either one of them can crap the bed over the next 6-8 years. At the tail end of that span I'm pretty sure I want a younger Cory Schneider in net than grandpa Lu.

I bet you 90% of this board has faith in luongo to have some playoff success if we choose to keep him. It has nothing to do with thinking Cory is better in the meantime.

I also don't think anyone is opposed to trading the kid if he brings back another young star like huberdeau or someone but the fact is he won't bring back that much more than luongo. He might get back more youth but othing with superstar ceiling. So IMO anyways it's better to keep a young projected all star goalie for the span of his career than the slightly better package Schneider would return over luongo.

You twisted the words in my post. I don't want Luongo gone, I know he's being traded and have long since accepted that fact. Cory is staying and Lu is going. There's too much evidence to support that and the fact that you and CH101 continue to push those facts to the side and refuse to believe they are real is pretty sad.

To Tampa

MG + Cory +

To van

And then another trade

To van ... Rome + morrow

E5 folks

Although I agree with a lot you have said, the reality is that Schneider's skil set is superior to Lou's in all facets except puck handling. Either goalie can get us to the playoffs but Lou's game has not stood up to the test in the playoffs. He is either hot or cold, seldom average. People say its the pressure and thats probably true. Lou had a great season in 2010-11 but totally changed his style in the playoffs ,and his consistancy suffered. Lou has worked on some technical issues during the lockout. Better balance over his skates, more patience on shots and playing deeper is his net have all improved his numbers. Lou had a great start to the season but his last 2 starts must concern him, lit up in Detroit. one terrible goal vs Calgary and one iffy one. I believe the reason the team is willing to part with Lou is not a reflection on his seasonal play but his playoff inconsistancy.

I think Cory's skill set is on par with luongo now, luongo may be better at something's and Cory at others. I think I speak for pretty much every Schneider supporter when I say it's not a question of who's better right now, they're pretty much equal. It's a question of who will still be on top in 6 years. Maybe neither of them will be but my money is on Schneider if I'm betting. Either of them right now have a chance of getting hot in the playoffs over the next six years and when they're hot they're damn near impossible to beat. With that in mind it's pretty safe to say either one of them can crap the bed over the next 6-8 years. At the tail end of that span I'm pretty sure I want a younger Cory Schneider in net than grandpa Lu.

I bet you 90% of this board has faith in luongo to have some playoff success if we choose to keep him. It has nothing to do with thinking Cory is better in the meantime.

I also don't think anyone is opposed to trading the kid if he brings back another young star like huberdeau or someone but the fact is he won't bring back that much more than luongo. He might get back more youth but othing with superstar ceiling. So IMO anyways it's better to keep a young projected all star goalie for the span of his career than the slightly better package Schneider would return over luongo.

Although I agree with a lot you have said, the reality is that Schneider's skil set is superior to Lou's in all facets except puck handling. Either goalie can get us to the playoffs but Lou's game has not stood up to the test in the playoffs. He is either hot or cold, seldom average. People say its the pressure and thats probably true. Lou had a great season in 2010-11 but totally changed his style in the playoffs ,and his consistancy suffered. Lou has worked on some technical issues during the lockout. Better balance over his skates, more patience on shots and playing deeper is his net have all improved his numbers. Lou had a great start to the season but his last 2 starts must concern him, lit up in Detroit. one terrible goal vs Calgary and one iffy one. I believe the reason the team is willing to part with Lou is not a reflection on his seasonal play but his playoff inconsistancy.

No Cory's game is not better than Luongos... especially not in all facets other than puck handling. I don't mind if someone is arguing with me and saying they are equally in some things but to say Cory is better in all facets is absolutely ridiculous.

Again I understand if people say Cory is the better choice Long term... but to say he's better than luongo in ALL FACETS RIGHT NOW, just makes me shake my head

Archived