what's with Benn's chicken legs? Lol.

#32 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yes! Feels good to win in regulation. That last PP was so amazing to watch! Nice to see Garrison get a goal. Kes (who you all know I love to pieces) NEEDS to pass more.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#33 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Tanevs a bleeping beast. I can't believe how many quality defensive plays this kid made tonight. On at least 3 occasions he bailed out his partner - which is what he's best at. And that pairing moves the puck so well, it's tape to tape and then in the offensive zone. I like it, I like it a lot. The only d-pairing not on the ice for a goal against. How many games can we say that about Edler? -- not many this yr. I want MOAR of them!!!!

Kes having an 'interesting' defensive season thus far. I'm guessing it's just timing still - cause it's very unlike him.

Schroeder and Raymond had a great night as well.

These zebras are just garbage. Every game I watch this yr, in east or west conference, looks like it's officiated by a 2 yr old with vision impairment.

Also,
Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff

#Canucks lead #NHL with 13 goals from d-men. TBL 12, OTT 11, PIT 10. At other end of spectrum, COL has 1.

:towel:

#34 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Horrible start but decent finish. The Canucks offence is going now, Sedins are back to form and Booth was looking amazing tonight. The twins in particular showed off their skill tonight and it won us the game. They dominated on the powerplay and it's good to see them back. Burrows had a great game with the twins, minus the two stupid interference penalties, and it's been a while since he's been playing this well too.

Kesler was pretty horrible tonight, highlighted by that disgusting defensive gaff infront of his own net. Didn't create any offence either and he needs to practice that slapshot on the powerplay a bit more. Booth on the otherhand was flying, generated more offence than anyone else on this team and looked great all night long. Obviously the finish wasn't there but that will come with time, it's good to see his legs are still there and his hunger for the front of the net is stronger than anyone else on this teams. 30 goal pace if he finds his finish again.

Kassian had a pretty strong game too, his size isn't being used well though - he is great on the cycle with the Sedins because no one can get the puck off him, and needs to play this way with other linemates. Schroeder and Raymond have been consistently creating offence for this team as well and had some good looks with Booth. Nothing special from our 4th line, apart from some great defensive plays by Higgins and Weise, especially on the PK.

Our defence needed that shakeup. Ballard and Garrison looked great IMO, Garrison had the best game of his Canuck career and showed us why he needs to shoot more often. He was also sound defensively and did some great work on the PK too. Ballard didn't have a strong game but could have been a lot worse. As a pair they work well together.

Tanev didn't make any big mistakes with his new partner and Edler looked much better with Tanev - no mistakes from this pairing that resulted in a goal. Hamhuis and Bieksa on the otherhand were terrible in their own zone and their positioning was off, but Bieksa has really started getting hot lately with another great goal. He's playing a lot more physically lately and is on pace for 20 goals over a full season.

Schneider looked pretty average once again, and I'm convinced now that he's not starter material. This has been a long string of average games now, despite playing well at times he's still letting in an average of 1 or 2 bad goals per game, and quite simply 3 goals against every single game is pretty unacceptable considering we have a goalie with a 1.56 GAA sitting on the bench. Schneider needs to get on a run because right now he's getting shelled and keeping other teams in games. A couple of good saves in the 2nd period in this game, but 2 bad goals is far worse.
Posted Image

#35 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

seriously stop starting drama enough is enough everytime the canucks have had a back to back for awhile we have always alternated goalies all your doing is trolling

is that all you say and know "troll" "trolling"? You my friend are very sensitive and defensive for Schneider. Yeah we have alternated goalies, all I said was Lu should start even if it wasn't back to back.

I'm a Luongo guy, but man you are a big time homer. 3.00GAA and .888 SV% is your definition of great, enough said.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#36 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Schneider looked pretty average once again, and I'm convinced now that he's not starter material. This has been a long string of average games now, despite playing well at times he's still letting in an average of 1 or 2 bad goals per game, and quite simply 3 goals against every single game is pretty unacceptable considering we have a goalie with a 1.56 GAA sitting on the bench. Schneider needs to get on a run because right now he's getting shelled and keeping other teams in games. A couple of good saves in the 2nd period in this game, but 2 bad goals is far worse.

guess you missed the chicago game he was the only reason we got a point and he was solid in net tonight but i guess people wanna keep the goalie controversy going

schneider is starter material end of story

Edited by captaincanuck88, 21 February 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#37 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Not really an argument worthy game for Schneider. .880 and two fairly ugly goals against. Luongo hears it for softies, not sure why Schneider fans get all whiny about it back. Our defensive zone play has been hideous. Probably would've lost with a non-thrid string goalie in net on the other team. A win is nice, but being reminded almost every night how bad we are defensively is kind of alarming.

I agree, we only got 4 becuase of their 3rd string goalie was playing, because he let in some weak ones. A win, but not a solid win.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#38 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Luongo tmw and sunday should depend on whether Luongo plays great tmw or avg.. if you sit Luongo regardless of how he plays then i think it's bad message to send that regardless of how well you play there's no way in hell you can earn your starting spot back.

Yea I'm sure they have a pre-set plan for starts at least for the next 5 games or so but will alter it if a guy gets hot

#39 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

guess you missed the chicago game he was the only reason we got a point and he was solid in net tonight but i guess people wanna keep the goalie controversy going

schneider is starter material end of story

ok just answer me this please, you say Schneider was solid tonight. So would you say then Lu was solid on Sun against the Blues?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#40 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Downunda....

#41 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,261 posts

LOOOOL if Lu was in net Shorty would have said "Great save by edler bailing out luongo who was completely beat"

Instead he praises Cory for an amazing save he didn't touch

The king will be back in net tomorrow. Pretty bad performance by Cory. Shorty and Garrett gave him so much credit for that huge save by edler. Hopefully Cory can redeem himself next match.

Kassian seemed pretty tired and slow other than the fight.

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my book. Go Canucks Go!
Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#42 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,846 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

A win is a win.

Don't care about the rest.

Burrows post game said it best - we still have work to do.
I like how he took ownership for those penalties - even though it was obvious that Robidas scored a perfect 10 in both diving events.

Now beat the Preds! Go Canucks Go!

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#43 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Sweet revenge.
Posted Image

#44 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Just saw the overhead of that save on sportsnet, that was all Edler's stick, he saved a goal

yeah same watched it frame by frame edler saved that goal

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#45 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Oh lord. :lol:

Thought you had a pretty decent analysis of the game until I read this.

zackass.png

#46 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Ok guys, thread title predictions for tonight

Garrison 4 Norris

If Sedins get retired, should burrows?

Is this jersey fake and if not what name should I get on it

New D parings

Tanev
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#47 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

yeah same watched it frame by frame edler saved that goal

looked like it was a combo of both but you could hear it hit the stick
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#48 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

ok just answer me this please, you say Schneider was solid tonight. So would you say then Lu was solid on Sun against the Blues?

schneider didn't play well and was one of the reasons we lost to dallas at home

luongo didn't play well and was one of the reason we lost to st.louis at home

schneider played great against chicago and got us a point we didn't deserve and he played solid tonight and earned us a win

schneider 5-3-1
luongo 4-0-3

people wanna talk about how schneider isn't starter material then why is he getting half the starts why isn't luongo getting more starts since his individual stats are better answer me that trolls

#49 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Ok guys, thread title predictions for tonight

Garrison 4 Norris

If Sedins get retired, should burrows?

Is this jersey fake and if not what name should I get on it

New D parings

Tanev

Gotta throw in a Luongo/Schneider thread too. Every thread seems to turn into one anyways...just look at this one

#50 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

kes had 2 assists, for people who think he doesn't pass.

Kes is my favorite player but he didn't really have his best game. He pretty much is the reason the stars got their last goal, and he really needs to pass more. He just came back and I think he will click back into his game soon enough, so I am not bashing him at all but I also don't think we should all ignore some of the mistakes he made/is making and blindly follow his so-so plays just because he is beloved player. Neither should we all start shouting for him to be traded, just take the rose-coloured glasses off and say it how it is.

Now with that said he is coming around, and he did get those assists but he's kind of still being a puck hog. He needs to use his line mates more, he's a center, he should play like one instead of trying to do everything by himself. I love the guy, I think he is the heart and soul of the team but sometimes his puck hogging is rather frustrating to watch.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#51 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUCK IT STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You beat us 4-3 in our barn? Well, we just did the same to you losers!

Beauty powerplay at the end! Way to troll those fools.

Classy.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#52 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Kes is my favorite player but he didn't really have his best game. He pretty much is the reason the stars got their last goal, and he really needs to pass more. He just came back and I think he will click back into his game soon enough, so I am not bashing him at all but I also don't think we should all ignore some of the mistakes he made/is making and blindly follow his so-so plays just because he is beloved player. Neither should we all start shouting for him to be traded, just take the rose-coloured glasses off and say it how it is.

Now with that said he is coming around, and he did get those assists but he's kind of still being a puck hog. He needs to use his line mates more, he's a center, he should play like one instead of trying to do everything by himself. I love the guy, I think he is the heart and soul of the team but sometimes his puck hogging is rather frustrating to watch.

ok so he gets a pair of assists meaning he is passing the puck to his linemates but he is still a puck hog

?????????????????

#53 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

we gotta do something with Bieksa.

I mean even our best and most reliable defensive defenseman can't cover for him.

I liked Garrison - Ballard but I thought Bieksa played better with Garrison myself.

zackass.png

#54 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I thought the D pairings were ok tonight, not as many glaring errors, but Kes was brutal. He needs to utilize his linemates more and stop doing everything himself. Im a huge kesler fan but his superman mentality is starting to annoy me. Also garrison had his best game as a canuck, and the amount of defensive miscues that bieksa makes seems like a trade off compared to his timely goals. Also I wish AV would stop messing with Kassians head and let him play with some designated linemates.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#55 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

ok so he gets a pair of assists meaning he is passing the puck to his linemates but he is still a puck hog

?????????????????

1 was a PP point and the assist he got on Garrisons goal was all Garrison.

I agree with Gilly. Kes is my favorite player too but he just does need to pass a bit more.

zackass.png

#56 Jayinblack

Jayinblack

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Well I got my tickets today to bring my son to Sundays game and I couldn't care less who's in net for us. I'll be rooting for either. We're blessed to have the best tandem in the league and folks just need to stop reading so much into every save or GA.

#57 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

I thought the D pairings were ok tonight, not as many glaring errors, but Kes was brutal. He needs to utilize his linemates more and stop doing everything himself. Im a huge kesler fan but his superman mentality is starting to annoy me. Also garrison had his best game as a canuck, and the amount of defensive miscues that bieksa makes seems like a trade off compared to his timely goals. Also I wish AV would stop messing with Kassians head and let him play with some designated linemates.

2 assists

#58 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

schneider didn't play well and was one of the reasons we lost to dallas at home

luongo didn't play well and was one of the reason we lost to st.louis at home

schneider played great against chicago and got us a point we didn't deserve and he played solid tonight and earned us a win

schneider 5-3-1
luongo 4-0-3

people wanna talk about how schneider isn't starter material then why is he getting half the starts why isn't luongo getting more starts since his individual stats are better answer me that trolls

ok if you feel Schnieder played great tonight then I am not going argue with and waste time. Just because we won, doesn't not mean the goalie had to been solid. We only got 4 because their goalie was a 3rd stringer and was worse.

your the biggest troll on here. you and smashian kassian are something else, quite funny actually.

Edited by cmpunk, 21 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#59 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

MG need to secure Tanev for a good contract!

#60 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

?????????????????

The first assist was a pp .. you have to pass on the pp, and the second one wasn't even a pass, his shot deflected to the otherside from garrison, so he gets credit for the pass.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.