The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Stars 3 - 02/21/13

Strombone1

Not really an argument worthy game for Schneider. .880 and two fairly ugly goals against. Luongo hears it for softies, not sure why Schneider fans get all whiny about it back. Our defensive zone play has been hideous. Probably would've lost with a non-thrid string goalie in net on the other team. A win is nice, but being reminded almost every night how bad we are defensively is kind of alarming.

Horrible start but decent finish. The Canucks offence is going now, Sedins are back to form and Booth was looking amazing tonight. The twins in particular showed off their skill tonight and it won us the game. They dominated on the powerplay and it's good to see them back. Burrows had a great game with the twins, minus the two stupid interference penalties, and it's been a while since he's been playing this well too.

Kesler was pretty horrible tonight, highlighted by that disgusting defensive gaff infront of his own net. Didn't create any offence either and he needs to practice that slapshot on the powerplay a bit more. Booth on the otherhand was flying, generated more offence than anyone else on this team and looked great all night long. Obviously the finish wasn't there but that will come with time, it's good to see his legs are still there and his hunger for the front of the net is stronger than anyone else on this teams. 30 goal pace if he finds his finish again.

Kassian had a pretty strong game too, his size isn't being used well though - he is great on the cycle with the Sedins because no one can get the puck off him, and needs to play this way with other linemates. Schroeder and Raymond have been consistently creating offence for this team as well and had some good looks with Booth. Nothing special from our 4th line, apart from some great defensive plays by Higgins and Weise, especially on the PK.

Our defence needed that shakeup. Ballard and Garrison looked great IMO, Garrison had the best game of his Canuck career and showed us why he needs to shoot more often. He was also sound defensively and did some great work on the PK too. Ballard didn't have a strong game but could have been a lot worse. As a pair they work well together.

Tanev didn't make any big mistakes with his new partner and Edler looked much better with Tanev - no mistakes from this pairing that resulted in a goal. Hamhuis and Bieksa on the otherhand were terrible in their own zone and their positioning was off, but Bieksa has really started getting hot lately with another great goal. He's playing a lot more physically lately and is on pace for 20 goals over a full season.

Schneider looked pretty average once again, and I'm convinced now that he's not starter material. This has been a long string of average games now, despite playing well at times he's still letting in an average of 1 or 2 bad goals per game, and quite simply 3 goals against every single game is pretty unacceptable considering we have a goalie with a 1.56 GAA sitting on the bench. Schneider needs to get on a run because right now he's getting shelled and keeping other teams in games. A couple of good saves in the 2nd period in this game, but 2 bad goals is far worse.

Tanevs a bleeping beast. I can't believe how many quality defensive plays this kid made tonight. On at least 3 occasions he bailed out his partner - which is what he's best at. And that pairing moves the puck so well, it's tape to tape and then in the offensive zone. I like it, I like it a lot. The only d-pairing not on the ice for a goal against. How many games can we say that about Edler? -- not many this yr. I want MOAR of them!!!!

Kes having an 'interesting' defensive season thus far. I'm guessing it's just timing still - cause it's very unlike him.

Schroeder and Raymond had a great night as well.

These zebras are just garbage. Every game I watch this yr, in east or west conference, looks like it's officiated by a 2 yr old with vision impairment.

Also,

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff

#Canucks lead #NHL with 13 goals from d-men. TBL 12, OTT 11, PIT 10. At other end of spectrum, COL has 1.

Schneider looked pretty average once again, and I'm convinced now that he's not starter material. This has been a long string of average games now, despite playing well at times he's still letting in an average of 1 or 2 bad goals per game, and quite simply 3 goals against every single game is pretty unacceptable considering we have a goalie with a 1.56 GAA sitting on the bench. Schneider needs to get on a run because right now he's getting shelled and keeping other teams in games. A couple of good saves in the 2nd period in this game, but 2 bad goals is far worse.

Not really an argument worthy game for Schneider. .880 and two fairly ugly goals against. Luongo hears it for softies, not sure why Schneider fans get all whiny about it back. Our defensive zone play has been hideous. Probably would've lost with a non-thrid string goalie in net on the other team. A win is nice, but being reminded almost every night how bad we are defensively is kind of alarming.

Archived