#1 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQLmcxZXsmw

Vicious knee from Taylor Hall tonight. Clutterbuck was clearly in a whole lot of pain. After Hansen got a suspension for the "love tap", and the league decided not to take action after Olver's headshot on Tarasenko (clean hit, but incidental contact to the head DID take place), any thoughts on what Hall may or may not get for this? Will the NHL "protect their stars", as we've seen, or will Hall be subject to "The Shanaban"?

Michael Russo@Russostrib
Brodziak on Hall: "First thing I did was ask the refs if it was dirty. They said yes. We just hope (Clutterbuck's) all right.
Setoguchi on Hall: "If that's not a suspension, I don't know what is."

Edited by MaximYapierre, 22 February 2013 - 12:13 AM.

/=S=/

#2 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

defiantly knee on knee, however it also looks like Hall is going in for a check via hip.

that being said:
1. reckless play by Hall.
2. point of contact is knee
3. injury on the play

i say he gets 5 games
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Small suspension. NHL only gives a damn about headshots. Should be a big one though. Can end someone's career pulling garbage like this.

#4 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Small suspension. NHL only gives a damn about headshots. Should be a big one though. Can end someone's career pulling garbage like this.

I'd say a knee is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous, to a players career than a headshot. Might be me talking out of my arse, but that's merely my opinion.

/=S=/

#5 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

He was getting rattled in the post game interviews.

Dirty. Cheap. Gutless. Reckless.

Hope Shanaban suspends someone who Actually commits an offence this time.

Subbancopy.jpg

#6 marinated.pea

marinated.pea

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Ahh sorry mods! Feel free to kill my other post :P

I thought it was ugly. At the very least interference and I think blindside could be argued. Clutterbuck did turn last minute and at that high speed I don't know if Hall could've let up but he sure seemed committed either way.
Posted Image

#7 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

I'd say a knee is just as dangerous, if not more dangerous, to a players career than a headshot. Might be me talking out of my arse, but that's merely my opinion.

Oh, i totally agree. I think they are both brutal. I just think the nhl only cares about its image when it comes to headshots/concussions.

#8 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

defiantly knee on knee, however it also looks like Hall is going in for a check via hip.

that being said:
1. reckless play by Hall.
2. point of contact is knee
3. injury on the play

i say he gets 5 games

I was going to say, if the league were to be consistent with their rulings, this would be a 4-5 game suspension.
Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#9 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I don't know if it was intentional by Hall but WOW!

Did that ever look painful! TSN is saying Clutterbuck can't put any weight on his left leg...

I also agree with the Coach of Minnesota who wondered what would happen if the 2 players reversed roles....
Hall shouldn't receive special treatment just because he is a bigger name in hockey.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#10 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's tough to say as I am not familiar with the rules on low hits. I would say that it is similar to the Marchand hit on Salo so I would assume that a 5 game suspension would do. It was clearly intentful, Clutterbuck was unsuspecting, but it may be considered a hockey play as it wasn't a hit to the head.

My person opinion is that it was a terrible hit and that 5 games should be about right. However, it makes me sick that nobody on the Wild went after Hall. If I was on the ice I would have went right after Hall to show him and the rest of the league that if you do something to injure a player there should be consequences on the ice as well as a suspension. I hope that the next time they meet, Rupp or Konopka go right after Hall as his hit has no place in the game.

#11 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,149 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

As someone who just had knee surgery, I support this statement.

Posted Image

#12 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Not nearly as bad as Bieksa's knee on knee. Bieksa should get 3-5 games. Hall's was more of a hip on knee and should get 0-2 games.

Edited by C00KIES, 22 February 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#13 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

He sounded like a huge douchebag in his post game interview. Lost respect for him even.

#14 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Taylor Hall is reckless in general. He's usually cutting through open ice with his head down, or throwing a body check with his head or watching the puck as he makes a pass. This time he hurt someone else.

Don't you find it odd that within an hour of the Hansen/Hossa incident, we heard the league requested a hearing. I can't remember the last time a hearing had been decided and requested so quickly. I mean, Giordano was playing hockey 24 hrs later when he heard he was getting hearing. Yet in this case, it's been a few hours and we've heard nothing? NHLs discipline sucks. Plain and simple.

#15 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

looked like a missed hip check. Not really "dirty".

#16 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Looked like a late hit but it was a hip check. Bad call on the ice. Nothing further but ya never know eh?
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#17 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hall's infraction, IMO, was not kneeing, it was interference... hip to femur away from the puck and very late. It was also a dirty, gutless, blatant attempt to injure another player. He deserves 3 games, minimum.

Klutterbuck is not a "star" player. Hall is a "star" player. I hope Shanahan looks at the action, and not who committed it, when considering supplementary discipline. If Klutterbuck hit Hall, what might the verdict be?

Edit: KB3's knee tonight was worse, IMO. I don't like it when my favorite Canuck does sh!t like this. Play hard, Bieksa, not dirty.

Edited by Hugemanskost, 22 February 2013 - 12:42 AM.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#18 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

This isn't much different than the hip checks we see from our boys occasionally. Difference is that Clutterbuck had his knee taken out instead, which of course wasn't done intentionally.
Posted Image

#19 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

looked like a missed hip check. Not really "dirty".

Oilers are out of the game late in the 3rd... Hall is frustrated because his team continues to suck most nights... puck is nowhere near KC... Hall hits KC (with a late hip check) who is following the puck and is defenceless...

Not really "dirty"? Really?

:blink:

Edited by Hugemanskost, 22 February 2013 - 12:43 AM.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#20 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yea definitely was a hip check but Hall totally missed it and got the knee instead, unfortunate. He will probably get a suspension for this but don't expect many games. Was also a late hit for sure as the puck was out of Clutterbuck's site. League takes everything into consideration and since Hall has a clear record, his suspension won't be as severe as someone's who has a record of dirty plays. I'd say 2-3 game suspension.

#21 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,646 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Watch Hall's knee area on impact, definitely looks like that's where it hits, but the angle is so awkward that it's like a knee-hip hybrid!

lol @ Hall's post game comments about it being bad "seeing a guy sitting on the ice like that" or whatever, lol
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#22 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hall is a punk, really one of my least favourite players around. I would love to seem go one on one with Clutterbuck and properly learn a lesson.

#23 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Reckless, late, dirty. Hall is looking at him the WHOLE time, I mean sure the puck goes into his skates but he clearly had no intention of playing it

I don't like Clutterbuck but you NEVER want that kind of hit on anyone. Yes ANYONE.

Edited by HiChui, 22 February 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#24 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

I can see how the refs called it a "knee on knee" hit in real time. When I first saw it, I thought the same thing. After I've had a chance to look at it more, it looks more like knee-femur hit. Doesn't look like Hall tried to "knee" but more just hit Clutter late. I have a feeling he'll get a game or two, but it'll be more of a "Hall... don't become Pronger" warning.

#25 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

good god guys, the puck was right on his skate 1/4 of a second prior and it appear he was kicking it to his stick. if that's what hall thought, then the body position of Clutterbuck would have been hip to hip with Hall. Instead the puck didn't come into his control and he remained with his hips square to Hall. Watch it again, this is pretty clear.

My assessment is that Hall assumed Clusterphu was taking possetion of the puck.

"you can't argue the puck was anywhere near him on that play" says the moron calling the game.

To say the puck was nowhere near is LUDICROUS. It touched him less than 1/2 a second prior and it appeared he might take possession.

Bunch of kittens around here.

Edited by c-a-n-u-c-k-s, 22 February 2013 - 01:32 AM.

i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#26 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

You could argue that the hit could be interference, as Clutterbuck didn't have the puck when he hit him, however Clutterbuck WAS attempting to play the puck with his feet a when Hall committed to the hit.

It's sad that Clutterbuck is hurt, but he's got to keep his head up, if the puck is in his vicinity and he attempts to play it (even with his feet) he's fair game for physical contact.

-Hall was coasting, not skating hard, so there's no charging

-Despite the call on the ice, Hall did not hang out a leg, that was a hipcheck.

-It's unfortunate that injury occurred on the play, but I would say the primary cause of injury would be that Clutterbuck had his head down watching the puck - unlike a blindside hit, where a player hits another player from behind - Clutterbuck would have easily seen Hall if he had kept his head up and could have braced himself for the hit.

I know it's an Oiler player that has done this, but if I set aside my bias, I would say the hit is clean. The result is terrible, but open ice hits happen, players always have to be aware who is on the ice.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#27 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

BS to the heads-up argument. With the speed + positioning + last minute twist of Hall's hip, that's an injury regardless.

#28 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,127 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

It look to me Hall hipchecked Clutterbuck on the knee. I dont think there will be a suspension

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

league after reviewing the play ..... no penalty or suspension needed clean hit haha thats probably what will happen

jannick hansen being suspended was ridiculous and it shows how much of a joke the league is, poor lil hossa retire if u cant take a bump but guess what hes practising and will play tomorrow what a absolute joke

taylor hall hit tonight was the dirtiest hit ive seen this yr total intent to injure should automatically be five games if not ten. dont worry tho hall wont have a long career some one will take his number and return the favor one of these days. He plays like lindros head down going nto the offensive zone hes gonna get destroyed one a these days. The league needs to take out the instigator rule and let players regulate them selves. Until that day we'll have rats in the league like marchant and versteeg.

#30 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

If whats his face got five with no history for the one on booth then hall should get around the same
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.