The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DISCUSSION] Taylor Hall kneeing major on Cal Clutterbuck

SkeeterHansen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQLmcxZXsmw

Vicious knee from Taylor Hall tonight. Clutterbuck was clearly in a whole lot of pain. After Hansen got a suspension for the "love tap", and the league decided not to take action after Olver's headshot on Tarasenko (clean hit, but incidental contact to the head DID take place), any thoughts on what Hall may or may not get for this? Will the NHL "protect their stars", as we've seen, or will Hall be subject to "The Shanaban"?

Michael Russo@Russostrib

Brodziak on Hall: "First thing I did was ask the refs if it was dirty. They said yes. We just hope (Clutterbuck's) all right.

Setoguchi on Hall: "If that's not a suspension, I don't know what is."

I don't know if it was intentional by Hall but WOW!

Did that ever look painful! TSN is saying Clutterbuck can't put any weight on his left leg...

I also agree with the Coach of Minnesota who wondered what would happen if the 2 players reversed roles....

Hall shouldn't receive special treatment just because he is a bigger name in hockey.

It's tough to say as I am not familiar with the rules on low hits. I would say that it is similar to the Marchand hit on Salo so I would assume that a 5 game suspension would do. It was clearly intentful, Clutterbuck was unsuspecting, but it may be considered a hockey play as it wasn't a hit to the head.

My person opinion is that it was a terrible hit and that 5 games should be about right. However, it makes me sick that nobody on the Wild went after Hall. If I was on the ice I would have went right after Hall to show him and the rest of the league that if you do something to injure a player there should be consequences on the ice as well as a suspension. I hope that the next time they meet, Rupp or Konopka go right after Hall as his hit has no place in the game.

Taylor Hall is reckless in general. He's usually cutting through open ice with his head down, or throwing a body check with his head or watching the puck as he makes a pass. This time he hurt someone else.

Don't you find it odd that within an hour of the Hansen/Hossa incident, we heard the league requested a hearing. I can't remember the last time a hearing had been decided and requested so quickly. I mean, Giordano was playing hockey 24 hrs later when he heard he was getting hearing. Yet in this case, it's been a few hours and we've heard nothing? NHLs discipline sucks. Plain and simple.

Hall's infraction, IMO, was not kneeing, it was interference... hip to femur away from the puck and very late. It was also a dirty, gutless, blatant attempt to injure another player. He deserves 3 games, minimum.

Klutterbuck is not a "star" player. Hall is a "star" player. I hope Shanahan looks at the action, and not who committed it, when considering supplementary discipline. If Klutterbuck hit Hall, what might the verdict be?

Edit: KB3's knee tonight was worse, IMO. I don't like it when my favorite Canuck does sh!t like this. Play hard, Bieksa, not dirty.

Yea definitely was a hip check but Hall totally missed it and got the knee instead, unfortunate. He will probably get a suspension for this but don't expect many games. Was also a late hit for sure as the puck was out of Clutterbuck's site. League takes everything into consideration and since Hall has a clear record, his suspension won't be as severe as someone's who has a record of dirty plays. I'd say 2-3 game suspension.

Archived