199 replies to this topic

#61 Salmon Arm Canuck

Salmon Arm Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

It would need to be a very good young player that can play in our top six to consider the deal. I can't see it happening, so....interesting thought but no.

#62 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Jensen-Kesler-Kassian
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#63 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I would trade him for the finishing piece young player in a heartbeat.

#64 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Jensen-Kesler-Kassian

Kes doesn't pass,

Jensen-Schroeder-Kassian

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#65 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)
and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC
I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kane-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

I really like this!

#66 OnlyCanucks

OnlyCanucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Obviously building young talent is important (Sedins, Kes, Schneider...) but its not as important as it used to be. Look at all the guys we've aquired through free agency or trades that are now long term parts of our team (Burr, Hamhuis, Higgins, Lapierre ...).

#67 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Are we trying to raise Best Prospect Pool Banners or Stanley Cup Banners.

I'd trade every prospect we have for winning the cup once with this core group

I guess the trick is knowing when the trade that sacrifices your future will win you the cup.

#68 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler
Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years
Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins
Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.
Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.
Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)
Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player
Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

WE should trade all our prospects because they aren't going to make a difference in 3-5 years.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#69 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

POPULAR

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Are we trying to raise Best Prospect Pool Banners or Stanley Cup Banners.

I'd trade every prospect we have for winning the cup once with this core group

pretty much every canucks fan but you gives a damn about prospects. Its how you build a lasting competetive franchise like detroit. just stacking your team doesnt guarantee a cup, it takes alot of things like luck and chemistry coming together at the right time. all it takes is for hamhuis to get injured and were screwed anyways, then you wasted the next 10 years of watching a good team for one shot at the cup. 3 years in a row a team added marion hossa and it wasnt till chicago that it actually worked. last year after the trade deadline did you think LA was going to win the cup? probably not cus they sucked all year and couldnt buy a goal. then everything fell into place for them and they absolutely dominated. we are a good enough team to win it if everything comes together at the same time. decimating your future and hoping that happens for you is a terrible move

im not opposed to adding a good player but no gm in their right mind would trade their best prospect when they have 2 really good starting goalies. think about that for a second. we have expendable assets but jensen is not one of them

#70 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Obviously building young talent is important (Sedins, Kes, Schneider...) but its not as important as it used to be. Look at all the guys we've aquired through free agency or trades that are now long term parts of our team (Burr, Hamhuis, Higgins, Lapierre ...).

Wrong! Our core players have all been drafted or brought up through our development program: Kesler, Sedins, Edler, Schneider, Burrows and Bieksa. Development is now important as ever since the cap will go down. So we should be keeping young gems like Jensen instead of trading them away and getting overpaid players like how Calgary Flames do. Chicago wouldn't be Chicago if they kept trading their young guys.

Posted Image

#71 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Word on the street says Ryan Oreily is a cancer in the dressing room

Didn't I hear somewhere he was totally pissed when they gave the C to Landeskog and that he felt that he deserved it more?

#72 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Who cares about our prospect pool, whats the point of it? so that we can float in mediocrity and 2nd round exits for the next 10 years??? those prospects are suppose to help us win a cup in 7 years, or we can trade them and they can help us win a cup now when we have legitimate top flight world class players on our team

No player, not even crosby would guarantee us a cup, Thats why you don't sacrifice future. Stanley cup aren't just won by the best team on paper, thats why its the hardest trophy to win, teams need to get hot, remain injury free, and everything needs to come together at the right time. Why mortgage future chances to win for a bit of a better shot for one year.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 23 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#73 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Didn't I hear somewhere he was totally pissed when they gave the C to Landeskog and that he felt that he deserved it more?

Not only that, they offered him the same contract that Duchene signed--you know, the guy who has been way better in every way than O'Reilly--and he told them he wanted $5mil a year or he wasn't signing.

#74 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

No player, not even crosby would guarantee us a cup, Thats why you don't sacrifice future. Stanley cup aren't just won by the best team on paper, thats why its the hardest trophy to win, teams need to get hot, remain injury free, and everything needs to come together at the right time. Why mortgage future chances to win for a bit of a better shot for one year.

It's not guaranteed they will have a better shot in the future. The window for the Canucks is as good as it's ever gonna be.

#75 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Not only that, they offered him the same contract that Duchene signed--you know, the guy who has been way better in every way than O'Reilly--and he told them he wanted $5mil a year or he wasn't signing.

Bwa ha ha ha!! What a douche! Is that what his contract dispute is about? I hope the Av's don't re-sign him.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 23 February 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#76 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

A BIG NO! You think that any of those players alone would have more points then both Booth and Raymond combined. You are giving up two depth players and a future top 6 for one player under the reasoning we need a game breaker. None of the players you listed are game breakers over the value of both Booth and Raymond combined. You are giving up team depth and futures for a player(any of the ones listed) who is only one step above or on par with Booth for point production.

You are also risking or gambling that that player will not get injured and leave the team with no scoring depth at all.

Your idea does not give the Canucks any better chances of winning a cup, but it sure the hell risks the future.

#77 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,189 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

1. I wouldn't trade Jensen. He is the best player on AIK and is a legit, imminent NHL-calibre top-6 forward. He has size, is hard to knock down, but just needs to boost his aggressiveness a bit, esp. when he doesn't have the puck on his stick.

2. Deadline deals are usually for picks, not prospects, eliminating the need to even consider trading Jensen.

9jRgxTJ.gif

#78 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

I would trade Jensen for the Stanley Cup. Anything lower is no deal.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

We've trained him for a season and a half for a reason. No to this suggestion.
Posted Image

#80 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Do you think Dallas regrets trading away Iginla?

If it's the right move, I would trade anybody.

Probably not, since it brought them their only cup.

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC
I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

I doubt it, they would probably want quality for Kane, not quantity.

zackass.png

#81 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'll trade your mom before I trade Jensen

Okay, well, no but anyone can be traded if the right deal comes a long.
Posted Image

#82 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Yeah lets not do this.

zackass.png

#83 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,397 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Problem with Jensen is he has shown enough that he is very intriguing!

He has speed, and a snipers shot, even a snipers instincts. We see highlights that make you drool, but then you note he scored what; 15 goals? A point a game over 2 seasons,about 58 each year in the OHL where guys get 100, 110 or more points in a year?

So he has not shown enough consistency that has been able to take advantage of that skill. He still needs either development or the chance to play with guys that bring out the best in his skills.

In a nutshell, his trade value, as a result, will be lower than his real potential. Odd's are we wont get enough to make it worth trading his potential!

#84 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Business is business and any trade depends on what kind of a return is offered. I wouldn't trade him just yet, but then again it all comes back to what the trade would be. He looks to be like a legit sniper and has a natural nose for the net so I doubt he will be traded any time soon. And like another poster said, why would we trade away our, ATM, top prospect (like we already did in CoHo) when we have the asset by the name of Roberto Luongo to trade and fetch a pretty good return? I don't see it happening, but then again, I didn't see the CoHo trade happening either.

I hope we keep him and at least get to see what he can do in a Nucks uniform, then go from there.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#85 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,983 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Unless we're getting an unbelievable return out of the trade, then no. Along with Kassian, Jensen is an important part of this team's future.

#86 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,445 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Nope.

#87 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Nope.

2sa1qgh.jpg

The Canucks Playoff preparation

#88 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I would wanna see what he can do before shipping him off
Posted Image

#89 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,598 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Problem with Jensen is he has shown enough that he is very intriguing!

He has speed, and a snipers shot, even a snipers instincts. We see highlights that make you drool, but then you note he scored what; 15 goals? A point a game over 2 seasons,about 58 each year in the OHL where guys get 100, 110 or more points in a year?

So he has not shown enough consistency that has been able to take advantage of that skill. He still needs either development or the chance to play with guys that bring out the best in his skills.

In a nutshell, his trade value, as a result, will be lower than his real potential. Odd's are we wont get enough to make it worth trading his potential!

I hope you're kidding here.
What you don't seem to be aware of is the fact that 17 goals puts him in the top 10 in the SEL, playing against men. All the other guys in the top 10 played for the top 5 teams in the league, and at 19 years old, he was the best young goalscorer in the SEL.

If you want to look at comparables, have a gander at what Daniel scored as a 19 year old in the SEL playing with Henrik (19 goals).

In a nutshell, you're not looking closely enough at the context in which he produced 17 goals - which was actually very impressive.

#90 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

would have to be for an age group asset. kane/oreilly/hanzal rest are a little bit older, hanzal is signed to a very good contract. Wouldnt really want Oreilly's contract or kanes attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.