The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

@/user/87702-kack-zassian/">Kack Zassian

so what do you suppose the problem is then? Continue to sit back and hope that they will get it and turn it around and become a juggernaut.

I wish the Cancuks do that. But they're always playing uninspired hockey. They lose to bottom dwellers, they lose to teams that hav e a winning record, and they feast on the weak NW division. Sure they get in the playoffs with that, but this team is never battle tested when it comes to the real dance, and they have no idea on what to do.

There's a difference between a good team and a stanley cup champion. They're stuck in the good team mode.

Please give me a coach that's available who has over 600% winning pct in the nhl and has won a cup.

Vigneault's at around 640 like said in my post earlier, but no cup. also refer to my post earlier. (: lost to the cup champs in 4/5 seasons we've made the playoffs under his tenure.

k.

AV isn't a bad coach by any means, but tonight he got out-coached by one of the league's best. Babcock and Renney dissected the Canucks defence and destroyed us after the 1st intermission.

Their powerplay completely changed it up after failing a few times and made adjustments needed to beat us down handily. This is the biggest reason we've been ousted in the playoffs - like I said AV is probably a top-10 coach in the league but better coaching staffs beat us head-to-head. Julien was far better at adjusting as they came back from being down 0-2, and Suter is simply one of the best coaches in the NHL.

If you look at wins-losses against teams with good coaches even this season, we've struggled. Our only wins come against teams with poor coaching, for example ALL of the Northwest division.

1) would u trade bozak and kadri (ur no.1 and no.3 centre) for a 33 year old starting goalie who has a 10 years left where u haft to pay him a handsome 6.7m for the 6 years alone...luongo can still backbone a franchise but lower ur asking price, ur never gonna get it.....what's wrong with asking for bozak and Biggs?

2) u ain't going far when u don't have a blueline that gels from top to bottom... One move could solve all our problems back there

3) Schroeder has played well but do want a 5'9 rookie centering your 3rd line when u wanna go deep in the playoffs....it didn't work with wellwood (size factor) and that's why mg went out and got manny

4) no there isn't for cheap but we have had this problems for a few years and he has barely made a dent in the problem...kassian is a start and he is a gem.....maybe at the end of the day u haft to pay up and except the loses for the right player

agreed av got out coached in this one.

even before the nucks gave up the lead, i was thinking lou looked slow. clasic signs of lou having a bad game were there. shot from the goal line goes in and flopping on his stomach.

the refs were bad but leaving lou in net made the bad calls kill us.

the speed line is now a distant memory.

I wouldn't even call Tanev soft...hey may not be overly physical but he plays with bravery and is tough to hit generally...I'm referring to a crease clearing type dman with some weight....a dman that can perform against the likes if sj, St. Louis, and la in a seven game series...

I'm not calling out d soft per se....well maybe I am....they are a cart of regular season dman.

I feel that mg has avoided this issue with money ball signings and too many like tools from the same box both up front and on d...

We are down to two inconsistent and injury prone second liners, and a third line centre in a small Schroeder...not to mention a non signing of salo and a huge signing in garrison, unproven in the conference, not used to our system and all the while we are supposedly claiming ourselves as a contender...

I see too many variables, the same inconsistent play as last year, cap space available and ten million in goaltending half of which wears a ball cap on any given night...

And....it's not just an 8-3 shellacking talking here....I've more or less been saying a variation of this since last February.

Although im not saying blow things up, I am open to replacing AV more than ever.

People will bring up our record as to why were fine, but i think playing in an awful division gives us a false sense of confidence.

Playoff teams we've lost to so far:

Anaheim - Blownout (although we did shut them out in the rematch)

Chicago - Totally outclassed, we were lucky to get a point.

SJ - Dominated us physically

STL - Outcoached

Det - Outcoached again

AV has shown time and time again that he doesnt know how to adjust once the oppositions coaches make an adjustment in game.

I cant count how many times i've seen him look clueless in the bench when the other team makes a comeback or erase a lead.

There is a great coach who is unemployed right now, MG would be foolish not to atleast talk to Ruff.

Archived