The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time for the Edmonton Oilers to name a new captain? And Who?

Not even a question here. Eberle all the way.

Hall is a dirty young player who has no real leadership and looks like a little lost kid at times.

RNH is a classier, more skilled player but way too young.

Eberle is a born winner and leader. Look at what he did at the World Juniors. This guy is a superstar, no longer in the making, and a clutch scorer. Give him the "C" and build around this guy. Edmonton might end up trading one of their other 3 forward young superstars, but Eberle is a winner, very similar to a more skilled version of Toews, and Edmonton would be silly not to go all out with this guy.

Heres the thing, I"ve heard some negative stuff about Eberle outside the hockey world. The stuff I here, are the stuff you will not ever ever ever hear about if it was Trevor LInden, Markus Naslund, Henrik Sedin, etc etc. I know you guys think Eberle is clutch at times, but as far as I'm concern, I woudln't give Eberle a C at this point, unless he's matured or something. Right now I would not suggest giving the C to anyone else. I believe Taylor Hall will be a better choice based on character and leading by example by playing ruthlessly, kinda like a Ryan Kesler out there.

It's gotta be Hall. Based on past resume's, Hall's two memorial cups with WIndsor are way more impressive than Eberle's 2009 world junior win (with a overly stacked team canada). To win one of the hardest trophies in sports (the memorial cup) back to back without Windsor being the host team in either of them is very very impressive.

It's gotta be Hall. Based on past resume's, Hall's two memorial cups with WIndsor are way more impressive than Eberle's 2009 world junior win (with a overly stacked team canada). To win one of the hardest trophies in sports (the memorial cup) back to back without Windsor being the host team in either of them is very very impressive.

captain should be eberle... not hall.. if its not ebs then management and the coaching staff is flawed.. hes a natural leader and clutch as anyone.. plus what good is a captain if they are gonna be gettin suspended for dirty hits and injured for long peroids of time (hall).

Well lets look at Hall's competition/teammates

2009:

Windsor notable players: Ellis, Blacker, Henrique, Watson, Wellwood, Loktionov, Hall

Rimouski: M. Bourdon, Cormier

Drummodville: Kulikov, Couturier

Kelowna: Backlund, Benn, Barrie, Myers

Windsor has the clear better roster. Kelowna is second.

2010:

Windsor: Ellis, Fowler, Henrique, Kassian, Wellwood, Hall

Moncton: Gormley, D. Savard, Kabonov, G. Bourque

Calgary: No NHL players

Brandon: Glennie, Calvert, Stone, B. Schenn, Hamonic

Windsor has even more future stars. Brandon is the only team that looks decent.

Don't get me wrong, winning back-to-back cups is definately impressive, but Windsor had stacked rosters both years.

Archived