The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I wonder if the goalie situation is an issue in the locker room as it's made out to be by the media. I don't agree that a trade has to occur to end this media hyped goalie controversy. The Oilers had the best tandem in Fuhr and Moog then Ranford and that situation took them to win it all.

Cory's the future goalie here. Lu will be traded - I think Gillis' demand in return for Lu will be less than what it's been. He needs to get him off the team. It'll be good for Cory and his continued development. He was supposed to be the No. 1 in this shortened season, but management hasn't exactly dealt with the situation that great.

I think if anything. This situation has stalled Cory's development.

I'm still hoping for FLA to give us Gudbranson for Lu and whatever else they want.

I wrote Santa and asked for a matthias 1st(4th overall nichuskin) type return for luongo or a couturier 1st type return for Schneider Raymond. Can't wait till deadline day to see what centreman falls out of my chimney:)

Lindy would put a smile on my face too.

Cory's the future goalie here. Lu will be traded - I think Gillis' demand in return for Lu will be less than what it's been. He needs to get him off the team. It'll be good for Cory and his continued development. He was supposed to be the No. 1 in this shortened season, but management hasn't exactly dealt with the situation that great.

I'm still hoping for FLA to give us Gudbranson for Lu and whatever else they want.

After much debate the end result has to be Luongo traded.

There is just too much bad history and baggage.

examples:

1) bad attitude towards team mates playing poor defence

2) stanley cup finals comments that fired up boston

3) stanley cup finals meltdown in games 3,4,6

4) bad history with fans

Cory Schneider undoubtly has the brighter future. He is better technically, is quicker and has better lateral movement.

Lets just say Schneider was traded, if there is some sort of meltdown in the playoffs or Lou lets in 6 goals then we will hear the crowd taunting, see his bad body language, and it will be a 'HERE WE GO AGAIN'.

Trading Schneids right now gets us the better deal but we have to look long term and to the internal health of our team.

If trading Louie has to wait until summer than so be it.

Sedins lose another year at a chance at the cup but we have to look long term. Trading away a cornerstone goalie to our future that has done nothing but work his but off and have a good attitude makes no sense.

And the salary cap runs the league, so if anything were to happen then we would still have flexibility.

To be honest, the better trading chips would be Edler and Raymond at this moment.

After much debate the end result has to be Luongo traded.

There is just too much bad history and baggage.

examples:

1) bad attitude towards team mates playing poor defence

2) stanley cup finals comments that fired up boston

3) stanley cup finals meltdown in games 3,4,6

4) bad history with fans

Cory Schneider undoubtly has the brighter future. He is better technically, is quicker and has better lateral movement.

Lets just say Schneider was traded, if there is some sort of meltdown in the playoffs or Lou lets in 6 goals then we will hear the crowd taunting, see his bad body language, and it will be a 'HERE WE GO AGAIN'.

Trading Schneids right now gets us the better deal but we have to look long term and to the internal health of our team.

If trading Louie has to wait until summer than so be it.

Sedins lose another year at a chance at the cup but we have to look long term. Trading away a cornerstone goalie to our future that has done nothing but work his but off and have a good attitude makes no sense.

And the salary cap runs the league, so if anything were to happen then we would still have flexibility.

To be honest, the better trading chips would be Edler and Raymond at this moment.

Archived