375 replies to this topic

#271 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Apparently the hawks wanted him too, glad we got him. Duncan Keith, here Sestito comes.

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#272 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Let him learn some things about fighting from Bieksa and Kass, then people will completely forget about Volpatti. Glad to see the potential for a serious upgrade, even if it's not immediate. Hopefully Aaron does well in WSH. I liked the guy, even if he is a bit one-dimensional for our play style.

#273 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,947 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

he looks big but not that good in fighting... looking up his fight videos.. lose alot.. and injury a few times..

#274 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Heres him fighting 3 times in one game.

#275 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

He's an average fighter, but he is young, big, hits and is very willing to fight and thats all we can ask for.

His height and size makes up for his average fighting skills, I see him more of a big agitator who will fight more than a typical goon.

If he practice fighting with Kassian or Vandermeer, we finally could have a real legit heavyweight on the team.

That's the biggest thing, he just turned 25. There's still lots of room to grow.

He's still learning what it takes to be a regular fourth liner in the league. And if he works on his fighting, he should only get better. He clearly has a willingness to do it it after all.

Sometimes players just need a fresh start too.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#276 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,149 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Next game
Kassian vs Nolan
Sestito vs Clifford
Volpatti vs... I mean Weise vs Ellerby

Pretty tough, can't wait till Pinizzotto comes up, he's a gamer like Volpatti and can win against some tough guys (ie. MacDermid)
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#277 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

That's the biggest thing, he just turned 25. There's still lots of room to grow.

He's still learning what it takes to be a regular fourth liner in the league. And if he works on his fighting, he should only get better. He clearly has a willingness to do it it after all.

Sometimes players just need a fresh start too.

Yeah im hoping for a Frazer McLaren transformation. He was preety bad at fighting in his Shark days but now he's like top 5 in the heavyweight division.

I like the size and his knack for looking for big hits.

#278 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

They picked this guy up so they didn't have put Ebbett on the roster.

Volpatti was still waived for Pinnizzotto's spot.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#279 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

They picked this guy up so they didn't have put Ebbett on the roster.

Volpatti was still waived for Pinnizzotto's spot.

Yea, I'm hoping Pinizzotto can stay healthy and make people forget about Volpatti.

He's got the heart and the hustle, and plays much bigger than his size. His only issue has obviously been staying healthy. Which you would think eventually he would get lucky and be able to play a season without injury.

Posted Image

#280 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

So you're going to dispute other people's unsupported opinions with unsupported opinions of your own? If you want to do that, be prepared to back it up, just as you'd like to to have those posters back up their claims. I've seen a number of posters who initially said he was a great fighter admit they were wrong when presented with facts, can you do the same?

And it is exactly the same, but as I pointed out people aren't going to care as much if a poster is overly positive versus one that's overly negative. You're allowed to be critical of positive posters, but don't be shocked when people are critical of you being so negative.

Lol whatever big guy. You are all that is right on CDC and I mr negativity am all that is wrong. Sorry my being so negative by saying Volpatti is the better fighter, which is actually more positive towards Patti then anything, poked you in such a bad way.

After watching his fights on YouTube I stand by what I said. Sestitos just not the greatest fighter, and in no way can be shown to be a better fighter then Volpatti. Is he bigger? Yes, is he better? Not by anything I've seen. He even hits less consistently (according to scouting reports its always been a knock, and his hits stats so far this season are not that great) and is on more then occasion borderline dirty about it as other posters have said.

#281 clynch

clynch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Can't say I'm sold on thes guy Sestito.

Yes he's big, maybe he can kill penalties, but as a fighter i don't know. Looked up on youtube and hockeyfights.com and nothing he did impressed me. Stu Bicked wipped him a couple times, and Sestito has him by 20 lbs. Kassian beat him, Sestito has height and weight. Heck, Brandon Dubinsky had a go with him and while Dubinsky just held on, Sestito couldn't pummel Dubinsky like he should.

#282 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

#283 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Best of luck to Tom (don't call me Viktor Oreskovich V2.0) Tostito.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#284 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

POPULAR

Where the hell is Understand?

I fully expected to see him jizzing all over this thread by now.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#285 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

:lol: Volpatti is not a good fighter, he is ok. Watch his fights on youtube he won mybe two and both were lucky punches. At best most of his fights were draws nothing to be impressed with.

#286 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,149 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

thats what we all thought when we got Kassian, but instead he responded by saying something along the lines of "why would we trade a franchise centre for a minor league scorer" or something like that.
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#287 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lol whatever big guy. You are all that is right on CDC and I mr negativity am all that is wrong. Sorry my being so negative by saying Volpatti is the better fighter, which is actually more positive towards Patti then anything, poked you in such a bad way.

After watching his fights on YouTube I stand by what I said. Sestitos just not the greatest fighter, and in no way can be shown to be a better fighter then Volpatti. Is he bigger? Yes, is he better? Not by anything I've seen. He even hits less consistently (according to scouting reports its always been a knock, and his hits stats so far this season are not that great) and is on more then occasion borderline dirty about it as other posters have said.

Clearly you've missed the point, after what I commented on first and what you took offence to in your reply. But that's fine, go back to arguing with the positive people because they have no backing to their statements, I'll let you "stand by what you said" about it.

Edited by elvis15, 01 March 2013 - 05:43 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#288 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Funny thing about this signing. He's gonna wear the number 29 (Aaron Rome). He's from Rome, NY. And he's injured Nathan Horton before. AV's new boyfriend.

Edited by Salo'sBomb, 01 March 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#289 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

He only appears when he's got something to bitch about.

When Gillis actually does what he wants him to, he's suddenly silent.

Edited by DeNiro, 01 March 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image

#290 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

I love Sestito, but I am going to miss Volpatti. :(
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#291 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,149 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Funny thing about this signing. He's gonna wear the number 29 (Aaron Rome). He's from Rome, NY. And he's injured Nathan Horton before. AV's new boyfriend.

and he played with Rome in Columbus/their farm team
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#292 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Sedin Sedin Sestito

heh?!

#293 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,066 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Not bad, needed some size up front.

307mg00.jpg

#294 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

If he's playing Saturday hell probably pick a fight as the new guy; with Jordan Nolan who will mop the floor with him.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#295 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

wow, picking up plugs

#296 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Lucky pickup for us. It appears he can hold his own (don't care whether he wins or loses) in fights against some heavyweights. What I like most about Sestito is that he is the first guy in to defend a teammate--regardless of the slight or opponent.

As for discipline being a concern, our locker room is bound to be different from Philly's. It's been able to tame Lappy and Burr's mouthes. I think a little bit with our guys and system, with a chance to lift the cup, might tone his spunk down a little.

Looking forward to the Kings tomorrow night :)

#297 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Sucks to lose patti but I welcome this addition. Similar players but I think sestito has a little more upside.

If av can learn to control it a bit I don't mind having a bit of a loose cannon on the team. Could be entertaining watching him smack Chicago around

#298 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Canucks would trade Raymond for Ovechkin straight up and fans would say they hate the deal because Raymond is better bang for the buck, that he knows the system, that he is less of a cap hit and on and on and on.

Pathetic really.

The Canucks NEEDED toughness and size up front, we've been asking for that for a few years and when it comes, the complainers complain ever more.

#299 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

wow, picking up plugs

Yea, why isn't Gillis picking up all the top 6 forwards on waivers? Oh wait...

Some Canucks fans will complain about anything.

Edited by DeNiro, 01 March 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#300 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

:sick: Terrible pick up.

wow i love the in depth analysis. you give many clear points based on facts and.... why bother.

hmmm, i call bs on Gillis. He wouldn't put Volpatti on waivers if he didn't know/care about the results for Kesler's ct scan. Seems like he's just trying to make up an excuse for himself.

Kesler has had many tests by the medical staff, as he has been playing for the last few games with the injury. This could lead one MG to believe that Kesler is fine and nothing to serious from the CT scan. he was wrong and now they live with it. he still needed a spot for Pin cushion so it is a moot point.

The most important thing is that he can hit anyone, and not be afraid to back it up. Whether or not he dominates fights is irrelevant, it's the willingness to get in the other teams faces that's important.

And what exactly has our fourth line been doing lately? No big hits, no fights, no emotion. It's time to switch it up. Get Sestito and Pinnizzoto in there. At least they'll play like they're hungry for it.

Preach brother. it will be a welcome sight next game.

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.