The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sharks @ Canucks | Mar 5.13 | 7PM | SNET-P

allons-y

Great decisions by Av again. Lets put a defenseman who hasn't scored in about 7 attempts in the shootout, and a player that's never even taken a shootout attempt. Great choice.

Oh and leaving Edler on the powerplay despite not being able to one time it or hit the net. Another great move.

Elder is the biggest sucker tonight again. Mistakes after mistakes defensively, then decided to kill all the time on a 4-3 PP when he has a clear look at the net, then fails in the SO as usual.

Maybe AV should be blamed, why keep using such a useless player?????

Elder is the biggest sucker tonight again. Mistakes after mistakes defensively, then decided to kill all the time on a 4-3 PP when he has a clear look at the net, then fails in the SO as usual.

Maybe AV should be blamed, why keep using such a useless player?????

Lets face it, you blame players for playing poorly, but it's the coach who decides who plays in certain situations.

AV is costing us wins in more ways than one right now.

I haven't blamed the coach that much in the past, but I've had enough. This team is better than this coach is letting them be right now.

I'm not saying fire him yet. But he should be on a shorter leash this season. If this play continues until the trade deadline, I think it's time for MG to make a move on a new coach.

I hate shootouts! The Canucks have been bad at them since 2005. You'd think at some point during that 7 year period they would have addressed the problem... Burrows shootout percentage makes him seem better than he really is I think. His move(s) is/are too one-dimensional. Other than his forehand backhand deke, he doesn't have a whole lot. He had a very high percentage when that move was going, and now that goalies expect it, his success rate is rapidly dropping.

The second half of the game we played really well. Still can't believe we blew that lead in the shootout though. I took it pretty hard.

I for one am hoping for a trade now that can help us on PP. Not wait around and look how it goes. We need to get back on track and hunting again. Tight game where we were not far off. Not much that needs to change, but I don't see this group turning things around completely and start winning non-stop again. We need help on offense, everyone can see that.

If nothing else Newell Brown should have been fired several weeks ago. The powerplay has been slumping all year. The 'umbrella' formation needs to be changed up - keeps all PP chances to the perimeter and we're not getting enough traffic when set up like that to justify the amount of outside shots.

Lets face it, you blame players for playing poorly, but it's the coach who decides who plays in certain situations.

AV is costing us wins in more ways than one right now.

I haven't blamed the coach that much in the past, but I've had enough. This team is better than this coach is letting them be right now.

I'm not saying fire him yet. But he should be on a shorter leash this season. If this play continues until the trade deadline, I think it's time for MG to make a move on a new coach.

Archived