The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

av post game comments

deized_kanuck604

I've been somewhat of an AV supporter but I'm having a hard time believing him this year - really Ballard benched again? because he's playing too well? come on...

on the video - you definitly should be angry but those calls rarely happen unless the player goes down - tanev usually just bounces right back up regardless ...

Good to c av show some emotion even though it cost us the game

Althought I think referring was fair last night... they didn't call some against us in the third that they should have. I think he's frustrated with overall referimg BS that's gone on in previous games.

“That penalty that was given to me in the third period, all I did was stand on the bench and say, 'That's an elbow,' “ a seething Vigneault said shortly after referee Kelly Sutherland's bench minor call played an instrumental role in the Flames' win.

“The same accountability that is demanded of players and coaches is demanded of referees and that's not acceptable. There's no way we should lose this game on a call like that.”

Vigneault was asked if he'd been warned by Sutherland before the minor was assessed midway through the third period.

“Not one g-damn word. Nothing. I didn't use the f-word. I stood on the bench for .5 seconds and I said, 'That's an elbow.' And that's how I got two minutes and that's how they scored the goal. I'm done here.”

i don't think that penalty cost them the game....their lack of scoring did that...booth looked so good but can't find his scoring touch.

if AV felt ballard was going good right now, he'ld be playing....i trust AV's hockey knowledge.....

I've been somewhat of an AV supporter but I'm having a hard time believing him this year - really Ballard benched again? because he's playing too well? come on...

on the video - you definitly should be angry but those calls rarely happen unless the player goes down - tanev usually just bounces right back up regardless ...

AV knows the heat's on.

Watch him all of a sudden start showing passion on the bench and sticking up for his players.

Watch him start making the correct line combinations.

That will buy him more time. And you know what, if he improves his coaching as a result of the heat, that's fine by me. All I care about results. (Stanley Cup)

you know what i think last night game was bull crap, i think we out played them but got no reward, if i was AV i would have done the same thing. We were in calgary territory all game and we could not put the puck in, when all calgary had to do is take an ugly wrist shot to score.

AV is one of the calmest coaches I have seen. Rarely does he display anything resembling disrespect.

Stating it is an elbow is completely acceptable.It is a statement and a fact and not a complaint.

Imagine the words that Tortarella uses or any number of other coaches in this league?

Bench minor was BS. The reffing has to have higher standards and they have to implement some system where they become more accountable for THEIR actions.

Archived