The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard fine with role.

UFCanuck

The problem seems to be too many left side "D" in front of him.

Then, once Bieksa goes down, Tanev moves up, and who is there to fill the RH D spot?

If Ballard can't move up the depth chart on the left side, and he cannot switch to fill in the 2nd/3rd RH D spot, he cannot hold down a $4m D spot (IMO).

I like Ballard a lot but it seems to me that, for everybody's sake (including the team that gets him), he should be traded or part of a larger trade.

That said, I think Ballard will try to work on AV's suggestions and keep trying to move up the depth chart; he is, after all, a good team-mate, talented player and a good guy.

As for the part I bolded, are you serious? Examples to the contrary could fill a book, but let's start with a few off the top of my head: Hossa to Chicago, Ehrhoff to Buffalo, Hodgson -- though a trade -- to Buffalo, Parise to Minnesota, Suter to Minnesota, Samuelsson to Vancouver ("they offered the most money"), (basketball) Joe Johnson from Phoenix to Atlanta, Amare Stoudamire from the same team to New York, Carmelo Anthony -- through forced trade -- from Denver to New York, and on and on.

Man, hard not like the KBall, even though I've been a fan of his since he joined. The guy is hilarious, and takes it all in stride.

He's been underutilized and misused and underappreciated. GLad to see he can still have a positive attitude through it all.

With all due respect, what does anyone really expect him to say? I am sure saying publicly he is not happy with a limited role would really endear him to AV. Sounds like a great team guy - but also one who has had his confidence in his own game and ability completely destroyed.

This is the type of character statement Ballard made last year.

He handles criticisim very well - he acknowledges when he's not on top of his game - and he shuts down any rumours that he may not want to be here.

I think he's been a great team guy and I hope he enjoys a lot of success - his attitude and hard work warrant it.

This is the type of character statement Ballard made last year.

He handles criticisim very well - he acknowledges when he's not on top of his game - and he shuts down any rumours that he may not want to be here.

I think he's been a great team guy and I hope he enjoys a lot of success - his attitude and hard work warrant it.

Ballard I think would be better playing on the left wing, 3rd or even 2nd line! He is one of the fastest skaters on the team. Is a good if not great passer. He also has no problem taking the body, which is great for forchecking! I say give him a few games at left wing!

Archived