The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I agree with pretty much all of this. I can live with letting higgy go. As for the lappy situation, he's not doing anything noticeable. He's not scoring he's not creating chances he's not hitting he is holding his own in the dot. Booth and kassian on the other hard are contributing in places other than the score sheet. They've both been creating chances and have been our most physical forwards as of late.

"Canucks are not 100% sold that Cory Schneider is ready to take over as the number one goaltender based on his play this season. Will likely keep both Luongo and Schneider until the summer and then reevaluate based on what happens in the playoffs. Most rival NHL GM's believe Vancouver will keep both goaltenders until the summer."

This part makes me laugh the hardest.

Canucks have absolutely no doubt that Schneider is ready to be #1.

TSN keeps reducing itself from news source to spewer of cheap opinions - and if anyone is unfit to speak for the Canucks, it would be Nonis' cousin.

The Canucks are not 100% sold on playing one goaltender 48 times in 3 months, simple as that.

Which means they'd have to waste asset value on a backup, which also complicates any deal - and they have Eddie Lack, who is injured, but by all accounts in line for that job next year.

TSN shouldn't be so simplistic.

Lets get Boyle out of NYR! big body, 3rd line center, has a bit of offesive upside and having a terrible year so im guessing we could get him on the cheap. The rangers are obviously panicking if they make moves like picking up hamerlick and that contract of his.

id like to see schneider start 12 of the next 14 games. see how he handles legit #1 playing time, let him get in a groove, allow him to rest on back to backs? May or may not hurt Luos value but This is the time to see what schneider can do, if he succeeds like many of us think he can then its all but certain we should trade Luo.

if he doesnt do well, then we may have a legit concern if he cant handle that kind of workload. Because come playoffs your #1 is going to play every single game, so whoevers on the bench shouldnt see much if any playing time in the playoffs

I think the biggest need is honestly a RHD. Sure we need a 3C, I just don't get why Schroeder is not there right now... I know it's not ideal but its not like he's a defensive liability. Maybe its his faceoff's?? If he gets better there? I think RHD is on the top personally.

This team needs a serious shake-up if it assumes to achieve anything in the playoffs.... if it even MAKES the playoffs.

Currently 2 points out of 10th place

They were playing well to start off with, then Kesler came back and for some reason the wheels completely fell off.

It's too bad we have a number of guys with big cap hits who really shouldn't be here. Namely, Ballard and Booth.

Ballard is actually worth what he's making, just doesn't fit into AV's retarded passive robotic system... and Booth, well, that was a big fail. He's done nothing to impact or improve the team since arriving and I don't see it happening any time soon.

If Gillis sits on his hands this year and doesn't do SOMETHING to improve this team he should be fired. It's that simple. The window is closing on this group quickly now. The Sedins have been here for over 10 years for Chissakes!

Shakeup required badly.

Archived