The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The teams mentality is the problem.

dangler696969

It's always a loss because theo other team "deserves credit" and "fought real hard"...AV's classic responses to a loss.

And Henrik it's always "when we play our game, we are tought to beat" Really Hank?! What game is that, precisely. "we played good enough to win" (but lost) "if we keep playing like we can, we're hard to beat". yea right.

I loved Bruce Budreau after the first period against Calgary tonight.. They had the lead but teh reporter asked what more he needed from his team I paraphrase..."more of everything. We wer brutal out there. Out shot, out hustleed, out hit. Without our goalie it would be 5-1 for them. These guys better start playing a lot harder."

Honest and blunt! No platitudes and BS. How refershing.

BuretoMogilny, your error #2 is the main reason why I value Jannik Hansen so much. Game 7 he was the ONLY Canuck who gave a damn. He played fearless and hard and made the rest of his team look like the pansies they are. Dude is the heart of the team.

It's always the same crap.

We won't make a trade to get what we need. How about overpaying for a bona fide #1 d-man ... Or make a bold move and get a sniper instead of trying to play money ball and get a project that might work out.

Recent history: LA; huge trades before they won - Richards, Carter. That put them over the top to win.

We never make huge trades, just try FA and trade for junk.

I say give up the future and go for it. If we suck later but get a cup now I think we would all be ok with that...

I have nothing against coach V but I think the problem lies therein, I think he has lost the ability to inspire, energize, motivate his players. The whole league watched us in the Scf and has learned the team strategies used and how to neutralize our threats. Coach V has not learned or developed ways to adapt to other teams strategies, other than to make lineup changes way to often. Other than a few player personnel additions to fill gaps I think they need to send aV back to coaching school or look for someone who can adapt effectively. Yes he did coach us to b2b prez trophies but that doesn't cut it in the long run and you can only lean on that for your employment for so long, the canucks may be 3rd in the conference but there are three teams in our division close on our heels.

Booth is an absolutely horrible fit for this team and needs to go asap. The Sedins also need to be on the chopping block because they have had more than enough time to show what they can do ( think playoffs) and also little b!tches who can't fight for themselves are a detriment to any team. Trade them while their stock is still relatively high, although I'm sure other teams are just as aware of their meek performance. It matters not what stats you post during the regular season anymore if you disappear come play-off time.They are not champions and will NEVER lead the Canucks to a SC, neither will Luongo or AV. Big changes needed for this team. Hopefully, management has the balls to make some BIG moves soon. No more trades with Florida either...does it make sense to take all the players from a bottom-feeder team?

It seems like ever since the Canucks lost to Boston in the SCF they have been a different team. Even last year when they were Presidents trophy winners, they rarely impressed and kind of just coasted through the season into the playoffs. We all know how that turned out...

I truly think that the stanley cup final messed with their heads. I'm talking about Bieksa, Burrows, the Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Hamhuis and most of all AV. We all hoped that after they lost in the final that they would bounce back even better then before, but that idea is quickly fading. If anything, the drive for hockey vanished that fateful day, and they realized that there are better and more important things than hockey, like wives, kids, vacation houses, private yachts, etc. And then of course we have Jesus boy David Booth sitting in the corner preaching that hockey is just a small part of his life and that the fans don't understand, and oh yeah how much he loves God and Jesus.

That brings me to AV. You can totally see that AV has lost the room. He made all of his core players way too comfortable with their jobs and status on the team. The entire core got complacent and since getting huge contracts and wives and kids they have lost their emotions that made them such an exciting team in the years leading up to 2012. AV needs to go so a new coach can come in and actually threaten some jobs that AV wouldn't have the guts to do. Im talking about you Edler.

It's always a loss because theo other team "deserves credit" and "fought real hard"...AV's classic responses to a loss.

And Henrik it's always "when we play our game, we are tought to beat" Really Hank?! What game is that, precisely. "we played good enough to win" (but lost) "if we keep playing like we can, we're hard to beat". yea right.

I loved Bruce Budreau after the first period against Calgary tonight.. They had the lead but teh reporter asked what more he needed from his team I paraphrase..."more of everything. We wer brutal out there. Out shot, out hustleed, out hit. Without our goalie it would be 5-1 for them. These guys better start playing a lot harder."

Honest and blunt! No platitudes and BS. How refershing.

This exactly had been the problem I foresaw before they even played a game in 2011-12. Gillis stood pact with the same roster and coaching staff, banking on them to be motivated to stand and deliver.

Even if they were so motivated, standing pact wouldn't have been enough anymore, because their rivals pulled all stops to get better. They took no chances, while Vancouver stood by lacklustre. I felt I could see the writing on the wall before anyone else, because the same team that won the Presidents' Trophy and later made the Finals couldn't do the same with the same lineup. And with Hodgson's trade, I was like, it's over now. Defeat was inevitable.

That's why I had been campaigning for Gillis' removal as GM. Just like BC Conservative leader John Cummins, he has jump-started the Canucks, but the team has gone as far is it could under his leadership. They need a new GM that will raise the character on the team, keep them focused, and put the fans on the same page while he's at it (doing a better job sticking up for deserving players before angry fans). That GM, as I said before is #16, Trevor LInden.

i get the feeling this team is layin off.

what i cant seem to understand is the breakup of the speed line. ever since it was recognized as a great combination av refuses to put these players on the ice together. it seems their lines are not even involved in changes on the fly. otherwise these players may end up on the ice for short periods. this line did not need much time to generate offence.

dont get me wrong i think higgins is playing better on that line. but his natural speed matches booth much better. it would seem to me, that it would only make sence to have booth and higgins form the core of a line. so that when kess comes back, he will have a natural spot to occupy.

i have no idea why a team might put the wrong combinations on the ice on purpose. thats what it looks like to me.

I hope this team isn't thinking they'lll turn it on come playoff time as we saw last year that simply doesn't happen. I agree this team is wayy to complecent..i truely believe it starts from the coaches down and a major shakeup is needed. I don't see this team going anywhere as things stand.

IMHO the victim mentality is a function of the behavior of the team's management and players which, in turn, directly affects the fanbase. Since most loyal fans follow the lead of the GM, coach and team leaders when they do things like call a presser to complain about not having a "level playing field" after three consecutive playoff losses most loyal fans take what he says as gospel and assume a similar attitude. When a player like Burr accuses a ref of gunning for him most loyal fans believe him and therefore "the refs are out to get us". With a fanbase as large and loyal as the Canucks such behavior can result in real problems such as the aftermath to the SCF. Even Roger Nielson, God bless him, is remembered here mostly for his towel waving episode rather than for the many innovations he came up with in the game during his stellar career. This attitude helps contribute to an undercurrent of a sense of us being hard done by by the powers that be. Taking it further some people develop insane conspiracy theories to support this claim of bias. I mean, think about it; does anybody REALLY think that a Stanley Cup win for Vancouver WOULDN'T be considered a wonderful thing by the NHL, especially since it would be in a market where hockey is easily the #1 sport in town (and in the country)? My take on it is that Bettman and co. would be as pleased as punch, as would most of the media. It would be a great story.

This exactly had been the problem I foresaw before they even played a game in 2011-12. Gillis stood pact with the same roster and coaching staff, banking on them to be motivated to stand and deliver.

Even if they were so motivated, standing pact wouldn't have been enough anymore, because their rivals pulled all stops to get better. They took no chances, while Vancouver stood by lacklustre. I felt I could see the writing on the wall before anyone else, because the same team that won the Presidents' Trophy and later made the Finals couldn't do the same with the same lineup. And with Hodgson's trade, I was like, it's over now. Defeat was inevitable.

That's why I had been campaigning for Gillis' removal as GM. Just like BC Conservative leader John Cummins, he has jump-started the Canucks, but the team has gone as far is it could under his leadership. They need a new GM that will raise the character on the team, keep them focused, and put the fans on the same page while he's at it (doing a better job sticking up for deserving players before angry fans). That GM, as I said before is #16, Trevor LInden.

Chicago goes 24 games without regulation loss, lose Patrick Kane, immediately lose 6-2 to a bottom feeder.

Canucks have no Kesler or Booth all season, and Bieksa is gone for half, have a mediocre rating.

Some Canucks fans are mouth breathers.

Archived