The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What can AV even do with this team?

Sixteen W's

The meaning is this - Teams are not always as great as they appear... Just as Teams are not always as bad as they appear, what fans fail to recognize is that the parity is this league is higher than its ever been and the line that divides a team winning vs a team losing is smaller than its ever been.

In otherwords... don't stress things sit back watch the games and enjoy (or don't) but let the people who know hockey and are paid to be at the helm do what they do. Constant fans and media whining and complaining that things aren't how they expect them to be is not just tiresome its futile.

unless we win the cup this year AV will be a goner ,and If i were mike and i was given a great package for kesler id trade em in a second .. i dont think hes done like some people on this board say . I just dont think hes great in the room .. and i hate the diving .. it gives our team a bad reputation .

Funny how back in 06-07 when AV became the Canucks coach he was given the Jack Adams award for being the so called best coach, even though it was the first year Luongo was here, and played one of his best years ever. The Canucks back then were not as solid as they are today, so there wasn't big expectations so everyone figured AV was this great coach and deserved the Jack Adams.

Funny how he is kinda in the same situation this year, the team isn't as solid as it was last year, with injuries, and he's not getting the goaltending to bail him out like he did in 06-07. Without the goaltending like Luongo was in 06-07 AV is useless, and it's defintially showing now. If the goaltending was as sharp as Luongo was back in 06-07 everyone would be bowing down to AV and still saying how good of a coach he is, but goaltending isn't bailing him out and he can't do anything else because he sucks.

When you play in a division where you are the ONLY team who makes the playoffs, I think it might be a tad overrated......

The point is, who cares if it does not translate to postseason success? Not me. Winning the regular season means jack squat except for fans who know in the back of their minds that this team is not an elite one and is not competitive come playoff time.

Guest Gumballthechewy

That's why I laugh when I see comments like "WHY DOESN"T MG GET A TOP LINE SCORER."

Most teams aren't looking to trade away good players, without getting something equally good or better in return.

What is not dramatic about us losing practically each 1st and 2nd round pick for the last 7 years?

7 FREAKING YEARS. Not one 1st or 2nd round pick has worked out for us. That is absolutely appalling. The jury is still out on Jensen, and Gaunce has alot of development to do.

Even the players he has traded our draft picks for haven't worked out (Ballard). We need to face the facts, that Gillis, and to an equal extent AV, has absolutely demolished our prospects situation.

A tad dramatic? I think we have every right to be dramatic about this situation. Especially when he preached development and the importance of these young players.

Blaming AV for the nucks problems is assinine...he does what most successful coaches do...get the players to play to the best level they can with the line up he has...you can't blame the coach every time a team plays poorly...he has obviously motivated them for years...with a lot of success....but in one short year..."he lost the team">..hahahahahha...what a joke...he's better than anything out there at the moment...no team but Chicago is doing anything

It's AV's job to find a way to create some urgency. The players should already be motivated, and we know MG won't make a trade to get them going.

I agree though, I don't get excited on breakaways anymore. Hell, I don't get excited at all anymore. The team is just not fun to watch when they don't give it their all.

Archived