The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Booth either getting bought out or traded

florida interested in raymond?

Id like mueller coming back he can play 3rd line center, not ideal but could work well with hansen and higgins

could we get mueller and versteeg? Surprised Tallon would trade him tho, considering their connection from Chicago, I would have thought they would move fleischmann first over versteeg.

I would like Vancouver to get some form of return for a player like Booth as opposed to him being bought out. He had minimal success in Florida but has been very in-effective since being in Vancouver. I am not a fan of his and for what he brings his contract is ludicrous.

From what I am hearing here Versteeg to Vancouver would be a different deal, I would think the price for him would be substantial indeed.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Stastny - Versteeg

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - (?)

Booth and Ballard gone. That's a cup winning line-up if you ask me. Get Stastny and Versteeg please.

On TSN radio right now, Bob McKenzie talking about Booth. Suggesting he'll be traded so the Canucks will bring I'm Versteeg - if no one will take him he's apparently candidate for an amnesty buyout.

Update: Forgot one thing - Bobby Mac also said that the Canucks are willing to move any picks in the draft, and only the top prospects are untouchable

Will post a recording/source later if I can, but I'm not the only one who heard it - @Taj1944 is live tweeting it at the moment

^^^ Are you drooling?

Versteeg will cost a good prospect and a 2nd minimum IMO. I'm not sold on it as a move but he has sure grown into some consistency. He's not a bad option.

Saying that, this would need to be one of about 4 moves for the team as it's lateral for our needs.

No way Booth is bought out either. He's still a useful chip for another team if his time here is over.

- TOP PROSPECTS?!?! AHAHAHAHAHA THE IDIOT NAMED GILLIS -- WHO ALL OF YOU SAID WAS A GENIUS UP UNTIL JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO -- TRADED ALL THE CANUCKS' TOP PROSPECTS AWAY!!

- GETTING RID OF ONE ONE CRAP FLORIDA PLAYER FOR ANOTHER CRAP FLORIDA PLAYER?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOW'S THAT HODGSON/KASSIAN TRADE WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW'S GETTING RID OF GRABNER WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW'S LETTING SALO AND EHRHOFF WALK WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW'S LETTING IMPACT GUYS LIKE MITCHELL AND TORRES WALK, GILLIS?

HOW'S THAT GARRISON SIGNING WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW ARE MOST OF THE GUYS THAT YOU'VE CHOSEN TO KEEP AROUND PERFORMING, GILLIS -- EG, LAPIERRE, WEISS, BOOTH, RAYMOND, KASSIAN, SCHROEDER, ETC.?

HOW'S YOUR GREAT SCOUTING AND DRAFTING WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

THIS IDIOT WHO NEARLY EVERY ONE OF YOU COMMENDED NON-STOP UNTIL AS RECENTLY AS LAST MONTH HAS BEEN SLOWLY F***ING DESTROYING THIS TEAM HIS ENTIRE TENURE AS GM. AND IT'S SOOOOOOOO HILARIOUS THAT YOU'RE ALL JUST REALIZING THIS NOW. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BE PREPARED TO SAY HELLO TO YOUR VANCOUVER BLUE JACKETS FOR YEARS TO COME, PEOPLE!!

- TOP PROSPECTS?!?! AHAHAHAHAHA THE IDIOT NAMED GILLIS -- WHO ALL OF YOU SAID WAS A GENIUS UP UNTIL JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO -- TRADED ALL THE CANUCKS' TOP PROSPECTS AWAY!!

- GETTING RID OF ONE ONE CRAP FLORIDA PLAYER FOR ANOTHER CRAP FLORIDA PLAYER?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOW'S THAT HODGSON/KASSIAN TRADE WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW'S GETTING RID OF GRABNER WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW'S LETTING SALO AND EHRHOFF WALK WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW'S LETTING IMPACT GUYS LIKE MITCHELL AND TORRES WALK, GILLIS?

HOW'S THAT GARRISON SIGNING WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

HOW ARE MOST OF THE GUYS THAT YOU'VE CHOSEN TO KEEP AROUND PERFORMING, GILLIS -- EG, LAPIERRE, WEISS, BOOTH, RAYMOND, KASSIAN, SCHROEDER, ETC.?

HOW'S YOUR GREAT SCOUTING AND DRAFTING WORKING OUT, GILLIS?

THIS IDIOT WHO NEARLY EVERY ONE OF YOU COMMENDED NON-STOP UNTIL AS RECENTLY AS LAST MONTH HAS BEEN SLOWLY F***ING DESTROYING THIS TEAM HIS ENTIRE TENURE AS GM. AND IT'S SOOOOOOOO HILARIOUS THAT YOU'RE ALL JUST REALIZING THIS NOW. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BE PREPARED TO SAY HELLO TO YOUR VANCOUVER BLUE JACKETS FOR YEARS TO COME, PEOPLE!!

Booth gets traded for a pick, Lu for Campbell and Versteeg (alot of salary tied into two players but both very useful in the playoffs. Edler traded for a good top 6 forward, probably from Phili. Matt Read, Max Talbot, and Boucher/Leighton? Briere would be preferable if he somehow manages to change his mind about moving.

Sedins-Burr

Raymond-Kesler-Read

Higgins-Talbot-Versteeg/Hansen

Sestito/Weise-Lappy-Hansen/Versteeg

Hammer-Bieksa

Garrison-Campbell

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts Barker

Schneids

Leighton/Boucher

Looks good to me!

Oh, and before you all jump in on this, we obviously have to include something else going to Phili with Edler. Any suggestions?

Luongo for Versteeg and Campbell

Sauve and Florida's 3rd for Jagr

Booth, Ballard, 2014 1st or 2nd for Stastny

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr

Stastny - Kesler - Versteeg

Burrows - Raymond - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Campbell

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Schneider

Not sure if that's cap friendly but hoollllyyyyyyyy is that team stacked