The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pinizzotto Activated on Thursday

Edler's Mind Tricks

Get him into the lineup ASAP and let him play his way back to comfort. Forget about an AHL conditioning stint, we need him to build his game back up in the NHL. He was hands-down our best player at preseason a couple of seasons ago with some amazing passes, great skating and even a good shot, not to mention his hitting and fighting. This guy is probably one of the most complete players the Canucks have and he'll surprise everyone if he plays to the standard he was 2 years ago.

Start him off on the 4th line and eventually swap him with Lapierre for the 3rd line role. He can kill penalties and play an effective 10-14 minutes per game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

Weise - Pinizotto - Hansen

Then come playoff time:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Pinizotto - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Weise/Sestito

Calling an average AHLer an average AHLer is a pompous D-bag like comment?

I didn't know I had to blindly accept and be satisfied with every move this organization makes.

And for the record, my issue is with a decision the team made. I don't agree with sending Schroeder down for a 4th line enhancement. But when you make a comment like that "ESL?", it tells me a lot about your character. Pompous. Arrogant. And you look down on foreign students or immigrants and feel you are better?

You sound like someone I would really try and not associate with in real life.

Pinnizzotto; 24 games; 4 goals, 8 assists; 29 mins. penalties; (minus 5). I don't know how anyone can expect much from that.

- I'd rather have seen Andrew Gordon (15 goals in 45 games) but I doubt either will be as "good" as Volpatti.

It's only incompetence by MG that Volpatti isn't here; instead of waiting a couple hours to see what the report on Kesler would be, management put V. on waivers before they knew. (That at least was what I heard.)

Guess we'll get to see what he can bring sooner rather than later!

Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that the Canucks have recalled right wing Steven Pinizzotto from a conditioning assignment with the AHL Chicago Wolves.

Pinizzotto registered 12 points (4-8-12) and 29 penalty minutes in 24 games with the Wolves this season.

The Mississauga, ON, native spent the 2010.11 season with the Washington Capital’s AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears where he collected 42 points (17-25-42) and 178 penalty minutes in 68 games, finishing that regular season with the team’s best plus/minus at plus-40.

Pinizzotto was originally signed by Vancouver as a free agent July 3, 2011.

schroeder has 72 pts and +28 in the same number of games (2010/11-2011/12). the difference? schroeder is a 1st round pick who's supposed to be in the top 6, whereas pinnizotto's role in the nhl is as a physical depth forward.

pretty telling, actually.

I thought he was really impressive in training camp two seasons ago,and basically earned a spot on the team ..very noticeable with his hitting,stirring it up etc.

What I'd like to know is, who's going to press box when Pinnizotto gets in the lineup?

Folks who don't care about fourth liners or the potential to improve the fourth line are pretentious hockey fans imo.

'Oh, mere Pinizzotto... wake me up when we land a top 6....'

If he performs and produces like Chris Neil I doubt folks will be feigning disinterest.

Archived