196 replies to this topic

#91 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Did we watch the same game? Who dominated who?

Did you watch the 2nd period i probably should of said that in my previous post and we got the game back in the last 5 minutes not domination but got it back and won the game

#92 Canucks17_33_22

Canucks17_33_22

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Great game by Schneider - its about time to start winning some games and get our division lead back!

#93 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Im starting to become a fan of Sestito... he's been great ever since the waiver pickup, always look for the big hits and takes on the heavyweights without getting humiliated. lol

#94 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

No AV is coaching the style they play from period to period though

The same style that brought back to back presidents trophy's and a trip to the Cup Finals.
Of course it had nothing to do with the players themselves putting out less of an effort or not able to because they played lastnight.

#95 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

exactly this game was good for the canucks it showed how they can dominate a team and a defensive team too so great signs going forward can't wait to see them play phoenix nothing against Luongo but i hope Schneider is starting he was the reason we won this to be honest

Cory did win us this game.

We played about 20-30 minutes tonight, St.Louis played just aswell as us, although we go the better chances and better goaltending.

There are positives though so we just need to build off this.

my point is that this game should not get any one's hopes up. they did the same thing against nashville, and then played like crap the last 2 games.

Gotta show some consistency. There are only 19 games remaining. They need to play ALOT better.

Yeah but lets build on this, there are positives and this was a huge win.

Plus getting Kesler back will made this team alot better than they are right now, that and adding another center.

zackass.png

#96 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Schneider kept us in it for the 1st. Sedins looked great. Some of our secondary scorers stepped up.... definitely didn't like how we sat back in the 3rd, but somewhat understandable after the 4th game in 6 days. They were probably pretty tired.

Let's take the win and keep it going!

#97 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Did you watch the 2nd period i probably should of said that in my previous post and we got the game back in the last 5 minutes not domination but got it back and won the game

it's CDC you have to be clear on exactly what you mean or people always assume you mean something else or that you have an IQ of 36 .... i also thought the nucks totally dominated (in the second) CS totally dominated in the 1st....
lets see what next game brings.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#98 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,627 posts

Blues, one of the few teams im not worried about in the playoffs.

No kidding. If the Canucks continue to only play for 1 period per game, they wont have to worry about seeing any team in the playoffs.

#99 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

You guys complain when we win, complain when we lose.

Maybe you just complain bc you like to whine

They WON

OTHER THAN 2 LUCKY BOUNCES WE WOULD HAVE HAD A SHUTOUT

Sounds like we're heading in the right direction

No go ask mommy for your soother

#100 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,434 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Some people just need something to complain about win or lose.

Hopefully we get on a roll, so these negative nancy's go back into the shadows.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#101 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

What a performance by Schneider. That's the goaltending this team has been missing. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Schroeder with 18 TOI. But..... but.... Av hates rookies.... Av hates Schroeder. He earned his TOI tonight, and got it. Awesome, cause he was great out there. When he skates, he flys like the wind.

Sedins looked absolutely criminal out there. That Hank pass on the 2nd goal was criminal. Man I could watch those guys play all night.

Hope Kass is OK, same with little Tanman who seems to be taking a puck per game.

#102 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

If it wasn't for Cory this thing wouldn't have been close. On another note, what in the hell is wrong with Edler, i keep waiting for him to wake out of his coma but it never happens? Again tonight he's just clueless around his own net, -1 and just plain fugly!

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#103 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,434 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

POPULAR

They WON

It's like they see the level of positivity getting too high, so they take it upon themselves to try and bring everyone down.

Almost like they want the team to lose so they can complain some more.

I prefer to enjoy a win, and then move on to the next game, rather than complain about everything they did wrong.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#104 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

The Canucks let the Blues walk out from the boards into the slot many many times tonight. And have done so all season. This is a problem.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain

#105 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,611 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's like they see the level of positivity getting too high, so they take it upon themselves to try and bring everyone down.

I prefer to enjoy a win, and then move on to the next game, rather than complain about everything they did wrong.

some i think want this team to lose more so AV is fired and Ruff is hired because he will turn us into cup contenders apparently

#106 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

missed the game.. tanev and kass both injured???

#107 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Best Daniel has looked in a couple of weeks. Hansen continues to roll on...playing the best stretch of hockey I've seen him play.

Schneids stood on his head, especially in the first...bad bounces in the third.

Nice to see the forwards going to the net...good things can happen when you go to the net.

Sorry to end with a negative, but we need to play with more of a killer instinct...best offence is a good defence. We have to stop letting teams back in the games that we seemingly have under control.

BTW, did you guys see Ballard almost pull a "Ballard on Vokoun" on Schneids in the third period tonight?

One last thing - we have to find a way to get Sobotka...he wins nearly all puck battles he gets in. He's a Blue, but the guys got high compete level. Would look great in a Canucks jersey...same with Berglund.

Edited by disisdayear, 19 March 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#108 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

missed the game.. tanev and kass both injured???

Yeah Tanev took a clapper to his upper body and left immediately. Kass re-aggravated his back in a fight.

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#109 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Schroeder has earned a spot on this team with his play. Even with Kes in the lineup. Even if he doesn't get enough ice time even strength goving him time on the special teams units should make him worth keeping. His speed, shooting and passig abilities make him a great PP2 player and I'm sure he has the tools to be an effective penalty killer. Get him experience now so he's comfortable by playoffs.

I don't mind Av as much as most posters here, and I respect a coach making players earn their ice time but he's been solid. When most of our 2nd line is injured this is when young guys should be playing... Even if it doesn't give us the best opportunity to win.
Posted Image

#110 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

some i think want this team to lose more so AV is fired and Ruff is hired because he will turn us into cup contenders apparently

I'm one of those. Not necessarily wanting to see Ruff hired, but I am pretty tired of AV as a coach.

However, I was pleased that tonight he seemed to pull his head out of his ass and actually play ONE of our rookies. Schroeder got 17+ minutes tonight which I absolutely loved. And he looked really, really good. The kid has VERY good vision. Why he wasn't getting this when Kesler first got injured is beyond me.

3 shots in first period, 2 shots in the third is still pretty bad. But I'm glad Schneider also had a great game and showed why he's such a great goaltender again.

Edited by TheWheeler, 19 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#111 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

It is a win. But the way things have been going, being careful is wiser.

I think the two of you are missing an important concept. The way things have gone, we're clearly not out of the woods yet.

Edited by Monteeun, 19 March 2013 - 10:49 PM.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#112 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I agree. None of us are the coach or GM. Sure, we can have conversations about this stuff, but the constant complaining is getting to be a bit much, especially after a win.

Ugly win, but a win. We'll take it. Next!

#113 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Good win. Let's build on it.

#114 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm one of those. Not necessarily wanting to see Ruff hired, but I am pretty tired of AV as a coach.

However, I was pleased that tonight he seemed to pull his head out of his ass and actually play ONE of our rookies. Schroeder got 17+ minutes tonight which I absolutely loved. And he looked really, really good. The kid has VERY good vision. Why he wasn't getting this when Kesler first got injured is beyond me.

3 shots in first period, 2 shots in the third is still pretty bad. But I'm glad Schneider also had a great game and showed why he's such a great goaltender again.

I actually don't mind seeing Schroeder playing the third line with Kassian and Booth. But we know that won't happen now lol

Wow, we are getting thin.

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#115 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

They WON

lol couldn't have said it any better.

0au3Jj.gif

#116 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'd like to take this time to apologise to anyone I may have offended tonight.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#117 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

It is a win. But the way things have been going, being careful is wiser.

I think the two of you are missing an important concept. The way things have gone, we're clearly not out of the woods yet.

Not our job to worry about that. I dunno about you, but I think our job is to drink beer, eat nachos, watch hockey.

Or not watch hockey, if we so choose.

#118 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,387 posts

They WON

Stop complaining...we won!

:bigblush:

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

#119 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

its childish and its not needed no need to stop to name calling to a team that almost came back against us in the third period

You're wrong...this team needs to do more trash talking, less whining.

#120 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,387 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I'd like to take this time to apologise to anyone I may have offended tonight.

LOL

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.