The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Gillis attended Sharks-Coyotes game

I take clowe in a heartbeat if he's willing to come here. He may have no goals but we've all seen him play and beat the crap outta us. The guy is a complete beast. I think if you can get him for a couple lower end prospects gillis should do it. I'd give a conditional first if he resigns. Getting clowe under contract is worth more than a first. If him and kassian are on the first and second line were one of the toughest teams in the league. Twins kes Raymond burr are going to take a lot less abuse and have more confidence out there.

Last night grapes was going off as usual about having 2 enforcers on the leafs is why they've been so good this year.. But then he went and got Orr mcleren and Kadri and asked Kadri about what Reimer said on them playing with so much confidence because those 2 guys don't let people push around their stars. Kadri was very genuine when he agreed with it.. That is one thing we've been missing. If you are tougher than the other team they have a miserable time playing against you. Especially for 7 games, we know that better than anyone.

I really think clowe would turn it around and be a big part of our team and a monster for us in the playoffs inspiring kassian to do the same.

Hey buddy. Criticizing the team, coaching staff and management does not mean the poster is not a fan; on the contrary in fact. I agree that being a fan of this team means a life of frustrations until death. It doesn't mean sit tight and don't complain. If anything, one could argue that the passive fan who just enjoys the game while texting is a lesser fan. A true passionate fan will want his team to win every night and pull the trigger to get better when there's a trigger to be pulled.

I take clowe in a heartbeat if he's willing to come here. He may have no goals but we've all seen him play and beat the crap outta us. The guy is a complete beast. I think if you can get him for a couple lower end prospects gillis should do it. I'd give a conditional first if he resigns. Getting clowe under contract is worth more than a first. If him and kassian are on the first and second line were one of the toughest teams in the league. Twins kes Raymond burr are going to take a lot less abuse and have more confidence out there.

Last night grapes was going off as usual about having 2 enforcers on the leafs is why they've been so good this year.. But then he went and got Orr mcleren and Kadri and asked Kadri about what Reimer said on them playing with so much confidence because those 2 guys don't let people push around their stars. Kadri was very genuine when he agreed with it.. That is one thing we've been missing. If you are tougher than the other team they have a miserable time playing against you. Especially for 7 games, we know that better than anyone.

I really think clowe would turn it around and be a big part of our team and a monster for us in the playoffs inspiring kassian to do the same.

I'm pretty confused about how people would be excited about picking up Boyd Gordon. To my knowledge he is Right Wing (Most people are putting him at center, perhaps it's a Higgins type deal where he plays both I don't know? ) and he is only 6'0 tall and only 2 goals all season. From what I know he isn't a gritty/rough sandpaper energy guy.

If we were to pick up another winger I would hope for a more gritty player. Torres would be ideal in my mind to take over a Weise/Sestito position in the roster.

If Gordon does in fact play Center, I would prefer a more skill player like Roy or Vermette to initiate 3 lines of scoring. That minimal point production from Gordon is what has me uneasy. Then again I haven't been watching his play.

Could anyone shed some light here?

lol gillis..will probably trade picks again to get minor deal players like pahlsson last year.

Its either ALL IN this deadline or if you wont give support to this core then get rid of players for multiple 1st rd picks this deep draft.

Nothing in between. Acquiring minor deal players just to get to 2nd rd is a major failure. CUP or BUST!

Stop wasting picks on minor deals!

here's something to go along with what theminister is spreading:

Clowe isn’t the only Shark UFA whose name gets mentioned in trade rumors. Hockey Night in Canada mentioned Michal Handzus as someone who might be moved and we spoke briefly today. Yes, the lack of playing time lately bothers him. Yes, he’s heard there might be interest elsewhere, too.

This could be just what this team needs... I am hearing truthful rumours that the Canucks are in heavy discussions with St.Louis trying to acquire Geoff Courtnall, Cliff Ronning, Sergio Momesso and Robert Dirk. This could mean the end of Dan Quinn and Garth Butcher's careers in Vancouver.

This could be just what this team needs... I am hearing truthful rumours that the Canucks are in heavy discussions with St.Louis trying to acquire Geoff Courtnall, Cliff Ronning, Sergio Momesso and Robert Dirk. This could mean the end of Dan Quinn and Garth Butcher's careers in Vancouver.

I'm pretty confused about how people would be excited about picking up Boyd Gordon. To my knowledge he is Right Wing (Most people are putting him at center, perhaps it's a Higgins type deal where he plays both I don't know? ) and he is only 6'0 tall and only 2 goals all season. From what I know he isn't a gritty/rough sandpaper energy guy.

If we were to pick up another winger I would hope for a more gritty player. Torres would be ideal in my mind to take over a Weise/Sestito position in the roster.

If Gordon does in fact play Center, I would prefer a more skill player like Roy or Vermette to initiate 3 lines of scoring. That minimal point production from Gordon is what has me uneasy. Then again I haven't been watching his play.

Could anyone shed some light here?

Hmmm. Maybe if he's a body and a contract coming as a product of a Clowe trade it could make some sense... Ballard, A Prospect + 2nd for Clowe and we take Handzus??

I don't see why SJ would need to do that at this point though. The only player I see Handzus as a potential upgrade on is Ebbett and Ebbett has twice the points as him..

Archived