The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What a beautiful HST free day

Harbinger

The same people who voted down the HST will be the ones whining about "lack of funding" for various social programs...

Case in point: Look at all the "we need more money" ads the BCTF is running these days....now see if you can find a school teacher that voted for the HST...

The same people who voted down the HST will be the ones whining about "lack of funding" for various social programs...

Case in point: Look at all the "we need more money" ads the BCTF is running these days....now see if you can find a school teacher that voted for the HST...

Only dumbfracks who took first year accounting and macroeconomics think HST is good. Get an actual degree then talk undergrads.

Thank god they took this crap away. Retards who eat up the governments bull are so sad.

Obviously ronthecivil and Wetcosters minds have slowed so much they can't even use what they paid to learn to think objectively!

I saved 12 cents on a cup of coffee today. Woop de doo!!!!!! I'll be expecting taxes to go up to pay for ever increasing need for social programs (that I will probably never use...but that's what 1st World countries do...provide for the needy). The HST was efficient. Eliminated the red tape of doing 2 separate taxes for businesses.

BC is a beautiful location (albeit it rains alot). We should make it more business friendly to encourage job growth. More business that come here...the more people will be employed.

As for the post saying to immediately reduce the HST from 12% to 10% at the time of introduction...I think that was a chip Liberals were going to play to get re-elected. But alas...it didn't turn out that way.

I ecpect that NDP will probably get elected in May. I only hope the NDP doesn't send BC into debt that it can never recover.

I saved 12 cents on a cup of coffee today. Woop de doo!!!!!! I'll be expecting taxes to go up to pay for ever increasing need for social programs (that I will probably never use...but that's what 1st World countries do...provide for the needy). The HST was efficient. Eliminated the red tape of doing 2 separate taxes for businesses.

BC is a beautiful location (albeit it rains alot). We should make it more business friendly to encourage job growth. More business that come here...the more people will be employed.

As for the post saying to immediately reduce the HST from 12% to 10% at the time of introduction...I think that was a chip Liberals were going to play to get re-elected. But alas...it didn't turn out that way.

I ecpect that NDP will probably get elected in May. I only hope the NDP doesn't send BC into debt that it can never recover.

A reminder for the people bemoaning the loss of the HST.

This man is responsible.

PC_110902_04960_gordon_campbell_sn635.jpg

The HST referendum succeeded only because of Gordon Campbell, who lowered the vote’s requirements.

The referendum would have failed under the rules of B.C.’s Recall and Initiative Act. The act requires half of all registered voters in the province to vote in favour of change, a benchmark the HST referendum did not meet.

I would have preferred to keep the HST at the proprosed reduce rate of 10% and kept the $1.6B transition windfall from the Federal Government. And really...other than the Olympics...when has BC ever gotten so much from the Feds?

Then come election time...if people were still tired of the Liberals...they could have voted them out of office and elect the NDP.

Too many people are short-sighted to see the big picture.

I would have preferred to keep the HST at the proprosed reduce rate of 10% and kept the $1.6B transition windfall from the Federal Government. And really...other than the Olympics...when has BC ever gotten so much from the Feds?

Then come election time...if people were still tired of the Liberals...they could have voted them out of office and elect the NDP.

Too many people are short-sighted to see the big picture.

One of the reasons i have never been a fan of the recall/initiative/ referendum - governments have to make tough decisions and they should be judged on the body of work not just on an issue by issue basis.

We have referendums - they are called general elections.

OMG I laugh at anyone arguing in favor of any tax. We should now focus on getting the PST reduced and preferably gone. How about No PST and No GST. IT's Our money. Your Money. Then you will see job creation.

How about no tax?

Does anyone know the costs of switching the hst back to gst pst? I heard it'll cost the province 100s of millions eventually in just administrations and tax dollars??

I'm not educated on this at all, but if someone that knows for a fact clear it up; it would be much appreciated

Does anyone know the costs of switching the hst back to gst pst? I heard it'll cost the province 100s of millions eventually in just administrations and tax dollars??

I'm not educated on this at all, but if someone that knows for a fact clear it up; it would be much appreciated

Archived