The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

The way Higgins has teamed up with Roy is impressive. I also like Kassian on the left side with Kesler. He didn't get an assist on Kesler's goal last night but his pass back to the point was a nice read. The full impact of what Roy means to this team will evolve over the next 9 games. He has only played 3 games so far. Patience.

If Roy doesn't come back next year (I hope he does) who would you have replace him in 3rd line centre?

I was thinking someone like Cullen from the Wild if he Goes to free agency or Frans Neilsen from the Islanders via a trade. Of course Jordan Schroeder is an option but I would rather have someone with more experience at centre with maybe Jordan on the wing.

Calgary game; Roy made some nice passes but nothing special. He is a good PK'er. Didn't see any flashes of speed. Before fans want to resign this guy shouldn't we see some offence? Kesler: Made low % plays as he one manned it rather than distribute. I wouldn't be a happy teammate playing on his wing. At least he was finishing his check which most Canucks were not.

Calgary game; Roy made some nice passes but nothing special. He is a good PK'er. Didn't see any flashes of speed. Before fans want to resign this guy shouldn't we see some offence? Kesler: Made low % plays as he one manned it rather than distribute. I wouldn't be a happy teammate playing on his wing. At least he was finishing his check which most Canucks were not.

Honestly, with a deep team, who cares if your called the third center or second center? they get about the same amount of ice time.

we will see if Roy enjoys playing in a Canadian city. I certainly hope he resigns for at least a few years. That will give us some solid center depth and it gives him some stability.

Honestly, with a deep team, who cares if your called the third center or second center? they get about the same amount of ice time.

we will see if Roy enjoys playing in a Canadian city. I certainly hope he resigns for at least a few years. That will give us some solid center depth and it gives him some stability.

Before we assess all and all on the Calgary game, lets remind each other that Calgary is missing the playoffs and lost two big pieces in trades. One, there not playing with any pressure and two, since Bouwmeester and Iginla are gone, the whole team gets extra minutes and are stepping up as a team. For Vancouver, it's about getting the two points and that's it.

Lets judge our team when they play teams that have stakes to play for.

If Van isn't using these ten games to build towards CUP play then they don't deserve to get past the 1st round. Calgary might have been more enthusiastic and that is understandable with the number of young guys playing for them. My problem with Van's play is their d-zone coverage which has been poor all year. Van depends far to much on their goaltending to bail them out. CUP quality teams will make short work of them if they cannot change this.

Archived