The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Call it what you want. I'm simply telling you I find it tedious.

You've taken the same position regarding the Leafs centers - you think they'd be fine without Bozak - they don't see it that way - and they don't see their blueline as you do. They seem to think they could use a veteran blueliner. If you want to argue that, you should be in touch with them.

You might as well take it a step further and say they don't need Luongo - they have good young goaltenders - but for whatever reason you've drawn the line there.

They have a concern - they have a pair of young goaltenders, one who has had his share of injuries, and nothing else in their system - and they have a young blueline and would like to add a veteran if possible, but it's not easy.

The Leafs have a little depth on the wing, otherwise they don't have much to spend.

Which is why I think it's either Frattin or another winger that is what they're likely to spend. I like the fit that Franson could be, but again, it's not highly likely, and if at all, only if they got a blueliner or two in return (Ballard and Barker perhaps).

Beyond that, it's futures.

I might work with that if they offered Frattin, Scrivens and a 1st.

I might work with that if it's Luo and Ballard for Frattin, Franson, Scrivens and a 1st.

Otherwise the only other possiblities I see is a substituting someone like MacArthur or Kulemin for Frattin - personally I see that as less attractive because it lacks cap incentive - unless the Ballard component is there as well.

In any event, the Leafs are looking for a veteran goaltender and blueliner - you may not see Ballard fitting that bill - I don't know what the Leafs consider a veteran blueliner of interest, but Ballard is what we have, so...

lol ''Reality' is a total weak mind argument, now take a look at my reality...'

Hey i hope it all works out too. But there are multiple issues at hand that says it doesn't. Ignoring them and putting on the rose-coloured glasses unfortunately doesn't make them go away. This is the real reality. lol

lol ''Reality' is a total weak mind argument, now take a look at my reality...'

Hey i hope it all works out too. But there are multiple issues at hand that says it doesn't. Ignoring them and putting on the rose-coloured glasses unfortunately doesn't make them go away. This is the real reality. lol

It's not my fault that you've ignored all 'objective facts' that shed a less than rose-coloured light on potential outcomes here.

But here's another one: Last 2 Derek Roy playoff appearances: 7gp, 0g, 3a, 1 major injury. Oh, i'm so excited!

Nobody is planning the parade because of this move, certainly. Yes, there are positives to it, beyond the added potential of posting animated gifs. All i am saying is that more clearly needs to be done if we are planning on winning a cup this year. Is this not an 'objective fact' as well? Who exactly is dodging the point here?

It's not my fault that you've ignored all 'objective facts' that shed a less than rose-coloured light on potential outcomes here.

But here's another one: Last 2 Derek Roy playoff appearances: 7gp, 0g, 3a, 1 major injury. Oh, i'm so excited!

Nobody is planning the parade because of this move, certainly. Yes, there are positives to it, beyond the added potential of posting animated gifs. All i am saying is that more clearly needs to be done if we are planning on winning a cup this year. Is this not an 'objective fact' as well? Who exactly is dodging the point here?

Waste of a draft pick and a prospect at this point. If this was an aquisition with additional parts, such as a PP quarterback and a scoring winger this would be a good trade. As the only trade? Pointless. Gillis is out of his mind if he thinks this team with Roy wins anything.

Waste of a draft pick and a prospect at this point. If this was an aquisition with additional parts, such as a PP quarterback and a scoring winger this would be a good trade. As the only trade? Pointless. Gillis is out of his mind if he thinks this team with Roy wins anything.

^

then MG needs to be given his walking papers. He clearly is not an effective GM, and it doesn't seem like other GM's like dealing with him much.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Roy - Higgins

Lapierre - Schroeder - Kassian

That's a damn good forward group if you ask me

I can't believe some people still want Gillis' head....

He's done a pretty good job managing this team while still building a future.

Most people on here just want Luongo gone, but just wait and see when Gillis acquires something amazing in the offseason and realize how spoiled you are.

Also the trade for Roy is a complete STEAL if we sign him.

Some of you fans are just the worst... <_<

Some teams are in a hole and didn't make a trade at all.

Be fkn happy.

Archived