85 replies to this topic

#61 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'm just waiting to see the 'miraculous' recovery of the Rat-face for next game.

Me too. I hope he returns quickly so he can be nailed again....I don't really like seeing people get injured but Marchand has had it coming for a while after all he has done to other players in the league

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#62 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

What a joke :picard: ...but expected

I knew he would've been suspended, but if someone from Boston did it, nothing would've happened :/

#63 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Me too. I hope he returns quickly so he can be nailed again....I don't really like seeing people get injured but Marchand has had it coming for a while after all he has done to other players in the league

#64 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Love it! A 4 game suspension well worth it, im buying a Volchenkov jersey. That piece of crap had it coming. Somewhere in Tampa Salo is having a cold beer with a smile on his face.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#65 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Looked like a 1 gamer to me, but Marchand seems to sell it...

The inconsistency this year - piling upon past years - is getting really tough to stomach.

#66 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Dude you're a friggin joke going on message boards to brag about how smart you think you are. Pathetic.

You're just mad at how transparent your ignorance is.

Keswho.jpg

#67 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

4 games is about right, though I don't feel sorry for Marchand.

#68 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

You're just mad at how transparent your ignorance is.

Not mad in the slightest... you feeling you need to lie on messages boards about you reading hundreds of "peer-reviewed articles" on the topic of ancient civilization's understanding of a spherical earth weekly, to pump up your obviously shattered ego is really... well ... just sad.
Posted Image

#69 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

For 4 games, Volchenkov should have put more power and weight into it. A shame.

#70 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

For 4 games, Volchenkov should have put more power and weight into it. A shame.

Lmao, he sold it though

#71 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Lmao, he sold it though

Sold it like cheap trinkets in a flea market.

#72 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Sold it like cheap trinkets in a flea market.

Hahahaha 😂

#73 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

way to milk it rat boy

#74 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,761 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

way to milk it rat boy

He doesn't realize he doesnt need to fake the injury anymore.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#75 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

While I tend to agree that Marchand is a punk, I don't wish injury on any player and this thread makes me sick to see how many posters are glad he got hit and wish his career was ended. Seriously, have a little bit of class people!
NOW...
Here is a question for you guys, if Marchand is such a dirty player (and yes, he can be) what do you all think of Torres? His hits on Palmieri, Hejda, Berglund, Eberle, Seabrook, Hossa and others was nothing but plain and simple head hunting. Would people on here defend Torres if someone took him out with a brutal hit to the head just because he used to be a Canuck? I am curious....
(as much as I despise Torres, I still don't wish injury on any NHL player)

#76 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

It wasn't so bad as it looked, but Dopes is all about the optics. Anything less and the media would have savaged them. I remain in suspense about whether Marchand will actually miss any games, you can never really tell with him. "I was hoping to draw five" and all that stuff, so wait and see I guess.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#77 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,123 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm just waiting to see the 'miraculous' recovery of the Rat-face for next game.

Me too...although, with them pretty much in the playoffs barring disaster, it'll be perfect timing to give him a little pre-playoff rest time to sell his case. I ain't buyin' it.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#78 HTania

HTania

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

4 games are too much I think.

#79 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Not mad in the slightest... you feeling you need to lie on messages boards about you reading hundreds of "peer-reviewed articles" on the topic of ancient civilization's understanding of a spherical earth weekly, to pump up your obviously shattered ego is really... well ... just sad.

You were trying to make other posters feel like crap, and went so far as to say something totally wrong in your attempt to do so but couldn't own up to it. Then you tried to make me feel like crap for calling you out and here we are. Clearly you're not mad. :rolleyes:

I agree with your basic point that elbow headshots are barely punished in this league until it's Marchand getting hit. My personal answer being to punish all players, Nash to Volchenkov, equally hard. But when someone disagrees with you, how about not being an uppity princess about it? It will save you from instances where you have to draw on your non-existent astrological and historical knowledge.

Keswho.jpg

#80 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Too bad ... should have hurt him more. Maybe add spikes to his elbow pad next time and run it flat in his face?

Too far? Yes iit is too far but that guys a rat. Hope his career ends from karma like prongers

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#81 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

You were trying to make other posters feel like crap, and went so far as to say something totally wrong in your attempt to do so but couldn't own up to it. Then you tried to make me feel like crap for calling you out and here we are. Clearly you're not mad. :rolleyes:

I agree with your basic point that elbow headshots are barely punished in this league until it's Marchand getting hit. My personal answer being to punish all players, Nash to Volchenkov, equally hard. But when someone disagrees with you, how about not being an uppity princess about it? It will save you from instances where you have to draw on your non-existent astrological and historical knowledge.

The bolded part: That's all that really matters

and actually what I said wasn't totally wrong... what you said was... that's just the way it is sorry bud but you're just trying to back pedal... I said people thought the earth was flat... tell me I'm wrong and you have the IQ of a siv as I can guarantee that there are people who live on the planet today that believe that.

I Never said any particular civilization did or didn't believe in the earth being flat I only said that appearances can be decieving like how one could mistake the world being flat by observation... nothing more... only a crap stirring d-bag would try to argue that the greeks or babylonians or whomever knew it was spherical as I never ever singled out any particular civilization.

And that is all on you.

Edited by Aladeen, 12 April 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

#82 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

While I tend to agree that Marchand is a punk, I don't wish injury on any player and this thread makes me sick to see how many posters are glad he got hit and wish his career was ended. Seriously, have a little bit of class people!
NOW...
Here is a question for you guys, if Marchand is such a dirty player (and yes, he can be) what do you all think of Torres? His hits on Palmieri, Hejda, Berglund, Eberle, Seabrook, Hossa and others was nothing but plain and simple head hunting. Would people on here defend Torres if someone took him out with a brutal hit to the head just because he used to be a Canuck? I am curious....
(as much as I despise Torres, I still don't wish injury on any NHL player)

A tiny sliver of sanity in the middle of the usual two minute hate. I love how people can say with a straight face that he's "milking it" when he missed the rest of the game and (at least) the whole game after. It's like a repeat of the Horton episode; he wasn't injured enough for some people's liking. Question: just how long would he have to sit out before the haters would actually admit that he got hurt from a truly dirty hit? A week? Month? Year?

Remember this board is loaded with people who were choked that we didn't reaquire Torres who is demonstrably far dirtier than Marchant. It seems a lot of people here miss the good old days when guys like Bert would end people's careers for daring to touch one of our precious Canucks. Cretinous to say the least.

#83 sgt. grumbles

sgt. grumbles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

Elbows to the head are a reckless and mean, but how could you not see Marchand turn his little rate face away from you. It's so inviting, it just begs to be critically injured. In summary, I hate that guy and screw him.

#84 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

The bolded part: That's all that really matters

and actually what I said wasn't totally wrong... what you said was... that's just the way it is sorry bud but you're just trying to back pedal... I said people thought the earth was flat... tell me I'm wrong and you have the IQ of a siv as I can guarantee that there are people who live on the planet today that believe that.

I Never said any particular civilization did or didn't believe in the earth being flat I only said that appearances can be decieving like how one could mistake the world being flat by observation... nothing more... only a crap stirring d-bag would try to argue that the greeks or babylonians or whomever knew it was spherical as I never ever singled out any particular civilization.

And that is all on you.

Posted Image

Just...just stop. Nothing is more depressing than when someone is too dumb to know they're wrong but more adamant about their correctness than any genius.

Keswho.jpg

#85 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Posted Image

Just...just stop. Nothing is more depressing than when someone is too dumb to know they're wrong but more adamant about their correctness than any genius.

^^This is what you post when you have nothing rationale to say. pretty damn pathetic. You might as well have posted "I know you are but what am I" Rofl pathetic but that is all that is expected from you.
Posted Image

#86 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Claude Juliens players do not embellish.

So says Claude Julien.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.