Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who are the Canucks biggest rivals?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is are biggest rival team? (290 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is our rival?

1. LA (3 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

2. San Jose (1 votes [0.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.34%

3. Chicago (247 votes [85.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.17%

4. St. Louis (1 votes [0.34%] - View)

5. Dallas (1 votes [0.34%] - View)

6. Boston (32 votes [11.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.03%

7. Other (5 votes [1.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Canucks_Wrister73

Canucks_Wrister73

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Chicago for sure. We've had wars with Chicago over the last three years. And this year they are taking our President's trophy too. But we can beat em in the playoffs.

#62 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

I know the flames and oilers are rebuilding but they should definitely be in the selections. Same with the Leafs although that is more of a fan rivalry than a team rivalry

And i obviously voted for Chicago. No contest

Edited by frazzY, 12 April 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#63 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Top 10,

1.Chicago
2.Chicago
3.Chicago
4.Chicago
5.Chicago
6.Chicago
7.Calgary
8.Boston
9.Toronto
10.LA

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#64 Hedman

Hedman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

Chicago. I hate Boston more though. There is so much i hate about Boston, their players, their fans, their announcers...

#65 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hawks
Kings
NW division
Bruins
Leafs
Rangers (kinda)
Posted Image

#66 Melons

Melons

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

I miss the rivalry that we had with Minny a few years back. We may see it renewed now that they don't suck anymore. Chicago I don't dislike as much as I used to. They lost so many of their real creeps (I know, some still remain) and are playing a better brand of hockey. And it might take awhile for the NW to get back to being a "strong" division but once the Oil and Flames get good, every game is so exciting. Was it the early 2000's/WCE days were every divisional game seemed to be meaningful? Good times.

But don't discount Boston. We haven't seen them this year, yet :bigblush: , but once we start seeing them in the regular season the games will be huge.

#67 Edinburgh Capitals

Edinburgh Capitals

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

bettman?
Posted Image

#68 Brambojoe

Brambojoe

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

Whomever we meet next in the playoffs...

#69 SpennyCanuck

SpennyCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

I would have to say Chicago is our "Biggest Rival" due to the amount of playoff series battled out between the two teams (3 times in 4 years?). There always seems to be a extra edge for the games vs. the hawks that makes it ONE of the best rivalries in the league.

#70 Rob_Zepp

Rob_Zepp

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Biggest rivals are with the Vancouver media followed by bandwagon fans. Canucks have some of the best TRUE fans in the NHL but have more whining "win or we won't follow you" fans, more trolls (rear hurt Albertans) and many other forms of non-true hockey fan people.

True fans cheer when Canucks win but cheer harder when the team is struggling...that is when true fans are needed the most.

I see Hodgson becoming more of ahl type player

Clutch @ Oct 3 2008, 12:34 PM - Alex Burrows, I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. He can't skate; its ridiculous. IMOP Alex Burrow's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go and keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever.

#71 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Depends on how you define rivalry.. and maybe there are different types of rivalry:

Considering the future division and playoff format, it'll probably be the Kings or the Sharks (and probably Oilers if they indeed reach the potential they have). Remember, all it takes is an emotional playoff series, and we'll likely have a bunch of these against the Kings and Sharks and Oilers in the next several years.

Chicago would be the best rivalry as of now for us I would say, just given the history. But it'll probably tail off a bit in the next few years unless we get them in the playoffs again.

I wouldn't call the Boston Goons as one of our rivals... it's more of a one/two game a season hate-fest. It will never be like following them regularly on the season and fighting for top spots like most rivalries.

For me personally,

1) Hawks: I love beating them, but also respect them (despite having numerous annoying players). I was actually cheering for them to win the cup in 2010. I like their attacking style of play, and Towes is hard to hate.

2) Kings: I don't like them and it'll be a lot of fun watching the rivalry develop in future years. I just didn't like how they limped into playoffs, picked up a bunch of big names at the deadline and got lucky with the chemistry and non-injuries and hot goalie to win the cup... I'd say this will be the main rivalry for us going forward

3) Bruins: as most other Nucks fans, and Habs fans, and any sane, non-dinosaur-original six-loving fan, hates them and their dirty goonish style of play. This is not a rivalry, it's pure hate. I don't care if Lucic is from Van, I'd never cheer for him in any tournament. And Marchant.. and Thornton... and their goonish fans. It's a culture thing and I hate it all.

Edited by westvandude, 12 April 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#72 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I hate Boston so much. It's more than a feeling.

....Chicago has given us fits and frights, making our blood run hot, and our tempers near explode. This has been the case for a number of years, and with no end in sight. Chicago would be our rivals, too bad they are switching divisions:(

If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me. No baby please don't go.

#73 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Chicago now, but could be LA in future with realignment.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#74 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Blackhawks

#75 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

To sum up our rivals are pretty much any City that shares it's name with a band and/or musical. IF Chilliwack ever gets an NHL team I promise to hate them :)

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#76 Bonovro

Bonovro

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

who the hell voted for dallas...

#77 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

The Refs :bigblush:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#78 Henrik Kesler

Henrik Kesler

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Chicago. The playoff battles have made it such a heated rivalry. I can see San Jose and LA becoming rivals with the realignment and new playoff format because the Canucks will be playing one of those two teams just about every year in the playoffs.

#79 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Chicago and LA. Then Boston. We don't play Boston enough to have a rivalry. Of course when we do play them for the next few years there it will be heated, but with Chicago (and now LA) a rivalry was built and has continued for years because we play them a lot more.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#80 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Minny is getting up there, but nothing at the moment can overtake chicago and boston.

I like to think in my conspiracy paranoia that the league is purposefully tyring to keep Boston from coming to Vancouver, seeing as how they haven't been here for 2 seasons and probably won't be for a while into the 3rd season. I remember last season the league saying that every team was supposed to visit each teams city at least once, and boston never came here.

Edited by hsedin33, 12 April 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#81 RoyBaby

RoyBaby

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Maybe you missed math in grade 8, but you just indicated with >>>>>>>> that the Hawks/Kings rivalry is greater than the Bruins rivalry, which seems to negate your point entirely.

Only read up to here and could tell that if the first sentence is weird, the rest of the post probably gets weirder... I can't believe you missed the point entirely, when you can READ the sentences :lol: :lol: :lol: wowwwww. When I put ">>>>>>" it was a comparison as to what you would rather "prefer". The preference of being beaten by the Kings and the Chicago as opposed to being beaten by the Bruins in the finals was greater than my preference/likablity of being beaten by Boston--"also" meaning I have a "less than" preference of that happening. Talk about a confused "guy" :lol:

Edited by RoyBaby, 12 April 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#82 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Only read up to here and could tell that if the first sentence is weird, the rest of the post probably gets weirder... I can't believe you missed the point entirely, when you can READ the sentences :lol: :lol: :lol: wowwwww. When I put ">>>>>>" it was a comparison as to what you would rather "prefer". The preference of being beaten by the Kings and the Chicago as opposed to being beaten by the Bruins in the finals was greater than my preference/likablity of being beaten by Boston--"also" meaning I have a "less than" preference of that happening. Talk about a confused "guy" :lol:

The other guy makes more sense than you.

#83 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

I hate Edmonton the most.
Because of Schultz and the cocky overrated "Young Guns" that the people of Edmonton keep bragging about every year.

I swear to god if they win the lottery I will go to Edmonton and pick fights infront if Rexal, Naked.

Ill fight anyone, it's impossible to beat up someone who is naked.

They will pay the price.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#84 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

After the coverage in the 2011 Finals, it felt like all the people in Canada were enemies of the Canucks.

To all the Flames fans who donned Bruins jerseys during the Finals....I hope your team gets moved to Seattle!!!

bobssig.jpg

this is why i shaked my head at those Canuck fans that cheered on the fLames to make the playoffs... that fan base is stupid as f thats the fan base that still to this day are convinced Alberts faked going down for a call on hit on that McGrattan hit that sent him to retirement. 

I hated that fan base since 04 and will forever hate them. they have such a huge inferiority complex about our team and the city/province. I hope we dispose of these losers quickly. 

#85 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

At one time in the past I'd have said Avalanche, as they were the team to beat for us. Now definitely Chicago and in our own division, Minnesota. Good, hard fought games (AV terms) with Minny.
It's hard to have a good rivalry with a team in the other conference, but yeah, it would be nice to fight Boston more often.
Games between us and the Rangers are still ones I look forward to. But any rivalry/hate feeling has been gone for a very long time now...

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#86 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

Chicago resoundingly views Vancouver as their cheif rival. Kane has mentioned it. As has Toews, Bolland, and Keith.

It's funny as we are the team accused of diving, but Hossa is clearly in need of a bid to compete at the next Olympics.

We are their main competition.

Henrik and Daniel have made some highlight reel goals this year, but it's the willingness to fight back that has completely changed the dynamic of this team. We answer the bell and when Henrik roughed up Dough(t)y and stood up for Bieksa.....that to me was the turning point in the season. This team has had more adversity than any other. They know how to deal with it now.

Kesler has returned from injury and is still a dominant player. Burrows is as usual the heart of the team. He is taking a beating out their with the "officials" looking the other way.

Although we are larger, guys like Raymond, Hansen, and Roy are still key contributors using stealth and speed. Higgins hopefully will be back soon. His emergence as a forward this year seems cruely shortened by the injury. Not long though. Lapierre is finally finding the back of the net and playing like a heat-seeking missle. As are Weise, Pinnizotto, and Sestito.

The defence has never been better. Edler is finally playing with some steam, Garrison is amazing, Bieksa is brutally efficient, Hamhuis, Ballard, Alberts, Barker. That is pretty deep. To think we will most likely slot in Vandermeer for the post season. He'll make us that much better. Willing to tune anyone. Lucic? He's fed him shots with a smile on his face. Hopefully Tanev can make it back for the playoffs.

And our back up goalie is Roberto Luongo...... Our back up got us to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final just two years ago. What other team can say that presently?

We are still an elite team. Just watch.
Posted Image

#87 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,917 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

Chicago. LA is getting up there though.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#88 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,635 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Back in the WCE days we used to have awesome rivalries with Calgary, Minnesota, Colorado. Now I don't really think we have any rivals outside of maybe the Blackhawks and possibly LA since we always seem to face them in the playoffs.

Still not the same though. When we were fighting for the playoffs and/or division titles and playing 8 games per year against each NW division team things got pretty hairy. Back then the NW division was also the most competitive.
Sig too big.

#89 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Dallas? Blues? San Jose? what? LA is a stretch too, you don't become rivals with every team that knocks you out in the playoffs.

#90 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

Easily the Blackhawks. All those playoffs series we've had against them solidifies the rivalry. Slayed the dragon.

2yn1i1f.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.