Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Our coach ain't bad....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#91 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I disagree with decisions AV makes quite regularly, but the bottom line is You can't argue with success.
Before AV the team missed the playoffs.
Since AV all they've done is win.
As long as the team keeps winning under AV then there really is no rational argument to get rid of him.

Everyone enjoys winning, but losing in playoffs is a rational arguement.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#92 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Best available option for the Canucks. Until there is a better option, and there aren't many better coaches in the league, I support the coach and the team. I won't get on a firing bandwagon. That only allows the media to have a heyday trying to pander to the negative fans by stirring up a storm of negativity around AV. It was what happened with Luongo, and it creates distractions. I want my team to win and I will stand by whoever is leading it.

#93 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

Yea when our team starts winning av's doing a good job and relaxed. When we lose 2 games we say fire av or critizice him. I love how you change so quick, he made wrong decisions face it, don't ignore what he did bad.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#94 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

This has got to be the quote of the thread. So why don't you apply for the job, Red Light? The money is good and as you said, it's eazy breazy.

Still waiting for the AV haters to bring their better options to the table...

Thats true, Im not a fan of AV but thats irrelevant to what Im saying anyways.

I certainly dont think I can do his job, just all of his decisions that pertain to goaltending. Melanson is the expert, and AV defers to him.

#95 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

I see so just so I can clearly understand you you are saying: AV (being the Head Coach of the Vancouver Canucks) is NOT the Coach of the Canuck's Goalies... please state this in you next post as I would love to put it in my sig for all to see that. If this is what you truly believe you have ZERO hockey knowledge and it would be great for everyone to see so that they may just skip over your ignorant posts from now until such time as you just stop posting your garbage.

What are you so upset about? Im here to discuss/debate, not trade insults. If you dont agree thats fine, but I dont get what compels you to treat so many of your fellow posters with disrespect.

As for the part you have bolded, I just dont see how AV should get credit (or blame) for good (or bad) goaltending. You know the adage "A good goalie can make a coach look really smart"? That refers to how goaltenders and head coach are interdependent to a large degree.

Ill give AV credit for goaltending when he starts working with them one on one, or goes over tape to address bad habits creeping into their game, or scouts goalies from other teams. In truth he defers to Melanson for all of that.

#96 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Best available option for the Canucks. Until there is a better option, and there aren't many better coaches in the league, I support the coach and the team. I won't get on a firing bandwagon. That only allows the media to have a heyday trying to pander to the negative fans by stirring up a storm of negativity around AV. It was what happened with Luongo, and it creates distractions. I want my team to win and I will stand by whoever is leading it.

Agreed, and we'll said.
Posted Image

#97 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

The team would be where it is without a coach. The core are such incredible leaders and the team doesn't seem to be affected by the coach at all. Look at the guys holding their own player meetings and such. That isn't AV's work.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#98 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,334 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

What are you so upset about? Im here to discuss/debate, not trade insults. If you dont agree thats fine, but I dont get what compels you to treat so many of your fellow posters with disrespect.

As for the part you have bolded, I just dont see how AV should get credit (or blame) for good (or bad) goaltending. You know the adage "A good goalie can make a coach look really smart"? That refers to how goaltenders and head coach are interdependent to a large degree.

Ill give AV credit for goaltending when he starts working with them one on one, or goes over tape to address bad habits creeping into their game, or scouts goalies from other teams. In truth he defers to Melanson for all of that.

Its interesting when media has a question about one of the Goalies they ask AV and not Melanson, I guess its because AV and the Goalies are so interdependent on one another.

Maybe you should tell all the sports media that they are talking to the wrong guy! You probably know more about whats going on with Luo and Schneids than AV does. I'm so glad we have your insider knowledge to the inner working relationship between AV and any Canucks goalie... its good to know that they would barely be able to pick each other out of a line up. :rolleyes:

My apologies if you think my posts are rude, don't read them if you can't handle them, don't respond with stupid posts to what I have written and you have no worries... I have zero patience for stupidity. And to say AV is NOT Schneider's or Luo's coach is just plain stupid... it is not debatable it is exactly how it is. If anyone posts something as ridiculous as he is NOT their coach I question how they have the mental capacity to physically turn on a computer and spew their junk... or I may just be being punked.
Posted Image

#99 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

The team would be where it is without a coach. The core are such incredible leaders and the team doesn't seem to be affected by the coach at all. Look at the guys holding their own player meetings and such. That isn't AV's work.

Of course you do know that many teams have had a 'player only meeting' during a slump. It doesn't happen often and that is why it is effective. It's the players being accountable for their game. The Nucks have had one this year and one last year.

Your comment about the team functioning just as well without a coach is based on speculations and assumptions. Unless you are a Canuck insider, you have no idea what or how AV brings to this team.

#100 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Wow, they still keep Daniel on the point, do they not plan on fixing the pp before the playoffs start?

I guess injury concern for Kes going to front of the net, but he better be there in the playoffs.

It's real simple

Sedin-Kes-Sedin

Roy-Garrison/Edler

Blows my mind that Weise is still plugging it up with Roy and Kassian gets sent to the 4th line instead of putting Kassian with Roy and Weise back to the 4th line.

Edited by TheGame., 13 April 2013 - 01:34 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#101 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

We just lost to the worst team in the league and much of it was due to AV bungling out there.

Too many men penalty, bad line change. Awful line juggling. Av s a good coach but as I say, better suited to a full trap team as is his style.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.