The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bozak commanding over $5,000,000 per year

Toronto might actually offer him it, if they don't it may impact Kessel, best buddy, roommate, line mate, have LOTS of chemistry together. Don't know if Kadri could take on the role of 1st line C yet. But man did he look awesome with Phil and Lupul yesterday!

50 point players arent worth $5m. Not unless they bring lots of other intangibles (size, checking, elite defensive capabilities) - which Bozak doesn't. He's good on faceoffs, but he's not exactly #1 PK or physically dominant.

And puts up only one less point than Henrik Sedin - 41. That's top line center numbers.

He is not defensively apt enough to play the extra minutes that Henrik and other #1 centers around the league does, but he's a rookie. Next year, he will have to take on a bigger role on the team, as either Grabovski or Bozak will be gone. He may hit a wall known as the sophomore slump with the added responsibility. But this kid is a player, no doubt. He will be the #1 center for the Maple Leafs in the next coming years.

• 3 weeks later...

bozak is a player that creates chances..he is a natural goal scorer and bozak can only get better..imnot a scout but there is talent there..he is smaller but he is andy macdoald type...he is worth 4 million a year...i would swap him for lungo any day and then some..

dunno why this thread was bumped but bozak is a pretty good player. as stated above he creates chances, has offensive awareness but he really hasn't proven much to call any shots. then again, most of his time on the leafs was under ron wilson and that guy nearly killed him and nazem kadri. the leafs just aren't all that great defensively, but under carlyle, i think numbers will improve across the board, but 5m.... i don't think so, unless that's the asking price to get out of toronto

Archived