The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does everyone hate Booth?

Outsiders

Booth is awesome, very underrated on the team. He was among our best players prior to his knee injury, even when he doesn't score he is doing something of value. Though his defensive game is meh, he rarely gets scored on. Plays fearless, and is by FAR the best hitter on the team. Shame we will have to do without him in the playoffs.

No one "hates" him. I can't stand that expression.

If he puts on the jersey he will always have my support and I always want every player in a Canucks jersey to play well. However my opinion of him as a player is not high.

Not through any lack of effort but imo his effort is nearly always poorly channelled. By that I mean he is far too selfish and doesn't pass to his line mates until it is generally too late.

He thinks when someone gives him the puck it's his to batter his way up the boards or occasionally go to the net. For me he is just badly coached and has a poorly developed hockey sense. He is completely manufactured......as in a robot is manufactured and therefore limited.

His play is too predictable and his style imo only works in a poor team where your line mates suck, not a gifted team like the Canucks.

I think Booth was another example of Gillis and his scouts doing what was convenient and easy rather than focusing on what the team required. Oh and by the way having watched a handful of games where he played for Florida on Gamecenter I said as much at the time.

These games are still there to be watched I believe and if you don't believe he exhibited all the failings he shows with this team even then ................go and look for yourself.

It just hasn't worked out for Booth here in Vancouver....He certainly does not suck as a player,it just seems every time he starts to get healthy and in his groove..he gets injured again.

He is somewhat predictable,but he is definately a handful for defenders when he is charging for the net.He is a big strong guy..would be pretty cool to see him on a line with Derek Roy.

I think there is a stigma attached to him, not only is he not playing up to his 4.25M contract taking up valuable cap space (not at the moment but you know what I mean) but he also shares an opinion of a lot of American values that British Columbia tend to feel the opposite on.

BC is probably the most liberal province in the country with many citizens feeling pro-choice, pro-gay, ant-gun, anti-hunting, and can be considered quite secular. Booth comes off as the complete opposite and very open about these opinions. Not that that is his fault, he just happened to be traded to a team that A) dislikes a lot of these opinions and B) Has one of the most fanatical and critical fan bases in the league.

Personally, I don't hate him. He embraces his opinion on religion, guns, etc. but he isn't exactly like TT who comes of as a lunatic, Booth understands other people have their own opinions, and he seems to love the city.

I have heard rumors he pushes his ideals on teammates but that may just be speculation or false accusations.

I was excited to see Booth join the team.

He seemed to be a key piece of the puzzle

A big power forward, a history of scoring goals, a history of playing well with Kesler.

An awesome deal.

In the last 2 years . I feel like I've yet to see the Booth Kesler combination actually both be healthy & playing well at the same time..

There has been flashes of promise from Booth where I could see him maybe being a great part of the team. A couple of times where he seemed to be rounding into form & about to break out.

I'd still really like to see them both healthy & playing together.

But yeah, he's a big cap hit for what we've seen from him & with the cap crunch the team is facing next year it's pretty easy to free up room by removing his contract.

I'm still kind of undecided on him. I won't be surprised or disappointed if he's gone next year, but it won't bother me if Gillis finds a way to keep him on the roster & give the Kesler/Booth combination another shot next year.

Not everyone can be like Sami Salo and magically play at 100% after coming back from an injury. Unfortunately for Booth, just as he rounds into form, he's got hurt again.

Booth is pretty much the ideal type of player for the playoffs, and I hope we haven't seen his last game in a Canuck jersey.

We all know David Booth is overpaid, but he is a great player when healthy. Do you people hate David Booth because he's always hurt so much or am I missing something. Cause when he's in the lineup he hits hard and plays hard. He looked good in the games be played in this year. Explain yourselves ...

He did look pretty good at times this year. didn't get the goals/results that we'd hope for but he definitely plays hard. The only problem (like the hate towards Luongo these days) is his price tag. A bit too much for what he actually brings to the team. If he got the results he/we'd all hoped for he would easily be worth the money.

Any official team source is not necessarily trustworth regarding injuries.

We're discusssing the hockey player here.

I'm an atheist too, and reasonable animal rights is fine. But if you hate Booth for hunting animals, you also must hate bears, tigers, alligators. They all hunt too; eating meat is part of their nature. The meat Booth gets from hunting is also killed in a far more humane way than anything you can buy in a store. As for the religion, as far as I can tell, Booth doesn't have an issue with people not being religious; who am I to judge him for the fact that he is?

him being a christian is not the issue. (my favorite canuck is Hamhuis) it's his attitude that bothers me: "god this, god that, bible says this, our lord almighty"... i thought religion was a private thing between god and his followers, not a social media instrument to show off.

Archived