Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Secrets / Tips to beating the San Jose Sharks in Round 1?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
195 replies to this topic

#181 combover

combover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

!!!!!!!!!!SCORE!!!!!!!!!!! and play 60 minutes.
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#182 centurion

centurion

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sedins....when you get the chance.....shots shots shots shots shot shots shots shots shots

#183 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Henrik and Daniel mentioned that they gotta keep pulling the trigger on Niemi, but at game time, what happened to that?

Our offence was definitely a problem. But before we start screaming at scoring, the puck doesn't just float off a player's stick into the net. Our only goal was that dirty one that proved the saying Once a Canuck, Always a Canuck a la Torres. It shows something though. The Sharks jumped on the puck REALLY fast. Any good space or chance was immediately shutdown with 5 Sharks on the puck. At most we can only commit 3 players to the puck in those circumstances as to not risk giving up bad rushes. Sharks win the puck battle -> move the puck out.

We miss scoring chances.

Sharks won something like 70% of the faceoffs in that game. A faceoff lost at our own end is a scoring chance for the Sharks. A faceoff lost at their end is a scoring chance lost.

Once again, we miss scoring chances.

Heck, for the most part, the shot count doesn't even reflect what actually happened. Niemi was hardly tested by good shots, most of his saves being sharp-angle positioning saves or weak shots. Luongo on the other hand is busting his ass off on bad puck and ice coverage. Shots were almost even but scoring chances had to be something like 20 to 5 or something.

I'm not surprised we lost Game 1.

#184 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Secret tip:

Fans must support their team.

I am looking on this site and all I see is negativity. We did not get blown out of the water. We lost 3-1.

Grow up. We obviously need some offense, Kesler was sick, Schneids injured. Luo kept us in the game.

I hope the Canucks Team is not like its fan base, ready to throw in the towel, trade away all the assets and go into the dark ages.

The Canucks eat BS like this for breakfast all season. I want them to wake up, rise from the ashes and silence the critics.

Two Hart trophy winners, a Selke winner, pair of Jennings winners, Jack Adams winner, GM of the year all on the same team. This is within the last 3 seasons. Notice a winning pattern here? We are freakin' winners, our fans should start acting like it.

Man, we even added a Smythe Trophy winner (other people who won this: Taylor Hall, Jonathan Huberdeau, Corey Perry, Milan Lucic), his name is Derek Roy.

Anyway, enough ranting.... :picard:

:canucks: GO! CANUCKS! GO! :canucks:

Edited by Captain Hindsight, 02 May 2013 - 09:59 PM.

hindsight5.jpg

#185 roland

roland

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

I thought what the Canucks did in game one was a good idea. Just finish your checks and don't worry too much about scoring until the 2nd or third period. And it worked until the refs decided to call weak calls on us give San Jose 4 power plays.

#186 Henrik Kesler

Henrik Kesler

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Canucks need to play like it's a video game which is to say fire at the net and quickly. None of this triple clutching nonsense when you have the puck in a decent scoring position.

#187 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Secret tip:

I am looking on this site and all I see is negativity. We did not get blown out of the water. We lost 3-1.

Grow up. We obviously need some offense, Kesler was sick, Schneids injured. Luo kept us in the game.

I hope the Canucks Team is not like its fan base, ready to throw in the towel, trade away all the assets and go into the dark ages.

The Canucks eat BS like this for breakfast all season. I want them to wake up, rise from the ashes and silence the critics.

Two Hart trophy winners, a Selke winner, pair of Jennings winners, Jack Adams winner, GM of the year all on the same team. This is within the last 3 seasons. Notice a winning pattern here? We are freakin' winners, our fans should start acting like it.

Man, we even added a Smythe Trophy winner (other people who won this: Taylor Hall, Jonathan Huberdeau, Corey Perry, Milan Lucic), his name is Derek Roy.

No, fans do not have to support the team because you say so. The players don't read CDC. It's a two-way street anyways, if they're playing like garbage people are going to take notice and call them out on it. And please, quit listing all the accolades won in 2010-11. One season in the middle of a bunch of first and second round exits. I love this team, but 2010-11 is not the standard. It's an anomaly.
Posted Image

#188 doobiedoodoo

doobiedoodoo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

The only tip they need is to score some goals. Never going to win a series if you averaging less than 2 goals a game in the 12 playoff games.

#189 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Secret tip:

Yupp. You forgot to mention the Art Ross'ss'sss. And I think Dank only won the Art Ross, not the Hart. I think Corry Hart won the Perry. Or Vice Versa. But I agree with what you're saying. Just support the team! We wait all year for this time of year. Need to stop worrying that it's going to end already and get psyched up for game 2. Each game just gets bigger and bigger. Win, or lose.

Edited by cbdoubleu, 03 May 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#190 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

No, fans do not have to support the team because you say so. The players don't read CDC. It's a two-way street anyways, if they're playing like garbage people are going to take notice and call them out on it. And please, quit listing all the accolades won in 2010-11. One season in the middle of a bunch of first and second round exits. I love this team, but 2010-11 is not the standard. It's an anomaly.

Hart Memorial Trophy Henrik Sedin 2009–10

Art Ross Trophy Henrik Sedin 2009–10

Jack Adams Award Alain Vigneault 2006–07

Good thing you double checked before posting.

You are right. Let's boo Lou while hes in net. If Edler does a drop pass, start booing.

Go cheer for Edmonton, you waste of skin.

Edited by Captain Hindsight, 03 May 2013 - 11:22 AM.

hindsight5.jpg

#191 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

You are right. Let's boo Lou while hes in net. If Edler does a drop pass, start booing.

Henrik had a great year, sure. AV won the Jack Adams on Luongo's back. I'm not clueless to those awards, but it doesn't change that 2010-11 is the anomaly surrounded by a bunch of 1st/2nd round exits.

Did I say boo Luongo? No, I'm pissed off that the team is giving up on the guy. He deserves so much better than this garbage, he's the best damn goalie we've ever had. As for the Edler drop pass: yes, please, boo it. Make both him and the coaches know that it's a stupid play that doesn't work.

I'll be staying put, but thanks for the offer.
Posted Image

#192 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Remember how to score some goals. We were one of the top scoring teams in the NHL and now we can't score more than 1 goal per game?
Kassian has to get some dirty goals from in front of the net.
Shutting the other team down is great but it is equally important to go on the offence and 'take the shot'. Forget the pretty play, shoot and go to the net.
Finish your checks and get mean in front of our net. Make them pay the price for standing in front. Luongo should start whacking a few ankles too to keep them honest.
Let Kesler and the Sedins go score the goals and leave the 'shutdown' assignment to the third line.
Don't try and sit on a 1 goal lead after the 1st period because sooner or later they are going to bury you.

#193 winter

winter

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

THEY'RE GROWN MEN WHO MAKE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS LOL
NHL is a business, they make money of us and if we're angry or mad at there performence we have the right now show it

#194 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Shoot the puck from any angle and crash the net for rebounds. Ugly goals count too and will probably be how we win

Keep up the physical game (Great first two period but only 3 hits in the 3rd? Come on man)

Tighten up on in zone coverage

Out faceoff the Sharks, Sharks won 57% of the draws in game 1

Sedins need to produce

#195 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

Game 4, with nothing to lose, I say all the Canucks crash the net so hard that Neimi pulls himself from the game.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#196 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Put the puck in their net not ours.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.