Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DownUndaCanuck

Positives Going Into Game 3

126 posts in this topic

We were up 3-0 against the Hawks. (This was also when the Canucks were literally the best team in the NHL by miles..) It went to 7 games.

Canucks were up 2-0 against the Bruins... We lost in 7.

Is it possible? Yes, of course. Tonight, we were like 5 cm of winning it and tying the series. Do i want them to win? Not really, i want them to lose so changes will be made.

Biggest positive (aside from any and everything related to Kesler) is the physical play. The sharks may be bigger and stronger but they're taking heck of a lot of punishment out there and not giving much back. Also the determination and the will to win is clearly there from most of the guys. We need Edler and Alberts to step up the physical play. We need the twins to put the puck in the net.

The only positive im taking out of this is: we smashed Chicago and went up 3-0 but somehow they forced game 7.

Simple changes that need to be made:

Get Burrows off the top line. He's being held to the perimeter far too easily and the Sedins aren't getting to the center of the ice. These guys need a change, and Kassian is the sort of player they need. In the few seconds he gets with the Sedins after a penalty kill, that line dominates. No one can knock Kassian off the puck, and he gets hard to the front of the net whereas Burrows is handled so easily by defencemen. Of course Burrows has the reputation to take stupid penalties (his fault or not) which is hurting that line even more.

Meanwhile our 3rd line is pathetic and needs a change-up as well. Time to go with something like this AV:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Burrows - Roy - Raymond

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito/Ebbett/whoever else we can find

We have played well not sold on Raymond though

Sedins-burr

Higgins kesler Hansan

Kassian roy lapierre

Raymond ebbett weise

You really think there are positives? we are going to be swept and go full rebuild mode for the next 5 decades

Positives...only two more games with AV at the helm.

AV will be fired after two more losses.

Optimism!

ebbett and raymond need to go back to ahl bunch of hacks

Kesler looked really angry at the end of that game... Kesler is going to go into beast mode 2.0.... lets hope its enough.

You really think there are positives? we are going to be swept and go full rebuild mode for the next 5 decades

Do i want them to win? Not really, i want them to lose so changes will be made.

But if they won, then changes wouldn't need to be made. Not too smart.

The only thing i liked in this game, besides Lu's performance, is tht Weise and Ebbett played less than 4 min ;)