The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Game Quotes - Thornton 'Lucky we didn't have to play Luo'

The Magician

For the Sharks, was there ever a turning point in the series?  I remember when we played the Hawks, they were getting flat out dominated by the us until the 2nd period of game 4 when they scored two quick goals and suddenly they gained a huge level of confidence.  It took a long time for us to wrestle the momentum away from them.

I have a question to everyone who thinks Hank is doing a bang up job of being captain. Do you want to keep watching this team lose? Do you enjoy watching them skate around without any direction, confidence, heart or desire to win? If you are okay with watching a team full of players going through the motions then by all means leave Hank as Captain! I on the other hand am sick of it everyone keeps wondering what is wrong well the problems are glaringly obvious this team had NO leadership. The coach is mostly to blame for this but so is Hank. Its a captain's job to provide the team with with leadership when it matters most! All hank is doing is patting them on the back. Vancouver needs a guy who will stand up and tell it like it is not someone who thinks a 5-2 blow out was a good 'try'. Kesler has stepped to the plate, he plays with heart and we all saw in game 2 how he can motivate a team to be better! Yes he does have flaws (would it hurt him to pass) but when it really counts he steps up and takes charge. Kes is being more captain like than Hank is right now. Y'all want changes, want a message sent to the players well taking hank's C away and giving it to Kes sends a message loud and clear! It is no longer ok to skate around without heart or direction in the playoffs. The window is closing (might be already closed) the canucks need to FIGHT not bow down and admit defeat!

I'm really going to miss Luo. He's gone through so much these last few years, yet he's been nothing but class the entire time. He's played his heart out, and he's been nothing but supportive when it came to Cory.

Pure class, and a great goalie.

Just watched the video again and you're right. It wasn't 5-hole. It was glove side but still equally crappy. The other 2 were not much better. I'm betting you'd have thought they were weak if it'd been Luo who let them in.

And by "he was falling" on the 4th goal, I assume you meat the shooter because Cory wasn't. He had a clear view and plenty of room to make the save, he just didn't. (In his defense, his D sucked on that one too.)

As for the 5th, it was a nice shot....from back at the faceoff circle after the shooter paused a full second before taking the shot.

Beyond that, sorry to hear that your language skills were so overly taxed by my previous post that you couldn't be bothered to read it. I'm guessing it's far easier to disregard opinions if you never bother to find out what they are.

Archived