The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

White Noise Canucks Talk

Guest Gumballthechewy

Thoughts on Vrbata signing? Personally love it.

Would have preferred Eriksson (though as Castiel pointed out that would have been a challenge to get him). Otherwise, it's a good term, he's a good player and he will help bridge the gap with our developing youth (and the loss of Kesler's points).

So looks like so far:

Sedin, Sedin, Virbata

Burrows/Jensen, Bonino, Kassian

Higgins, Mathias, Vey/Burrows

Curious to see how they fix the PMD conundrum now....

Thoughts on who they might target?

Bobby Sanguinetti :lol:

Do you think we even have room on our roster to bring in another defender? We've got Edler, Hamhuis, Sbsia, Bieksa, and Stanton already. Then we have Tanev and Weber sitting as RFAs. Do you think Stanton gets pushed down to the 7th spot, or do you feel there's a trade coming with one of our defencemen as a piece?

yeah i went back and check, then edited it out...

i mean... why you changing my post :P

I agree with your point though, about a trade probably coming. We'd be cutting it awfully close to the cap with Tanev, Kassian, Vey, and Weber needing contracts, if it would even be possible to sign all of them.

I still have a gut feeling that Tanev is on his way out.

Bobby Sanguinetti :lol:

Do you think we even have room on our roster to bring in another defender? We've got Edler, Hamhuis, Sbsia, Bieksa, and Stanton already. Then we have Tanev and Weber sitting as RFAs. Do you think Stanton gets pushed down to the 7th spot, or do you feel there's a trade coming with one of our defencemen as a piece?

I see a trade.

Hamhuis, Bieksa/Tanev

Edler, PMD

Sbisa, Tanev/Bieksa/Corrado

Stanton, Weber

Personally to my eyes Tanev doesn't fit in that group. He should be playing in that top 4 spot but he's not a PMD. He's also soon to be making too much money to be playing third pairing (where he's far more likely to land vs Bieksa on 1st pairing IMO).

With the log jam at 3rd now and they need to get some youth into this lineup there has to be a trade coming up.

I'm horrible at proposals but what do you guys think about this

Win:

Hansen

Van:

Breden Kitchon

3rd

The kid is a bit undersized and was a late draft pick but he has some serious potential to be a puck moving defenseman

He'll be 34 years old at the start of next season. He's in sharp decline. He's probably the second best goaltender on our roster right now. Oh, and he's taking up $6M of cap space for the next 3 seasons.

Miller is a lot better than Lack. Lol. 3 years isn't bad and I have to pay extra for short term bud.

If you have an issue go cry in a pillow wuss.

Archived