The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much did YOU spend?

africaboombutta

200 or so on a jersey and NHL Center Ice(only way to get nucks games in Cali). My brother probably spent 100 on gifts he gave me and my step-son. Can't complain but I am glad I didn't go to the Nucks @ Ducks game here in Anaheim at the end of the season though.

I spent almost 25,000 and let me tell ya, after watching Kelly Sutherland the other night I will never spend another nickel on this garbage again.

But almost More egregious than the WWE refs was the total lack of effort for almost all 48 games.

These guys couldn't even bother to put in a 60 effort for 45/48 regular season games.

Gillis better make some serious changes and Kelly Sutherland should never

be allowed to referee another Vancouver game for the rest of his worthless crooked life.

NHL lockout helped me not spend a dime.

I got 6 months free cable that started game two of the season.. First game was streamed online.

So I think legally I took money From them.......

I don't think much about it though .

Also to the people spending 20k + on tickets etc..

That is half of my net income for a year....

Almost as much as my truck that takes me 5 years to pay off.... I wish I could just shrug off 20k a year for entertainment. But even if I could I don't think I would .

But it also sucks for me that the only time I will ever see a game is If I get to go because I my work sends me.

I'm surprised to se how little money the people on cdc has spent om hockey, i thought many of you at least went to a couple of games a year. As for me i've spent ca 50$ on a jersey and the nhl-package 24$ a month. I live in Sweden so it's impossible for me to watch the games live at Rogers.

$15 on beer when I went to the pub to watch the final 2 periods of Game 1 against the Sharks.

I didn't spend the money on the Canucks, but I wouldn't have spent the money if it weren't for the Canucks.

Oh, and $20 in (another) lost bet with my uncle-in-law over whose team will go further in the playoffs.

Bet ya can't guess what his favourite team is....f*n' Boston. 5 years in a row now.

In terms of economics and oppertunity cost, we all have spent a significant amount on the canucks. Although most of us spend barely anything in term of cash, we spent our time and whatever we could do during the time while we are watching the games. So imagine that for every three hourse you spent watching the games, you can use that time to work or do some other things more productive. If we calculate with the minimum wage, we spent around $24 per game since that is what we would've earned if we worked instead of watching the game with minimum wage. So yeah, the management do own us "paying customers".

I've generated a lot of ad revenue for them, both online and from watching every game.

Haven't spent much since the 2004-05 lockout and the NHL's treatment of Todd Bertuzzi, I've been to a few games but didn't buy the tickets, also bought a jersey but it was a fake one so they didn't get any $. I also cost them some merchandise money at training camp a few years back, I bought a hat for $30, sure enough when they hand it to me it says $25 under the brim (sticker was from Authentix), so I made sure to tell everyone in the lineup behind me about that on my way out, and about a half dozen people abandoned the line.

Just to put that in perspective, before the 2004-05 lockout I was going to 7-8 games per season, and bought a new jersey from Authentix every year. I will always support the team and the players on the team, but I have been done supporting the NHL financially for quite some time. If they continue as a league and continue to make good money, well, good for them, but it'll have to be others who fund them because it won't be me. I'm happy to cheer, and I love the team, but its all passion and no cash-in from me now.

Archived