The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

List of 2013 Free Agents you want

Canucks FTW!!!

This list will probably grow by about 20 players or so after the buyouts and not all bought out players will be useless some will just be coming off bad contracts. For instance if Booth is bought out he would easily get a contract somewhere else at about $2M per.

Next season will be defined by what we get back in a Luongo trade.

If we get scraps and crappy picks then we're gonna have a tough time filling holes.

Even if we just get really good third and fourth line players, I'm fine with that as long as they're young. We just need to get something back that can fill the holes on the roster. Because Luongo is our biggest trading asset right now.

Same goes for Booth and Ballard. If we can trade them for good bottom 6 players, it will be a win.

The top 6 is going to have to be filled through a seperate trade though because I don't think any of these players can fetch decent top 6 players.

Morrow is done.

MacArthur brings us nothing that we dont already have up and down the lineup.

Ribiero is a bigger diver than anyone on our team.

Penner for $2m or less, he's so slow now.

Stalberg doesn't bring us much we dont have

Dupuis is old and will retire a Penguin

Clarkson is gritty and good, I'd prefer him over Clowe who is slow and fails to create on his own.

Screw signing free agents. I want to see some young players in the Canucks lineup next year. Gaunce as a 3rd line centre, maybe Lain as a 4th line centre (depending on how well he does at camp), Jensen on the wing, Corrado and Tanev on the blue line, Mallet on the 4th, give Sauve a game or two, Schroeder (if he doesn't get traded), a young guy that we would get in the Lu trade, etc. I want to see some young guns in the Canucks lineup next year. We need an injection of youth and we need to start developing our rookies at the NHL level.

It seems like everyone on this board seems to think Torres is some sort of god, some sort big game changer. I mean if he is that a good a player and a 'game breaker' why weren't there 29 other teams wanting him at the the trade deadline? or when he was a FA, the guy is a solid 3rd line player, nothing more nothing less, quit acting like he's going to be a game changer for us cuz he's not.

I have it on good authority that Shawn matthias from Florida wants to come here... I hope he can be part of the loungo deal. He's still a rfa, if we wanted him via free agency we'd need to wait a year. He'd be a great fit in a canucks sweater

Archived