The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hourly Wage Question

Horny Manatee

Hey guys,

When I was 17 years old making $10 an hour seemed like a good wage.

When I was 21, $19 seemed good.

Now I'm 25ish and making just under $31 and I don't know what to think. Is that a decent wage for an unmarried bachelor?

Will I feel differently when I'm 35?

I live in Vancouver and live a humble lifestyle. I was never a fan of money.

Hey guys,

When I was 17 years old making $10 an hour seemed like a good wage.

When I was 21, $19 seemed good.

Now I'm 25ish and making just under $31 and I don't know what to think. Is that a decent wage for an unmarried bachelor?

Will I feel differently when I'm 35?

I live in Vancouver and live a humble lifestyle. I was never a fan of money.

For an unmarried bachleor I'd say that's pretty good. Better than a lot of people out there, that's for sure. I can't fathom how anyone with a mortgage and bills can really get ahead with making less than $30 an hour.

For an unmarried bachleor I'd say that's pretty good. Better than a lot of people out there, that's for sure. I can't fathom how anyone with a mortgage and bills can really get ahead with making less than $30 an hour.

Some part of your question is asking whether or not you make good money for a 25 year old, I'm sure. But if you're trying to find out if you are paid less/the same/more than other people in similar jobs - you would need to give us more details. What industry are you in / what job are you doing?

$60,000 per year is generally decent money; but as others have pointed out, it depends on your expenses (mortgage, student loans, etc).

Archived