The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was letting Raymond walk a mistake?

мeтpо

It all depends on the asking price for me. He hasn't earned the same contract he got last time.

But if he's willing to accept that, I think that he incorporated the Canucks' struggles during the last years and for the right price, he should get the chance to make things right. It would be a chance for the Canucks, too.

well he is better overall than seguin or many other players i could name..he can skate and make plays..talent just not maxed out yet..he should be signed.on another team hewill get many points..canucks have not coached him well thusa

far thats all.

well he is better overall than seguin or many other players i could name..he can skate and make plays..talent just not maxed out yet..he should be signed.on another team hewill get many points..canucks have not coached him well thusa

far thats all.

It all depends on the asking price for me. He hasn't earned the same contract he got last time.

But if he's willing to accept that, I think that he incorporated the Canucks' struggles during the last years and for the right price, he should get the chance to make things right. It would be a chance for the Canucks, too.

Yes we signed Higgins, and with that, Raymond really didn't fit here anymore. I don't agree with the choice, and it's impossible to say whether Higgy would have a job yet if the roles were reversed.

Raymond made great passes all year, don't know where people get the idea he is a bad playmaker. His "falling down" is a 2011 trait that has carried over in the minds of many fans, but it was the Sedins and Burr who where more noticeably on their butt this past year.

While Higgins looks to be more of a "grinder" and "zomg battlez so harzzdssz!!", he has been utterly abused along the boards by the Sharks and Kings these last 2 playoffs. His passing often lands on the tape of opponents forwards in our own end when under pressure. Raymond looks dangerous vs larger teams, Higgins turns from the hardest worker on the ice, to a turnover machine.

The same problem applies to Bieksa. People here complained about AV's perceived dog house. But AV has nothing on the fans here. Once they turn on a player all they will do is focus on any negative they can find. The Canuck fan doghouse is the toughest to ever get out of.

Unfortunately no, he disappears every year once the trade deadline passes. It's a shame as 3 years ago he was on all the trade list demands and the Canucks kept him rather than Grabner, for reasons dissected to death on this forum.

Pulled for him after the hit from behind but its time to move on. Even John Shorthouse makes jokes during play by play about Raymond falling down.

Hope he lands somewhere and gets his game back.

Despite that Baggins, most of CDC were wetting their pants at his performances in the first half of the season before AV started DICKING him around and using him to cover for Kassian and other deadweights.

When will people on here realise that when Raymond is put on a line with a passer and a chance taker he is a top performer. I have a feeling that Torts would use him like that and he would light up.

I doubt we would have made the playoffs this year if Raymond hadn't compensated for all the "no shows" at the start of the season.

I think it's pretty clear that if 29 other GMs thought Raymond would help their team, he would be signed by now. He's not asking for big money. He's looking for around 2.5m. No assets need to be given up, this is a straight up UFA signing.

If no ones is biting, it tells you his stock is pretty low. That being said, NHL GMs are like sheep that act late in the stock market. When there's hype, they overpay and when there is no hype, they try to get things for free (i.e. Luongo)

I think MG should work really hard to sign him for around 1.3 and give MayRay a 2 or 3 year deal. He just may take it.

Also if roles were reversed and Higgins was the perimeter player that constantly fell, we'd be driving Higgins to the airport.

lol untapped potential.

He's gonna turn 28 in September. Players between 18-22 (maybe 24) are considering "having potential", at 28 you should be at your peak. Insated Raymond has declined the last few years.

There is a difference between potential and wishful thinking and you clearly don't know the difference.

He's not good enough to be a top 6 players and doesn't fit as a 3rd line player either.

gotta move on people.

Raymond is a huge asset to this team, those of you who don't think so will have a rude awakening when we have to play against him. there are only a couple of players on this team that adapt to new lines as well as mayray has. he has improved offence and defence of each line he was put on. one of the reasons av is out of a job is the misuse of players like mayray and Hansen.

A couple seasons ago when Raymond hit 25G, 53PTS, he looked like a guy that was going to take the next step and be a threat for 30G, 70+ points. It's obvious now that those numbers are probably his high-water mark. He should still be a 20 goal guy and get top 6 time on another team, but he doesn't bring any size or toughness, and we need to upgrade in that area.

Well they tried to let him walk... then he turned to waive while getting into the cab and fell over. The cab driver leaned down to help and he fell over. He tried to put his suitcase in the cab trunk and missed. Last I checked he was still trying to get to YVR...

The same problem applies to Bieksa. People here complained about AV's perceived dog house. But AV has nothing on the fans here. Once they turn on a player all they will do is focus on any negative they can find. The Canuck fan doghouse is the toughest to ever get out of.

Archived