The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Healthy Kesler

elvis15

Kesler talked at great length about how he's worked on the mental side of his game over the summer. He's focused on not playing with as much emotion and avoiding the types of situations he has put himself in in the past where he got injured.

In an earlier post you suggested we take a look at the past to try and explain Kes' future behavior. This makes sense to me to, but the results are entirely opposite of what you suggest. Kesler rarely misses games if you look at his total NHL career:

Kesler has had nine full pro seasons (1 AHL, 8 NHL).

Year 1: Missed 4 games

Year 2: Full season

Year 3: Missed 34 games

Year 4: Missed 2 games

Year 5: Full season

Year 6: Full season

Year 7: Full season

Year 8: Missed five games

Year 9: Missed 31 games

So, in total, Kes has missed an average of 8 regular season games per year. If you exclude last year, he averaged 5 missed regular season games.

Injuries that have derailed an entire season appear to be the exception, not the rule for Kesler.

I'm just presenting evidence that he his past isn't as injury prone as people argue, given that he's played a number of full seasons as a pro. Not sure what you're trying to do, other than make claims with, not only no evidence to support it, but in fact made in the presence of evidence that suggests that opposite.

If it were me, I'd feel pretty sheepish to say someone has been plagued by injury in the past and then have actual evidence indicating the exact opposite.

He is so totally committed to this thing...really pulling for him to have a great year. Had a moment at camp where he took a hit a little awkwardly...I winced in seeing him do so. He is so invaluable to this team and when he's off, it has a trickle down effect.

A true professional athlete in every sense of the word. He's up there in my top 3.

He is not "injury prone"....he plays a really hard, physical style that involves risk of injury as a result. He's fully engaged in the trenches and not on the perimeter. Happens. Injury prone is picking up a cracker stuff....

Give it up, Nino. DBTR's stats back it up.

Year 1: Missed 4 games

Year 2: Full season

Year 3: Missed 34 games

Year 4: Missed 2 games

Year 5: Full season

Year 6: Full season

Year 7: Full season

Year 8: Missed five games

Year 9: Missed 31 games

What part don't you get?

Archived