The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres/Cody Hodgson Talk

Merci

With the way this insanity is trending lately, I'm half expecting an "AV is 1-2 to start the season!" thread soon.......

We don't need to beat down cody, move on. The trade happened, i'm sure we'll be happy with Kassian.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure this is exactly comparable to how Calgary fans are saying Shinkurak has character issues conveniently after we drafted him.

"For some reason" Hodgson was in the crease? lol. Um, did you even watch the goal or are you just repeating another rumour you figured sounded good?

http://www.nhl.com/g...p?id=2013020041

If you take off the blinders, open your eyes really really big, and actually look at the recap, you'll notice a few things.... Like you'll notice how Hodgson was in the crease in the moments before the goal (not actually during) because he was covering his man and was in fact the only Sabre who was covering anyone...

Heck, if you look super close, you'll notice that while Hodgson was doing his job on Filppula, it was Weber still in the crease covering no one (other than his own goalie's chance to slide over) and Myers lost behind the net by himself altogether while his guy, Killorn, danced out front uncovered and scored the game winner.

But hey, if you wanna keep the blinders on just go with the theory that Hodgson is such a god among men that it's somehow his fault that Weber ended up blocking out his own goalie and Myers got lost in la-la land altogether, well go for it I guess. Just don't count on getting a play-by-play job any time soon ;)

I am so disappointed in Weber this year. He has taken a huge step back in his play. Myers on the other hand, I totally expected him to suck again this year. Ever since he got his large contract he has been complacent. It's a good thing that he didn't get a leadership role that I was hoping that he would get.

I dunno... I mean, I get you on the being disappointed in the d guys for sure, and Myers in particular looks so lost half the time that it'd be easy to pin his -4 square on him, but he's not the only one who is either outright struggling or otherwise not kicking it up a gear... What I'm seeing, anyway, are vets looking sullen while floating aimlessly and newbs increasingly flying aimlessly... Is it possible that there's a coaching gap, some sort of disconnect? Rolston is kinda raw at this level.

I just re-read my post. I meant it's a good thing that Weber didn't get an A. I knew Myers wouldn't get one.

To answer your question though, I'm starting to wonder if the majority of vets are just dogging it knowing that the team is going nowhere this year. It's perplexing. I think only the people in the locker room know for sure.

You might be right about Rolston. Nearly his whole career has been teaching the game to the young. On the plus side that's exactly what the team needs right now. On the negative side, that means that this season is going nowhere fast and next season may not be much better.

Hopefully this upcoming draft will have a strong Top 5.

I'm suddenly thinking that may have been the team's entire strategy - put Myers and Weber together and presto, guaranteed top 5 in the draft!

Seriously, I realize the disgruntled CDC fan likes to bash Hodgson's defensive game as matter of routine, but neither Hodgson or Vanek seem to be able to catch a break with the Myers/Weber duet. Already tonight, end of 1st period, Myers and Weber are -3 three each - in a 1-3 fricken game!

It's not Hodgson or Vanek that are the major messes, it's just been them getting the brunt of things until tonight where at least the forwards are spreading around the pain being dished out by Myers and Weber. Incredible.

Archived