#1 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

http://www.world-act...otally-worth-it

You know, what's it worth if you can't be a decent human being, at least once in a while.

The only one of these that really got me was no. 11 for some reason although the kitten one is hard to ignore. I just don't know if the soldier was really doing it any favors.

a true Brazilian will never give up until things are totally screwed..." -aeromotacanucks

#2 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Always nice to see these, but unfortunately for every 20 photos that restore my faith I'm humanity, you can find 200 that remind me otherwise.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#3 Blue90

Blue90

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

POPULAR

Always nice to see these, but unfortunately for every 20 photos that restore my faith I'm humanity, you can find 200 that remind me otherwise.

Posted Image
*** WetBreasts is gonna make it Crew ***

#4 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,843 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

6, 7, 16, and 20 I love.

A few years back there was a girl who was panhandling on the street. A woman walked up, said she works with social services. She offered to call them for her, and give her directions on where to go to get help so she'd be off the street. The girl kept refusing and just asking for money. I've offered food to panhandlers, only to be told "I just want money.".

I was in Chicago in February in 2002, a homeless guy was selling charity newspapers for a dollar, it was a program that if they sold so many papers (Which had info on homelessness, programs etc.) they would give him a place for the night. He just has to sell his last paper, and It had to be -30 and he was actually doing "work". My ex-gf and I gave the poor guy $20. He grabbed both our hands, said a prayer in thanks. And went off. Best $20 I spent in my life.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 27 October 2013 - 10:57 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#5 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

Heh

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#6 Joseph StaIin

Joseph StaIin

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Where did my faith go and why does it need restoring?

Edited by Joseph StaIin, 27 October 2013 - 11:58 AM.

Posted Image

#7 CatsPajamas

CatsPajamas

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

If humanity didn't suck so much half these photos would have never happened.

Sends a good message to those women trying to claw at him in scrums...

#8 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,816 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

If only pictures were all it took to restore my faith

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#9 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Just watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Makes you proud to be a human.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#10 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

lmfao that's terrible
Posted Image

#11 Lil B From The Pack

Lil B From The Pack

WWE Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Just watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Makes you proud to be a human.

I like this guy.

#12 pianoman13

pianoman13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

for me number 9 did it. I used to do track and field so maybe thats why it hits home a bit more

No videos in sig please. 

#13 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

I hope that cyclist didn't keep the bottle after giving it to the koala :sick:

Haha, other than that it's good stuff, but what would be even better is if these pictures could become things each of us did for the people in our surroundings and midst as well. :)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#14 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

At the Alice in Chains concert at Deer Lake park this year a few guys lifted a guy above their heads in a wheel chair and walked him right to the front of the mosh pit. It was cool to see

qrak1x.jpg

#15 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

I hope that cyclist didn't keep the bottle after giving it to the koala :sick:

Haha, other than that it's good stuff, but what would be even better is if these pictures could become things each of us did for the people in our surroundings and midst as well. :)

I remember this news story. It was in the midst of a terrible heat wave and the koalas were actually approaching people for help.

a true Brazilian will never give up until things are totally screwed..." -aeromotacanucks

#16 MillerGenuineDraft

MillerGenuineDraft

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Posted Image

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhaahhahahaha
MILLERGENUINEDRAFT

#17 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

Its easy to feel like losing faith in humanity when all the news outlets sell fear and misery 24/7. "was a nice day, the flowers smelled great" doesnt get viewers or sell newspapers. Death and destruction does.

Dont let that get you down we live in a world of wonder and its an amazing time to be alive. Sounds ridiculous but its true. My parents were both born in Europe during WWII. London England and Bremen Germany. Both cities were bombed heavily during the most destructive period of the history of the world. Tell them "the good old days" were better than now and they will laugh in your face.

Posted Image

#18 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Generous acts, but there's far more jerk-offs in the world than those who mean well.

Acts like people helping restore downtown after riots, opening households in times of natural disaster crisis' etc. restore my faith in humanity.

Not taking anything away from the acts that are shown or those people

#19 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,816 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

Its easy to feel like losing faith in humanity when all the news outlets sell fear and misery 24/7. "was a nice day, the flowers smelled great" doesnt get viewers or sell newspapers. Death and destruction does.

Dont let that get you down we live in a world of wonder and its an amazing time to be alive. Sounds ridiculous but its true. My parents were both born in Europe during WWII. London England and Bremen Germany. Both cities were bombed heavily during the most destructive period of the history of the world. Tell them "the good old days" were better than now and they will laugh in your face.

In every age 'the good old days' were a myth. No one ever thought they were good at the time. For every age has consisted of crises that seemed intolerable to the people who lived through them.
Brooks Atkinson

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#20 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Where did my faith go and why does it need restoring?

Not you Joseph Stalin, you're a beacon of Hope and a veritable vibration of Goodness in this dark and gruesome world. You big silly.No, Iím the guy that posted the puppy beating article that traumatized so many and felt I owed the masses of the down trodden and neglected a reminder that there are still people like yourself around.

#21 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Why did I get teary seeing these?
Usually its only 2011 highlights that do that to me.

OXwjSoG.gif

#22 HTania

HTania

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Generous acts, but there's far more jerk-offs in the world than those who mean well.

Acts like people helping restore downtown after riots, opening households in times of natural disaster crisis' etc. restore my faith in humanity.

Not taking anything away from the acts that are shown or those people

Agree. We need a better world.

#23 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,734 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Be the change you want to see in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.