The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

20 Photos to Restore Your Faith

nucklehead

http://www.world-actuality.com/index.php/people/671-these-20-photos-are-going-to-make-you-cry-but-you-ll-see-why-it-s-totally-worth-it

You know, what's it worth if you can't be a decent human being, at least once in a while.

The only one of these that really got me was no. 11 for some reason although the kitten one is hard to ignore. I just don't know if the soldier was really doing it any favors.

6, 7, 16, and 20 I love.

A few years back there was a girl who was panhandling on the street. A woman walked up, said she works with social services. She offered to call them for her, and give her directions on where to go to get help so she'd be off the street. The girl kept refusing and just asking for money. I've offered food to panhandlers, only to be told "I just want money.".

I was in Chicago in February in 2002, a homeless guy was selling charity newspapers for a dollar, it was a program that if they sold so many papers (Which had info on homelessness, programs etc.) they would give him a place for the night. He just has to sell his last paper, and It had to be -30 and he was actually doing "work". My ex-gf and I gave the poor guy $20. He grabbed both our hands, said a prayer in thanks. And went off. Best $20 I spent in my life.

I hope that cyclist didn't keep the bottle after giving it to the koala :sick:

Haha, other than that it's good stuff, but what would be even better is if these pictures could become things each of us did for the people in our surroundings and midst as well. :)

I hope that cyclist didn't keep the bottle after giving it to the koala :sick:

Haha, other than that it's good stuff, but what would be even better is if these pictures could become things each of us did for the people in our surroundings and midst as well. :)

I remember this news story. It was in the midst of a terrible heat wave and the koalas were actually approaching people for help.

Its easy to feel like losing faith in humanity when all the news outlets sell fear and misery 24/7. "was a nice day, the flowers smelled great" doesnt get viewers or sell newspapers. Death and destruction does.

Dont let that get you down we live in a world of wonder and its an amazing time to be alive. Sounds ridiculous but its true. My parents were both born in Europe during WWII. London England and Bremen Germany. Both cities were bombed heavily during the most destructive period of the history of the world. Tell them "the good old days" were better than now and they will laugh in your face.

Generous acts, but there's far more jerk-offs in the world than those who mean well.

Acts like people helping restore downtown after riots, opening households in times of natural disaster crisis' etc. restore my faith in humanity.

Not taking anything away from the acts that are shown or those people

Its easy to feel like losing faith in humanity when all the news outlets sell fear and misery 24/7. "was a nice day, the flowers smelled great" doesnt get viewers or sell newspapers. Death and destruction does.

Dont let that get you down we live in a world of wonder and its an amazing time to be alive. Sounds ridiculous but its true. My parents were both born in Europe during WWII. London England and Bremen Germany. Both cities were bombed heavily during the most destructive period of the history of the world. Tell them "the good old days" were better than now and they will laugh in your face.

In every age 'the good old days' were a myth. No one ever thought they were good at the time. For every age has consisted of crises that seemed intolerable to the people who lived through them.

Brooks Atkinson

Where did my faith go and why does it need restoring?

Not you Joseph Stalin, you're a beacon of Hope and a veritable vibration of Goodness in this dark and gruesome world. You big silly.No, I’m the guy that posted the puppy beating article that traumatized so many and felt I owed the masses of the down trodden and neglected a reminder that there are still people like yourself around.

Archived