The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Hunter Shinkaruk, How He Nearly Missed Out On Being a Canuck

Alex the Great

I actually believe him. We've heard about a few other close calls where gillis was super lucky to have had the deal fall through. I don't trust gillis with trades one bit

Gilman was saying after the Roy trade that we are going all in...

If true it shows how MG is doing the right thing now. Look what we lost last year, A d man who was our best offensive d and a second round pick for nothing. I'm happy MG said he won't trade picks anymore because unless your getting crosby or toews level players in a trade they won't make much of a difference to this team. We have seen it in the past not just with MG but it seems teams always have to win the trade with us then they'll agree to do it otherwise they never pull the trigger.

This makes MG's job very difficult and I can understand why he hasn't acquired a top 6 forward or a sedins linemate because other teams are fleecing him with their proposals(Tampa asked that we offer bieksa,burrows+1st at draft for their pick as nucks wanted to draft hedman) and just like he says "If we become of a better team because of a trade only then will it be accepted".

Look at the versteeg deal, steeger was struggling with cats so he got traded now watch him do well in chicago we all know that hawks won the trade even before steeg plays a game. The canucks since the early 90s haven't had the luxury of getting good offers from other teams so it makes hard to acquire that elusive top 6 forward.

That's why MG is smart with his reset on not doing trades for rentals anymore; he is smarter than most of us realize. Whenever I see someone flaming MG for one of his mistakes I think how foolish of them cause without MG this team would not even be competing for a playoff spot. Remember guys thats where our team was before he came in here and righted the ship.

Until MG trades the sedins for a 7th round pick I will say hes a good gm best we ever had considering the tough circumstances we have had to go through.

Look what we lost last year, A d man who was our best offensive d and a second round pick for nothing

Connauton has played one I repeat one game this season for Dallas. He is not injured. Roy has 5 goals and 6 assists for St L....that's the same as Santorelli of Richardson. Plus we picked up Stanton for free from the waiver wire. Who would you want Stanton or Connauton, I know who I believe is the better D. Connauton is going no where he can't play defense to save his life. We lost a second round pick in an attempt to bolster a glaring weakness at centre before we started in the play-offs. It was the right move and likely the only one he could make.....he tried, at least he tried. They showed what they thought of Roy in the summer, but they still had to try and he did

It's sad, but if it where anyone with credibility, i might actually believe it. Time after time, Botchford has proven that he has no sources. Everything he writes aren't confirmed by anyone, and sometimes get completely shut down by other more people that are a lot more credible. It's simple though. He's a hockey journalist. He doesn't have any inside sources. The Thornton incident just showed how little connections that Botchford had. He had none. Then he has to nerve to go against Lebrun, who is one of the best in the business and is actually good friends with Thornton. What a joke.

He isn't a hockey journalist, he's essentially a smarmy blogger like Perez Hilton.

Removed...unsubstantiated hearsay.

Why one earth would any one do this, what grade are you in, childish antics. You may be upset at his journalistic skill but why would you make it a personel insult. If this is your journalistic skills on display maybe have a plan "B" is my suggestion

Why one earth would any one do this, what grade are you in, childish antics. You may be upset at his journalistic skill but why would you make it a personel insult. If this is your journalistic skills on display maybe have a plan "B" is my suggestion

Fox News or CNN for Plan B? :P

Well in terms of offensive production, I too think Shinkaruk will thrive in that area in comparison to Horvat; in terms of all around play...... probably Horvat because that's what we got him for.

Yeah I was talking offence when I made the comment, Horvat will be the better all-around player for sure.

Now, just imagine getting swept in the playoffs with that stiff Clowe and then imagine seeing Shinkaruk, or whomever San Jose picked in that deep, deep draft, sniping pucks four a games a season in three years.

- Botchford

It's funny how Botch really shows here that he's much like CDC. He's probably one of us in disguise. I thought Gallagher was bad. This article's almost as if a 10 year old wrote it. Simply unprofessional.

Archived