The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 5)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Agree with the majority.

On a side note, if any team wants/is in need of some young potential-full centres, the Sharks are here for you. Have a surplus, a complete log jam of centres on the pro squad as is and then some with the prospects of which are some top end talent. Even have Petan playing wing on the NHL roster, it's just crazy. Anyways so yea, I'm open to trading away a centre youngster for a similar/equal winger or dman in return, basically just a swap of positional players. Available centres in no particular order:

- Nic Petan

http://cdcsimleague.com/player.php?player=1964

- Patrick Karlsson

http://cdcsimleague.com/player.php?player=1976

- Chris Tierney (uncreated)

Offensive machine, property of the London Knights under Dale Hunter. Chris is not a guy I'd be keen on giving up but will accept offers.

- Jan Kovac (uncreated and EHM)

Was ranked in the top 5 I believe in last years EHM player rankings for the draft.

- Robby Fabbri (uncreated)

RL player to be drafted in this years upcoming NHL draft. A projected top 15 pick.

PM me if interested.

I strongly agree with waiting until the re-rates are done.

Also, funniest post I've ever seen on CDC

That Price injury is fake.

Countless times is a goalie run into like that and with all the bloody padding there and knee flexibility with goaltenders in general, there's just no way that was a real injury. Just further rigging. Like how we lost Hamhuis to a ridiculous injury while he toppled over Lucic and so on. It's easier for Canadian teams to be shellacked by American O4 teams when they lose key players to unbelieveable injuries.

It's of little concern though. Plenty of Canadian teams this year are without playoffs anyway. They'll be rescued by having good picks in upcoming drafts... Which are also rigged to suit southern teams. D'oh!

League Announcement

Re-Rates

I have competed 642 players out of 1245. I am aiming to have this done within 2 weeks. After I finish the players I will move on to the goalies (this will be done during FA). I am re-rating every player who had a contract as of last season. I am not rating players who did not have a contract last season or before. If a player is signed during FA who didn't play last season I will look over his ratings and adjust them accordingly. I will once again allow GM's to send in 2 players they feel need to be rated differently. This PM will include myself and please give a brief explanation as to what attribute/s need to be looked at.

2016 Draft Prospects

I am in the process of creating a notepad/csv file of the draft results to import into STHS. This will be done in a few days (You will see these players in your prospects section on the website/in the STHS program under prospects once the league file is updated

Free Agency

FA is slated to start right after the ratings for the players are finished, All offers are PM'ed to SOB and myself. Please include term, money, NTC/NMC if applicable and a brief explanation as to why said player wants to play on your team.

Creating Players

Once FA starts I will allow GM's to send me there players they want to create (please sign them to an ELC first with SOB). I brought up the idea of allowing GM's to create any player in their prospect section but I have since decided I will not be allowing this, it is just to much work for myself and anyone else rating. Players eligible to be created are as follows:

2015 and earlier draft: Any pick

2016 Draft: 1st Round picks

Are we allowed to create 2016 draftees that were eligible in earlier years? Take for example, Brendan Lemieux, who was a 2014 eligible player, but drafted in our 2016 draft.

As long as they were picked in the 1st round

What about my suggestion for player positions?

I don't think I want to allow this as most of the time they don't stick to that position and I wouldn't know where to draw the line as I don't want GM's asking me to move a forward to defense and vice versa

Plus if a player has played a different position in the past there is most likely something out there that says this and you can provide me with this info so I can add it to STHS

Out of curiosity, because I'm pretty damn bored, is there the spreadsheet of all the re-rates going on right now that I can look at?

The previous 4 seasons I used google docs but this was time consuming as after I finished rating all the players I had to input each player 1 by 1 into STHS

Now I use rate all the players in Word and then save the file as a CSV, STHS allows uploads of csv files thus I can upload all players at once, it saves about a couple weeks of work

If you want you can send me your email address and I can send you the file for you to look at, this goes for anyone else who wants to see

Already have all my forwards for next year, just hoping they stay healthy.

Steen - Spezza - Kessel

Moulson - McDavid - Lupul

Prince - Matthias - Hayes

McLaren - McClement - Eaves

Also have Dal Colle in the system if he's ready, could play 3rd with prince.

Willing to move one of the forwards, or G Anderson for a dman with similar stats/age.

Karlsson/Dal Colle/McDavid/Kessel only ones not in play.

Archived