The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

He shouldn't lump the people of a city into a category because of the actions of some losers that live here. Defiling his church was pretty low, targeting his parents is even lower, but a fight in a bar in on Granville, after being blown out, is not a reason to hate Vancouver. Night time on Granville St on a weekend is pretty much where every douche in the region comes with tight shirts and shaved heads, fixin' to be complete meat heads and trying to score with chicks that have all the class of a trailer park. FYI, I've lived Mid Main St for 16 odd years, I'm not some suburb dweller who hates Vancouver. Lucic shouldn't have to defend his city, there is nothing to defend, like every big city there are going to be losers that give the majority a bad name. Vancouver may indeed have a higher percentage than other places....afterall, it does attract people from all over. I feel bad Lucic was punched in the head by some meat head with a shaved head, a tapout shirt and financed wakeboard boat, I really do, but I'm not going to apologize for my city, because my city is fine, it's some of the losers that live here that are the problem.

He shouldn't lump the people of a city into a category because of the actions of some losers that live here. Defiling his church was pretty low, targeting his parents is even lower, but a fight in a bar in on Granville, after being blown out, is not a reason to hate Vancouver. Night time on Granville St on a weekend is pretty much where every douche in the region comes with tight shirts and shaved heads, fixin' to be complete meat heads and trying to score with chicks that have all the class of a trailer park. FYI, I've lived Mid Main St for 16 odd years, I'm not some suburb dweller who hates Vancouver. Lucic shouldn't have to defend his city, there is nothing to defend, like every big city there are going to be losers that give the majority a bad name. Vancouver may indeed have a higher percentage than other places....afterall, it does attract people from all over. I feel bad Lucic was punched in the head by some meat head with a shaved head, a tapout shirt and financed wakeboard boat, I really do, but I'm not going to apologize for my city, because my city is fine, it's some of the losers that live here that are the problem.

Why? Bad things have happened to him multiple times now by Vancouver fans. He has every right to stay away from this city when people are targeting him for no reason other than being a Bruin... There's a sort of vibe in this city that is egotistical and selfish and a mob mentality which is why I moved away. Other cities are no where near like this... Vancouver is full of snobs and people like this guy and there's no denying that.

You can't keep pretending that the people perpetrating this stuff "aren't real Canucks fans" or represents some miniscule portion of the Canucks fan base. Read enough comments on CDC and you'll realize that a pretty significant number of Canucks fans think it is perfectly fine to injure and harass opposing players, inside or outside the rink. These kind of incidents give the whole city a black eye, and for good reason.

I'm not done defending this city or this team, but I am certainly done defending its fans.

The only people we should defend is ourselves, our friends and our family. Just because someone loves the Canucks as much as I do doesn't mean they are not still a total Ahole. I totally agree with you. I will add though, every city has this type of Ahole.

Because the OP was wrong and the article was by a classic Canuck-hating douchebag who's opinion doesn't matter?

If you read the piece, you'll see that it's actually pretty balanced, and basically suggests that the Canucks should embrace the hate.

But I'd forgotten that on CDC we lock threads if we don't agree with them. Which illustrates another great quality of a large portion of this fanbase: the inability to take criticism.

All I'm saying..if this was sir charles, things would have resulted differently:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1997-10-27/sports/9710270306_1_jorge-lugo-lugo-s-attorney-barkley-s-group

I've traveled the world, and Vancouver has one of the douchiest night life scenes. He should have taken care of business, finished his beer, and then went back home. Nobody would blame him for that.

p.s. this has nothing to do with being classy, it has everything to do with being a child. It's sports. You win, and you lose. We look like nothing but sore losers - move on. Enjoy the game for what is is. Grow up.

Hard to find too many "local sports heroes" who have disgraced their cities as badly as Lucic has with the domestic incident and dirty play.

Steve Fonyo. In my opinion his on ice play is not a factor, we have had faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar dirtier players on the Canucks and I'd really like you to break down this domestic incident.

Sakic was the captain of a big rival for most of his entire career. No incidents there. The reason this happened is because Lucic is a complete disgrace to the city.

In your opinion...you forgot to add that part. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, facts are facts, you can't just make those up.

If you read the piece, you'll see that it's actually pretty balanced, and basically suggests that the Canucks should embrace the hate.

But I'd forgotten that on CDC we lock threads if we don't agree with them. Which illustrates another great quality of a large portion of this fanbase: the inability to take criticism.

I answered the question correctly. The OP was a trolling attempt and nobody here cares what Mark Spector has to say about this team, good or bad. He's already proven himself a biased little worm.

But anyway, Torts had it right: Nobody cares about what clowns outside the game have to say.

I think you should add an asterix to "large portion of this fanbase". The largest portion of the fanbase doesn't go downtown and has no idea what the CDC is.

Sakic was the captain of a big rival for most of his entire career. No incidents there. The reason this happened is because Lucic is a complete disgrace to the city.

and by 90% of your comments about him, you're a complete disgrace as a Canucks fan.

It's a shame some people lack the maturity level to separate the player on the ice from the person off the ice.

Well mr goon, thanks for telling us you won't be here much. Can't really blame the people of Vancouver after you decided to go to the busiest club/bar after a blowout game to 'blow off steam'...sounds more like you were looking to get into trouble with those words but hey, it must suck not being wanted in Vancouver where you're practically born from.

You and the unprovoked attacker are the kind of fans that make the Vancouver fanbase look bad. To attack a Vancouver native physically or verbally over a game? It's shameful really.

Archived