The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Vancouver vs LA

Cucumber

Even though that shouldve been a penalty. This game isnt on the refs. This loss is because we didnt play well. Luongo had 49 saves we shouldnt be allowing that many shots. Plus we didnt finish on chances. Blaming refs for our losses does nothing but make canuck fans look bad.

I doesn't really matter what we do. Canucks' fans are universally hated and until our team stops winning that isn't going to change.

The refs botched a call on a goal. That's ridiculous. That had a MASSIVE impact on the outcome of the game.

Third loss in a row. Not horrible, neither is it terribly convincing in a positive sense.

Refs are absolute sh!+3! All the failed icing calls against both teams and allowing the Kings to run Luongo. Inexcusable.

Those coffee commercials with that turd Ron McLean made my blood boil. He's an idiot.

Gaunce

Horvat

Shinkaruk

Jensen

Corrado

Schroeder

Not the deepest, but nowhere near but nowhere near being as doom and gloom as people like to say.

I`ll give you Horvat and Corrado. Jensen is horrible, Shroeder is tiny and without a clear NHL role, Guance is a project that might turn out. Hunter is a little guy again, could be decent.

Bottom sixth group in terms of most prospect rankings that I have read, (THN, HF).

What a terrible defensive game! Only one showing up was LUUUU (played great)!

Also...7 mill a season per Sedin begins to look like a not very good deal anymore!

I keep thinking the $4.2m BOOTH gets is the anchor,not the PPG production the twins give year in and year out.

Anaheim is actually better than Chicago if you look at the stats (points per game, goals for, goals against). They just never get the respect they deserve for some reason.

Out of LA, Chicago and Anaheim, the Canucks would have the best chance against Chicago IMO.

Chicago is a small team with average goaltending. One of the only teams in the west that the Canucks can match up physically against.

Canucks will find out tomorrow just how good Anaheim is. Have they even lost at home yet?

Canucks should just fly back home tonight and forfeit the game.

Chicago has 22 more goals for and a better goals for/against differential than Anaheim with a more even spread of scoring throughout the lineup. As well as a much better defense including a top Norris caliber defensemen in Keith who leads defensemen in points with 42 (Seabrook isn't far behind at 6th). Add to that Chicago having gigantic amounts of playoff experience and Anaheim having comparatively very little and its pretty darn clear Chicago is a much better playoff team. tl;dr I'd take Anaheim over Chicago every day of the week.

I`ll give you Horvat and Corrado. Jensen is horrible, Shroeder is tiny and without a clear NHL role, Guance is a project that might turn out. Hunter is a little guy again, could be decent.

Bottom sixth group in terms of most prospect rankings that I have read, (THN, HF).

You know who else are small guys who had no future?

Theo Fleury

Zach Parise

Jeff Skinner

Size means pretty much nothing in hockey.

A lot of comments here to the effect that Luo is the only reason the Canucks are in the game, but really, there have been a lot of games this year where the opposite has been the case and he's been outplayed by 'lesser' or younger goaltenders.

So go put your post where it belongs,in one of the other GDT"s

Really? You're gonna start this poo, RIGHT NOW?

Side note: I think Kesler is by far the best ALL-AROUND player we got.

change your name to "I hate Luongo" already lol you're pathetic

he's the only reason it isn't 6-1 LA right now and you're starting with these stupid comments again?

ok so your point is what exactly? Is this wrong to say?

And your point? we are talking about this game not another game. If Luu sucked this game we'd say he sucked. He is the only one not sucking other than our PPK this game.

So go put your post where it belongs,in one of the other GDT"s

Listen to all you waxing sensitive, over-reacting and protesting about a relatively simple statement of fact.

I don't dislike Luongo - he's been good this year - and that's about it. Good.

He hasn't stolen a single game.

His team has outshot opponents in a whole lot of losses.

Spare me the poor Luo storyline. It's one game.

Listen to all you waxing sensitive, over-reacting and protesting about a relatively simple statement of fact.

I don't dislike Luongo - he's been good this year - and that's about it. Good.

He hasn't stolen a single game.

His team has outshot opponents in a whole lot of losses.

Spare me the poor Luo storyline. It's one game.

he's allowed 2 goals or less in 24 of the 33 games he's played, if your goalie is allowing 2 or less he's giving you more than a good chance to win

go away now

he's allowed 2 goals or less in 24 of the 33 games he's played, if your goalie is allowing 2 or less he's giving you more than a good chance to win

go away now

That doesn't have anything to do with what he is saying. He is saying that we have outshot opponents quite a few times and still lost (quite a few of them on that homestand losing streak). He is right. Thats not taking away anything fro Luo though, he has played well this year.

Definitely not a very solid game from us. Looks like a lot of our defensive break downs carried over from the TB game. Which is unfortunate cause if our defense even played moderately good Luongo probably would have got a shutout, he was that good tonight.

And everyone wonders why he wants a trade.

Archived