The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] ducks won

Strombone1

The Sedin's are going on 34 and obviously their best years are behind them. We need to lock them up at second line money so that we can find a couple wingers for our top line who can play along side Kesler. The Sedin's would thrive not constantly matching up against top checking lines or top pairing defencemen.

Lock them up on 4 year deals at 5mill per each. Another 20 million each and a chance to win a Stanley Cup in Vancouver before they retire.

I'm sure they'd go for it. These guys really class act and wining means everything to them.

Oh wait...... :(

Hamhuis has been terrible absolutely awful in this California trip.

He was the guy who caused the 3 on 1 against LA and now a couple more bad pinches and own goals.. wtf has happened to this guy? he used to be the stabilizer in our D core?!

Hamhuis has been terrible absolutely awful in this California trip.

He was the guy who caused the 3 on 1 against LA and now a couple more bad pinches and own goals.. wtf has happened to this guy? he used to be the stabilizer in our D core?!

If I were the GM this is the guy I would move for a good forward while he still has a good reputation. I thought his trip that allowed Stoll to score the series ending goal a couple of years ago was an aberration...but if you watch him carefully he makes big blatant mistakes at the worst times. He has cost them several games this year. Not blaming him for the loss, but he is a core player that is very underwhelming this year.

tough loss. I have been one of the last people crying for MG to make a trade and I doubt even just a different forward can change much (face it people the Cali teams are just playing too good right now but that can change) but it might be worth the risk for MG to try something. Canucks need to generate more scoring chances.

I know we shouldn't be blaming the refs because we played horrible too.

However, it has never been clearer in the 14 years I've been watching NHL hockey that there are major problems with officiating.

Apparently same refs are doing our game tomorrow....we are completely screwed.

I know we shouldn't be blaming the refs because we played horrible too.

However, it has never been clearer in the 14 years I've been watching NHL hockey that there are major problems with officiating.

Apparently same refs are doing our game tomorrow....we are completely screwed.

Dan O'Rourke (from tonight) and Dave Jackson. No Devo at least but it's still going to be interesting to watch.

You officially proved your stupidity I always knew you had.

Del Rio if you believed that post was not 99% sarcastic, you take the cake as the most stupidest person ever...and I really hate to resort to name calling as you do. I wouldn't wager you have higher than a grade 2 education. (Can you catch the humour in this one?) Wait your grammar might be less than that of someone with a grade 2 education. Please read your comment to yourself and try to make sense of it.

Wow, you people telling others "don't blame the refs" sure like to act like idiots. WHERE are people blaming this loss on the refs? What I do see, and rightfully so, are people blaming the blatant incompetence of the refs. Don't you f***ing DARE tell me these refs were competent! Competent refs don't saddle teams with a seven minute 5-on-3! Competent refs don't have vendettas against teams! Devorski is a disgrace, and so are the losers defending him and his ilk! This was bull****. Someone in management better grow a pair and call out this garbage!

Would you describe your current emotion as, mad?

Part of the problem about the refs is on Gillis. HE basically blamed the refs for losing the Cup in 2011 and ever since they have been against us. It certainly doesn't help that no one in the NHL office likes Gillis at all.

Gillis is hated around the league from his days as a player agent. Agents are hated by most managment types because they are suppose to be.

Hiring a player agent as a GM was a bad move from the get go and it is really hurting this organization now and will in the future.

I missed the game for my own game for only the second time this year. I PVR'd it. HILARIOUS!

I actually kept watching cause it was so funny. Anyone that doesn't think we lack skill is oblivious. I also have to chuckle at those that were all hyped by the "statement" game that we lost. This game is no different even though it was embarrassing, we got no points again.

Thing is I love Sestito and his junior stats back that up the fact he has some skill. 40 goals I think. Anyways, I watch him. I always have since he came from the Flyers, my buddies team, I need to know him inside and out if it comes down to it. He's good, he knows the right plays, his size/ lack of speed and tenacity can be his downfall. The biggest problem is that we're playing Tom Sestito, Hansen, Dalpe, Higgins, and you name it on the first lines and PP. I don't mean to be rude but skill has a place in the game even if those guys are Ashhshat6. Is that not obvious to everyone except maybe Mike?

Too bad MG waited to long because now is not the time to fix it. Now is the time for us fans to pay homage and wait. Blah.

I seem to remember a couple teams getting skunked really bad like this a couple years back and still winning the cup. Anyone have any recollection and numbers of the biggest loss in the season that has gone on to win a cup?

Part of the problem about the refs is on Gillis. HE basically blamed the refs for losing the Cup in 2011 and ever since they have been against us. It certainly doesn't help that no one in the NHL office likes Gillis at all.

Gillis is hated around the league from his days as a player agent. Agents are hated by most managment types because they are suppose to be.

Hiring a player agent as a GM was a bad move from the get go and it is really hurting this organization now and will in the future.

Is there any actual concrete evidence to any of this or are you just speculating completely?

Burke was a player agent and won the cup. Mcphee was also a player agent but hasn't won the cup yet. Cue bass solo....

You know my opinion means nothing but I'm not bad at reading people. Gillis strikes me as one of the people I'd hate more than myself. He's one of those guys that trys to bend reality and he's always right. :)

I would think part of Gm'ing would be people pleasing. It's hard to get into negotiations if you think you're better than everyone else.

How other people with money accept that I don't know.

This is a horrible explanation but ... wait for it

Versthen - Drive a mile in another's shoes. the wiki version is complicated but that's basically it. There used to be this old Dodge Ram commercial about walk a mile in another man's shoes and you realize it is as complicated as your own life so respect those who have their own lives to lead, and are doing so.

Verstehen

Verstehen (German pronunciation: [fɛɐˈʃteːən], literally: "to understand") in the context of German philosophy and social sciences in general, has been used since the late 19th century – in English as in German – with the particular sense of the "interpretive or participatory" examination of social phenomena.[1] The term is closely associated with the work of the German sociologist, Max Weber, whose antipositivism established an alternative to prior sociological positivism and economic determinism, rooted in the analysis of social action.[2] In anthropology, Verstehen has come to mean a systematic interpretive process in which an outside observer of a culture attempts to relate to it and understand others.

Verstehen is now seen as a concept and a method central to a rejection of positivistic social science (although Weber appeared to think that the two could be united). Verstehen refers to understanding the meaning of action from the actor's point of view. It is entering into the shoes of the other, and adopting this research stance requires treating the actor as a subject, rather than an object of your observations. It also implies that unlike objects in the natural world human actors are not simply the product of the pulls and pushes of external forces. Individuals are seen to create the world by organizing their own understanding of it and giving it meaning. To do research on actors without taking into account the meanings they attribute to their actions or environment is to treat them like objects.[3]

Archived