The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stop the delusional talk about a cup run trade.

alexkidd

I don't see us winning 1 game in the playoffs against ANA, LA, or SJS.

I do if they have 2 of their top 5 forwards and 1 of their top 4 Dmen on IR and we have a full team.

I don't know why, but LA, ANA and CHI have basically been injury free all year long. No wonder they are playing well.

Look, I've been in the "Canucks window is closed" camp since they were beat by the Kings in 2012. However, they are still a really good team, and Luongo is putting up good numbers.

The style that Torts coach's is far different than AV. Do I think the Canucks are poised for a Cup run this year? No. Do I think it's impossible? No. Remember, until the Kings picked up Carter, they were on the outside looking in, and they were a team that had a difficult time scoring goals.

Unless the Canucks (fans and management) are willing to give up future talent (ie: Horvat), they won't get an impact player in return. Current team is not good enough, we all know that, and they won't suddenly begin to score a ton, because they are playing Torts' system and they are a little older than 3 years ago. However, they are tight defensively. So another impact player with an Ott on the third line would really make a difference.

Do Canuck fans really want to take another run at the Cup now, or wait another 15 years?

Do Canuck fans really want to take another run at the Cup now, or wait another 15 years?

Can I wait 1-3 instead and let the Horvats, Shinkaruks, Gaunces etc start making real contributions on ELC's? Not to mention whatever UFA's we can attract with the rising cap.

Can I wait 1-3 instead and let the Horvats, Shinkaruks, Gaunces etc start making real contributions on ELC's? Not to mention whatever UFA's we can attract with the rising cap.

You absolutely can, and I can wait too; because although the Canucks are my favourite team, I follow 4 other teams that I can fall back on. However, as good as the Canucks are playing defensively right now, there is no guarantee that will keep up, same with Luongo's play. There is also no guarantee that Horvat, Shink, or Gaunce will pan out either. Just like there is no guarantee that going all in and picking up an Ott, Moulson, Vanek, etc, etc, etc, will work either. It's a high risk, high reward situation. At the end of the day, Canuck fans can't and shouldn't b*tch about Gillis not trading away for good-great players to help now, but insist that prospects are untouchable. You can't have it both ways.

You absolutely can, and I can wait too; because although the Canucks are my favourite team, I follow 4 other teams that I can fall back on. However, as good as the Canucks are playing defensively right now, there is no guarantee that will keep up, same with Luongo's play. There is also no guarantee that Horvat, Shink, or Gaunce will pan out either. Just like there is no guarantee that going all in and picking up an Ott, Moulson, Vanek, etc, etc, etc, will work either. It's a high risk, high reward situation. At the end of the day, Canuck fans can't and shouldn't b*tch about Gillis not trading away for good-great players to help now, but insist that prospects are untouchable. You can't have it both ways.

Traitor!!

now we are talking! we are finally seeing what a bunch of miserable whelps this team has become. ITs not Tort'z fault! Its Mike Gillis this guy totally F'd the team when he traded away Hodgson, a speedy goal scorer for a total cement head, its like traded away cliff ronning for..... tim hunter. At LEAST Tim had an expression on his face like he was ready to play and a nose to prove it.

We always sign the players to huge contracts on the twilight of their careers and only get busts at trade deadline. We dangle the carrot so long and when a canucks player gets the money they flounder. Wonder what happened if we paid the sedins huge dollars 4 years ago like all the other teams where paying their stars. Thats why this team is so unappealing for stars to come here, we don't pay enough to the proven stars, we keep dangling carrots when the sedins should have been getting big dollars years ago near top league levels.

I remember the excitement when the team signed Mogilny. What kind of excitement we get these days. Oh Erhoff Leaves, Salo leaves, Malholtra is a WCB claim, we had a great up and comer like Aaron Volpatti that played with intensity. This guy would have been a great replacement for Burrows but now Burrows is getting over 5 million. This team is way overpaying now for the senior help and we are in a lot of trouble. Our fearless leader Gillis has lost his edge and left critical pieces go and only filled them with the likes of Garrison. All i remember is the media and everyone saying how cool Edler plays at his young age . LOL LMAO . HE has cooled right off and is one of the dirtiest swedes I have seen. But he isn't in front of the net tough, more like stick the knee out tough. Tanev, i guess still young in his career but I'm sure out of everyone he will get traded because another team will get the most of him. I have been following the canucks for 20 years and I can't recall more than 3-4 defensemenof this hers group, Oh yeah how about Bieksa. WAYYY OVERPAID. HE got a superstar contract his 3-4 year as a canuck and has been playing like an idiot since then. WE gave the wrong dollars, half of Bieksas salary should have gone to the sedans 4 years ago. We pay so-called "leaders" in the dressing room more money for being vocal than producing positive results on the ice. WE always would have rather have someone who's active in the community rather than scoring 20 goals. WE have character guys that will show up to puck-drops, christenings, store-openings, children's hospitals ( thats about the only place they should be other than the rink!) WE have forgot what it takes to win and have gone all in with poor leadership. I would say Gillis will be fired by year end and replaced by Torts as GM. Gillis had a great start to his career here but has gone into serious decline.

now we are talking! we are finally seeing what a bunch of miserable whelps this team has become. ITs not Tort'z fault! Its Mike Gillis this guy totally F'd the team when he traded away Hodgson, a speedy goal scorer for a total cement head, its like traded away cliff ronning for..... tim hunter. At LEAST Tim had an expression on his face like he was ready to play and a nose to prove it.

We always sign the players to huge contracts on the twilight of their careers and only get busts at trade deadline. We dangle the carrot so long and when a canucks player gets the money they flounder. Wonder what happened if we paid the sedins huge dollars 4 years ago like all the other teams where paying their stars. Thats why this team is so unappealing for stars to come here, we don't pay enough to the proven stars, we keep dangling carrots when the sedins should have been getting big dollars years ago near top league levels.

I remember the excitement when the team signed Mogilny. What kind of excitement we get these days. Oh Erhoff Leaves, Salo leaves, Malholtra is a WCB claim, we had a great up and comer like Aaron Volpatti that played with intensity. This guy would have been a great replacement for Burrows but now Burrows is getting over 5 million. This team is way overpaying now for the senior help and we are in a lot of trouble. Our fearless leader Gillis has lost his edge and left critical pieces go and only filled them with the likes of Garrison. All i remember is the media and everyone saying how cool Edler plays at his young age . LOL LMAO . HE has cooled right off and is one of the dirtiest swedes I have seen. But he isn't in front of the net tough, more like stick the knee out tough. Tanev, i guess still young in his career but I'm sure out of everyone he will get traded because another team will get the most of him. I have been following the canucks for 20 years and I can't recall more than 3-4 defensemenof this hers group, Oh yeah how about Bieksa. WAYYY OVERPAID. HE got a superstar contract his 3-4 year as a canuck and has been playing like an idiot since then. WE gave the wrong dollars, half of Bieksas salary should have gone to the sedans 4 years ago. We pay so-called "leaders" in the dressing room more money for being vocal than producing positive results on the ice. WE always would have rather have someone who's active in the community rather than scoring 20 goals. WE have character guys that will show up to puck-drops, christenings, store-openings, children's hospitals ( thats about the only place they should be other than the rink!) WE have forgot what it takes to win and have gone all in with poor leadership. I would say Gillis will be fired by year end and replaced by Torts as GM. Gillis had a great start to his career here but has gone into serious decline.

did not read. block of text....eyes hurt soft text making brain numb

we are talking about the same Hodgson right? the slow attitude problem kid who demanded to be in the top6 without even a full season under his belt...and yes I did stop reading after that

you must be a kassian fan, meanwhile they are saying in Buffalo they should do the rebuild around him. Remember Gilbert Perrault ? Also, slow - faster than Kassia,, problem ? he scores goals, very important goals. you probably forgot. He is a top 6 forward! You would be fired as GM in one season. You can't identify talent when its skating right on the television in front of you.

Hawks now have 1 more win than us this month, does that mean they need to rebuild too? What a bunch of premature fans. Bunch of spoiled 12 year olds that cry when things aren't going their way.

How many cups does Chicago have with that crew and how many do we have?

What about the standings? Were fighting to make it as a 7-8 seed and not sure if that's even possible with our current lineup.

lmao, see this is the exact mentality that has diseased this team forever. Comets star

we are talking about the same Hodgson right? the slow attitude problem kid who demanded to be in the top6 without even a full season under his belt...and yes I did stop reading after that

Hodgson even knew he was better than most players on the team. This kind of problem doesn't happen in Chicago. Imagine them saying , uhhh hold on second Patrick Kane , you will have to ease into the league,we have guys that are making more than you, so you'll have to wait. This is what Hodgson experienced Imagine the canucks handling the same situation with Kane. He most certainly wouldn't have been available to score the OT goal a few years back because he would have been wearing a suit or traded well before.

lmao, see this is the exact mentality that has diseased this team forever. Comets star Hodgson even knew he was better than most players on the team. This kind of problem doesn't happen in Chicago. Imagine them saying , uhhh hold on second Patrick Kane , you will have to ease into the league,we have guys that are making more than you, so you'll have to wait. This is what Hodgson experienced Imagine the canucks handling the same situation with Kane. He most certainly wouldn't have been available to score the OT goal a few years back because he would have been wearing a suit or traded well before.

Erm Kane...Who is one of the best goal scorers in the league? Good example how about a Selke winner the year after he won? or an Art Ross/Hart winner 2 years removed? yup Cody was soooooo much better then them...And good for Buffalo rebuilding around him...Need a proper goalie that will stay 1st Miller on his way out

I loved the tough forechecking we did at the start of the year BUT we haven't kept it up. It is an impossible style to maintain with 3 lines..it wore out the vets over the last month..also impossible with injuries (ie bad or hurting shoulders) as much as I love the style we've over used the top lines and have to retreat to a more sustainable trap style. One whole line not helping share the load of a long season is not the correct formula (see Chicago's 4th line as an example of what to strive for)

only got a couple lines in and the density was already epic.

you are certainly the first person to ever refer to Hodgson as "speedy".

that was entertaining. thanks for that.

Archived