The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Yotes beat nucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Check this stat out.

The lowest GF the Canucks have ever had in a season (not including lockouts) was 192, in 98-99.

We currently have 150 with 18 games left. We need 42 goals in 18 games just to tie the worst offensive season in Canucks HISTORY.

That...Is something else

lol

If Kesler is traded tomorrow, we will finish with no 20 goal scorers. We're not going to have any 50 point getters regardless. We literally have no first line anymore. We don't even have a second line. There are teams in the AHL with a bigger offensive punch than us. This is literally going to be the worst offensive season in franchise history unless we miraculously start scoring on a 3 goal pace down the stretch -- FACT.

I thought that sometime I saw we had a top player with less than 50 points.

I thought it was Cody Hodgson on Buffalo but it was us, and it wasn't Cody.

Not funny,

Hard to describe how to feel right now.

If the trades tomorrow are in our favour, it could reset this franchise in a big way. If Gillis fracks up the Kesler trade this franchise is going to be Calgary very soon.

I was there. Two crummy teams.

I think Torts sucks the life out of the Canucks though.

The exact same way he did w/ the Rangers. Just sit back the entire game and not let them play.

That's my 2 cents.

I play Rugby, Hockey, and Soccer and I watch all the leagues. I can satisfactorily say that winning games when you're not the best team is easiest done through defence. Thus all leagues getting more defensive as they grow.

You're right though. He does believe in suffocation.

That's why if you're a GM you should compliment Torts with Supreme scoring talent so he can't help but score and be offensive.

I thought that sometime I saw we had a top player with less than 50 points.

I thought it was Cody Hodgson on Buffalo but it was us, and it wasn't Cody.

Not funny,

How about this. Since Jan. 1, we have 38 goals. The Sabres, the lowest scoring team in the league has a dozen more goals than us. We're dead last since Jan 1st. :lol:

I can't help but laugh inside at how pathetic this is. There's no point in being upset or pissed off anymore.

Hard to describe how to feel right now.

If the trades tomorrow are in our favour, it could reset this franchise in a big way. If Gillis fracks up the Kesler trade this franchise is going to be Calgary very soon.

I totally agree, this entire franchises future is on GMMG's shoulders, the return he gets on the assets we have will make or break this team for the future.

if he mismanages these assets, and doesnt get the best possible return, we could be in for some very dark days. unlike most, i still have faith in Gillis, but like i said, what he does will make or break this franchise for years to come.

All i know, i am in for the long haul, win or lose, i will be cheering them on, i am just very nervous. Tomorrow could be the biggest day the Vancouver Canucks have ever had.

How about this. Since Jan. 1, we have 38 goals. The Sabres, the lowest scoring team in the league has a dozen more goals than us. We're dead last since Jan 1st. :lol:

I can't help but laugh inside at how pathetic this is. There's no point in being upset or pissed off anymore.

Yeah, there's almost a Schadenfreude-type "how low can we get?" interest now. At least it gives us SOME records to break!

That's the good thing about sports. The unbelievable can happen and its not quite like "real" life. If something goes wrong, buy it, change, start a revolution. Fight people. When you can't score goals the game is hilarious cause there is no purpose .. you know? :lol:

You still try though. That's funny too.

i dunno if torts system is as big a problem as you guys say. He isn't all about sit back defense only. he is all about hard north south and establishing the fore check. as a team when was the last stretch you guys remember us generating a chance off the fore check? December, then injuries happened and then slumps and then everyone went emotionally fragile and never recovered. Getting suspended was not good for this group ill give you that but right prior to that was the LA game, that was the turning point.

when we had guys healthy and playing torts system top to bottom we were a top team in the league. We haven't had enough guys going to pull it off ever since then though. Henrick has been playing wounded most of the year as i'm sure we will find out a bunch of our guys will need some kind of surgeries this summer, santos got a head start. so maybe in hindsight we should have made adjustments sooner but there really was no savior waiting in the minors this year, everyone were calling up we are kinda rushing in a way right now

torts game is too be super aggressive and attack the puck, but you cant cheat defensively. The last few months our guys are all slumping so bad they cannot find the will to be aggressive for fear of getting burned and when you do that you end up getting burned. I have seen the system work, this just isn't our year. You win and lose as a team and we didn't get it done.

Had everyone stayed healthy from December on and the 1st line at near a point a game i think were looking to add a piece for the dance rather than being forced into a fire sale at the deadline, but it is what it is and its time to clear salary cap to make room for free agents and load up on picks

ehh rant over,

guess i had to vent

Keep Lack and call up a sh*t ton of players from our farm team and let them go at it.

I guarantee you that we would be doing better as a team right now if we did that, rather than continuing to let the majority of the players we have now play for the rest of the season.

Also Henrik needs to be stripped of the C and it needs to be given to Kesler (if he stays) Bieksa (if he stays) or Burrows (if he stays) for obvious reasons.

and if none of them stay give the C to Lack or nobody at all because I cant think of anybody but Kesler, Bieksa or Burrows who really deserve a C (I would say Lack but nobody is in favour of giving Goalies C)

also what the **** is wrong with Booth? That guy reminds me so much of Jan Builis, how many times does he have to mess up on passing the puck? Almost every time that guy is out there the team looks dreadful.

Archived