The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think Gillis is on to something.

The Magician

Realisticly we could be a top notch contender next year. MG held on to Kesler for a reason. If we can extend Santo (don't see why not after we dumped Diaz for nothing), then we would have legit C depth. Henrik>Kesler>Santo>Mattias>Richardson.

Santorelli could anchor the second line with Mattias holding down the 3rd line and Richardson on the 4th. That would allow Kes to play on the 1st with the Sedins. If Gillis could bring in a solid second liner and a top 4 puck moving defenseman (we could finally end the drop pass for good) we could be deadly.

If Eddie plays like he's playing now, we could potentialy be a top 3 team in the west. All we would need is to stay healthy and I realisticly think that we could be a force next year.

Realisticly we could be a top notch contender next year. MG held on to Kesler for a reason. If we can extend Santo (don't see why not after we dumped Diaz for nothing), then we would have legit C depth. Henrik>Kesler>Santo>Mattias>Richardson.

Santorelli could anchor the second line with Mattias holding down the 3rd line and Richardson on the 4th. That would allow Kes to play on the 1st with the Sedins. If Gillis could bring in a solid second liner and a top 4 puck moving defenseman (we could finally end the drop pass for good) we could be deadly.

If Eddie plays like he's playing now, we could potentialy be a top 3 team in the west. All we would need is to stay healthy and I realisticly think that we could be a force next year.

would need a lot of huge moves before that happens

In said this on another thread but didn't think of Kes on the first line but good point, but I think MG actually has alot of flexibility next year if he buys out Booth. With Lou's contract gone we can sign some players and assuming some of our young guys can make the jump (and they should Horvat was close last year and so was Shinkaruk, Jensen should push), we have a very quick reset with some signings.

Sedin Sedin Vanek or Callahan/Kassian

Shinkaruk Kesler Kassian/ Callahan

Higgins Horvat Burrows

Mathias Richardson Hansen

Pretty damn good depth and mix

are you trying to convince yourself? Trolling or absolutely have no clue whats going on?

Either A. Gillis is a complete moron.

or B.Is a puppet being directed by aquilini's who want nothing but$$$$

nobody in their right minds/ slightest knowledge of hockey believe this team/GM have any plan or direction.

are you trying to convince yourself? Trolling or absolutely have no clue whats going on?

Either A. Gillis is a complete moron.

or B.Is a puppet being directed by aquilini's who want nothing but$$$$

nobody in their right minds/ slightest knowledge of hockey believe this team/GM have any plan or direction.

I think we got a 3C which can be one of the better 3C's in the league for the next 10 years. Also a huge goalie that played on a horrible defensed team with potential. Our goalie duo could be solid for the next 10-15 years. That's a pretty good start.

Gillis needs to spend all available bank and get kes some bad ass wingers, make him captain. Sedins are the second line at best

First line for Kesler ... yes I like that idea. Make him captain? errr let's wait and see. It's going to cause a ton of controversy if Henrik is stripped as Captain.

I do feel that if The Canucks can buy out Booth it's going to help the team a lot. Canucks has lost plenty of 1 goal games this season and if that one player that replaces Booth's cap space for a 20 goal scorer, that can probably help the team a lot.

Gillis is on drugs.

I think he needs to go, Aquaman needs to stay out of our new, competent GM's way, and Torts either has to go or create a new system.

Tort's system right now isn't working. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I think we got a 3C which can be one of the better 3C's in the league for the next 10 years. Also a huge goalie that played on a horrible defensed team with potential. Our goalie duo could be solid for the next 10-15 years. That's a pretty good start.

lol I know which category you fall under..

good for you

Gillis is on drugs.

I think he needs to go, Aquaman needs to stay out of our new, competent GM's way, and Torts either has to go or create a new system.

Tort's system right now isn't working. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Dave Pratt is that you?

He kept saying that all morning...

He does have to go.

Archived