The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think Gillis is on to something.

The Magician

Realisticly we could be a top notch contender next year. MG held on to Kesler for a reason. If we can extend Santo (don't see why not after we dumped Diaz for nothing), then we would have legit C depth. Henrik>Kesler>Santo>Mattias>Richardson.

Santorelli could anchor the second line with Mattias holding down the 3rd line and Richardson on the 4th. That would allow Kes to play on the 1st with the Sedins. If Gillis could bring in a solid second liner and a top 4 puck moving defenseman (we could finally end the drop pass for good) we could be deadly.

If Eddie plays like he's playing now, we could potentialy be a top 3 team in the west. All we would need is to stay healthy and I realisticly think that we could be a force next year.

Your completely right, but it really depends how Sedin's and Burrows come back next year. If this just happens to be an off year with injuries hurting their production. If they come back and put up the points that we've seen from them in the past, then this team is as good as any other team.

If any team has 3 of their top 4 producing players all go on the slumps that our's have, they would also be in the same situation we are now. The fact that we are still in the mix of things with as bad are these three have been just goes to show how good the depth really is on this team

Sorry not with the Sedins and Kesler as the top line.

Let me repeat a phrase said many times in the past:

This team will never win the cup with the Sedins as 1st liners.

i agree, they are a joke now. finished.

We are 100% screwed as long as we have them both on our roster wasting 14million.

3rd liners on a cup winning team. Daniel finished now. just useless.

Take a look at the black hole.

H.Sedin 7M

D.Sedin 7M

Edler 5M

Booth 4.25M

Burrows 4.5M

almost 30 Million completely wasted on these 5 plugs.

trade them, waive them buy them out. watever it takes.

Go get Bjugstad Gudbranson, Couterier and E.Kane make Kesler or Bieksa Captain, play Horvat and Shinkaruk,

bring up some kids, get rid of the Twins.

E.Kane-R.Kesler-Z.Kassian

Shinkaruk-Bjugstad-Jensen

Higgins-Couterier-Mathias

Sestito-Gaunce-Fox

If someone can identify what exactly is the cause for the majority of our top players having their crappiest seasons ever, and then fix that, we are looking at a pretty good situation.

If one or two of our prospects can step up and play well, all the better.

If we can sign on some new scoring production with the new cap space, better still.

Of those 3 'if's the first is the one that is most worrying. Without a remedy for whatever has poisoned the well in Vancouver, I don't think the picture will get any better.

my theory:

while the canucks were winning game after game in december, all we heard from tortorella is that they still weren't playing "the right way." my guess is that after that, they got sick of hearing that and the team collectively threw their hands in the air and said "f--- it, fine" and started playing the boring dump and chase hockey tortorella wants, but without their hearts in it. just went through the motions and started to lose. but at least tortorella started to see some "good things" at that point.

there's absolutely no buy in from this team into his bush league ahl coaching strategy.

I appreciate the optimism ,,, but wow ... i mean wow ... the things I'm reading people say here .... make kesler captain ? maybe mike is on to something ? we have the greatest goaltending duo now ? we are incredibly deep at center ?

wow .. kesler is leaving ...... mike is one of the worst gms this team has ever had ...... god knows how good these goalies will turn out to be ..... and we couldn't be more average at center ..

from the very top down this team is rotten .. The people need to show their disgust by keeping their money ... and no doubt they will .. Franscesco and mike have created something scarier than anger .. they have made a hockey mad city APATHETIC towards their hockey team .. Go whitecaps , lions , giants ,and canadians !!!!

i agree, they are a joke now. finished.

We are 100% screwed as long as we have them both on our roster wasting 14million.

3rd liners on a cup winning team. Daniel finished now. just useless.

Take a look at the black hole.

H.Sedin 7M

D.Sedin 7M

Edler 5M

Booth 4.25M

Burrows 4.5M

almost 30 Million completely wasted on these 5 plugs.

trade them, waive them buy them out. watever it takes.

Go get Bjugstad Gudbranson, Couterier and E.Kane make Kesler or Bieksa Captain, play Horvat and Shinkaruk,

bring up some kids, get rid of the Twins.

E.Kane-R.Kesler-Z.Kassian

Shinkaruk-Bjugstad-Jensen

Higgins-Couterier-Mathias

Sestito-Gaunce-Fox

Ya, just go get them…... :picard:

Its pretty simple what the problem is. No first line scoring. When you get none then everything else falls out of place.

Weather thats because of the Sedin's/Burrows declining, injuries or Torts system, thats the reason.

If we have first line scoring right now we are in a playoff spot. Bottom line.

Also, trusting goaltending to 2 rookies is bizarre to say the least.

I too believe that Gillis and Aqua-weenie have a plan:

It all started 2 years ago when the team was on the road. Late one night (while sharing a hotel suite together) they rented "Major League". Frankie then said to GMMG: "Bettman wants a team in Seattle doesn't he?" And the plan was hatched.

It all started 2 years ago when the team was on the road. Late one night (while sharing a hotel suite together) they rented "Major League". Frankie then said to GMMG: "Bettman wants a team in Seattle doesn't he?" And the plan was hatched.

hahahah i just laughed so hard

Wishful thinking at its finest. Yes our core looks good on paper....a few years ago. It's obvious this team is not what it used to be. Kesler will still have ineffective wingers and the Sedins are aging (the biggest factor).

Kassian has looked pretty good this year. Still quite a ways to go but he is becoming more steady and beggining to play at a different pace. Tanev was solid for the most part this year to, and Lack was pretty amazing when this team played horrible in front of him. We can definetely build on them.

Kassian was the best player on the team while JT was suspended, now he looks terrified to take chances and make a mistake because he never gets back on the ice when he does.

Who's our Willie "Mayes" Hayes?

my theory:

while the canucks were winning game after game in december, all we heard from tortorella is that they still weren't playing "the right way." my guess is that after that, they got sick of hearing that and the team collectively threw their hands in the air and said "f--- it, fine" and started playing the boring dump and chase hockey tortorella wants, but without their hearts in it. just went through the motions and started to lose. but at least tortorella started to see some "good things" at that point.

there's absolutely no buy in from this team into his bush league ahl coaching strategy.

I couldn't agree more. There is no variety, no flexibility, no creativity in his "system" (and I use this term very loosely).........sadly, he's not going anywhere in the next two years.

First line for Kesler ... yes I like that idea. Make him captain? errr let's wait and see. It's going to cause a ton of controversy if Henrik is stripped as Captain.

I do feel that if The Canucks can buy out Booth it's going to help the team a lot. Canucks has lost plenty of 1 goal games this season and if that one player that replaces Booth's cap space for a 20 goal scorer, that can probably help the team a lot.

I think this team is mired in controversy already. The majority of it brought on by the gutless journalists and press hungry for a story. If all it takes for Kesler to stay is giving him the captaincy, the Canucks should jump on it.

Henrik is done, as is Daniel. Blaming Torts systems or the lack of a proper winger is excuses that let them off the hook with zero accountability.

You don't stop scoring completely with a new system. Your point total will be affected but not to zero.

Either they are purposely tanking in hopes of Torts being canned or they truly hit their peak and are now severely overpaid fourth liners.

For those who think Tortorella should be fired after this season, it isn't going to happen even if Gillis wants to do it. Aquilini will not agree to having to pay off a man the rest of his 5 year contract. Aquaman is the one who pulls all the strings. Gillis may request something but Aquaman has to agree (or disagree). Gillis is simply going to be the fall guy. There isn't a lot of franchises in any professional league that have meddlesome owners that doesn't becomes a nuisance and distraction. Aquilini may have been really open and accommodating before, but what with his divorce and possible loss of wealth and assets, demeanors change and pocket book tightens.

Archived